ADVERTISEMENT

FC: Not good on Rasheed Walker

I'm almost more concerned about his reasoning..."didn't feel like walking back to his residence"???

Dude is an elite D1 football prospect and doesn't want to put in the effort to walk back home? You can't coach effort and drive so hopefully this isn't a true example of his general demeanor. #soapbox

The actual theft sounds way more lazy than it does malicious. Its not like he's stealing merchandise in a store which was what I first assumed. Took the bike...road home...dumped it in the grass. Doesn't seem like he wanted the bike at all - he was just lazy. He should just say he was hiding it as a prank (tic).

I agree with you on the lazy part. Lazy is not what you want in a football player.

Reactions: Ohio_Pirate
I agree with you on the lazy part. Lazy is not what you want in a football player.
Since he is due to red shirt anyone remember Bobby Engram? I believe that was stereo equipment. What are the chances of the same punishment, there was another player involved with Engram but not as talented. If I recall that player was gone, someone on the board will remember who it was.

Since he is due to red shirt anyone remember Bobby Engram? I believe that was stereo equipment. What are the chances of the same punishment, there was another player involved with Engram but not as talented. If I recall that player was gone, someone on the board will remember who it was.

Ricky Sayles

I remember the incident and I remember the player. I will leave his name out of this, but the police investigation led them to conclude the other guy was the instigator and that Engram may have been misled by him, believing the taking was authorized. Engram went through a special pre-trial program and the charges were later dropped. The other guy was dismissed from the team.

Maybe they just had an extra tough practice. I remember many a day I could barely make it back to my dorm after track practice.

He is certainly a dumb lazy ass for doing this and I question his work ethic. On the other hand, we only know what he said to the police. There may have been another reason (hazing) he took it. I know that doesn't go on anymore but hey you never know....

Lastly, what dumb ass in this day and age doesn't lock their bike up? I understand that $150 Trek(doubt it is even worth that much) may not be worth locking but wth?

At least he didn't prank call an elderly ex-coach and scare the bejesus out of him.

I say punish him to the extent the law allows for stealing a POS bike(which can't be much), then have Franklin enforce team punishment.

If i recall correctly, Engram was charged with receiving stolen property, not theft.
Possibility that he didn't know it was stolen.

This is way over-blown! My bet is he is 'red-shirted' as punishment and Franklin sits him down for a heart-to-heart... seriously a ton of sanctimony going on in this thread.

Sanctimony implies hypocrisy. I can't speak for others, but you will find none of that in me. One of the reasons I never ran for judge, despite many suggestions that I do so, is that there would not be enough prisons to hold all the people I would sentence. I am not suggesting that he get jail time, but he needs to get a serious message that this football team will not tolerate this type of behavior. I will add that, having been around this board for a number of years, I have no doubt that if this 'taking" was done by a member of the Ohio State team, or Michigan, or Pitt, the condemnations would be loud and long. I will find it interesting to see how Franklin handles this.

This is way over-blown! My bet is he is 'red-shirted' as punishment and Franklin sits him down for a heart-to-heart... seriously a ton of sanctimony going on in this thread.
Seriously? Because everybody steals things, and everybody kills people.... are you Terrell Pryor?

What is an ass scooter?

MVIMG_20180813_071644-1.jpg

_birdgraveyard.0.png

Reactions: BBrown
Why? He stole a bike, not gold bullion.
Agreed. Not right for him to do it, and he deserves to be punished, but that is a far cry from shoplifting or theft of someone’s property with the intention of appropriating it.

I've done the same thing when I was a teenager. Walking home from a party...see a bike laying in a front yard.... It's not like I was scrubbing vin numbers. Drop it off a block from your house, kid would find it the next day. I'm guessing some replying to this thread have done much worse in their lives...like serious jail time worse... you just haven't got caught yet , hypocrites.

Reactions: ThePennsyOracle
I've done the same thing when I was a teenager. Walking home from a party...see a bike laying in a front yard.... It's not like I was scrubbing vin numbers. Drop it off a block from your house, kid would find it the next day. I'm guessing some replying to this thread have done much worse in their lives...like serious jail time worse... you just haven't gotten caught yet , hypocrites.

Yes, I have done much worse. I look back and can admit I cant believe some of the stuff I did. I trust PSU and JF will dole out the proper punishment. If I may add, if this is the worst thing Mr Wheeler ever does, he will be ok.

If any PSU student steals something (of any value) from another PSU student, they need to be suspended from school for a semester. Sorry.

Stealing a pen or pencil warrants getting suspended for a semester? Yikes. And here I thought I was the law and order type. Maybe I'm just a bleeding heart deep inside because your idea seems nuts to me.

Reactions: psu2016
What would we say should happen if this had been a tOSU player?

That's what should happen.

Stealing a pen or pencil warrants getting suspended for a semester? Yikes. And here I thought I was the law and order type. Maybe I'm just a bleeding heart deep inside because your idea seems nuts to me.
What part of "of any value" don't you understand? Other than a laptop, a bicycle is the most important possession for many students. You think it's fine to have football players walking around campus or town thinking "Hey, I need that. I'm gonna take it."? How's that going to work out?

He will be punished by the University for this whether we like it or not.

Reactions: lionroar88
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT