ADVERTISEMENT

FC: New bball assistant coach

Fantastic first hire and not because he is a PSU guy. I'd live to see the next assistant have philly recruiting ties. I know that Del Wilson was saying a St Joe Hawk guy is possibly coming aboard, but I don't know who or at what position. Let's get these guys onboard and on the hunt for talent.

Fantastic first hire and not because he is a PSU guy. I'd live to see the next assistant have philly recruiting ties. I know that Del Wilson was saying a St Joe Hawk guy is possibly coming aboard, but I don't know who or at what position. Let's get these guys onboard and on the hunt for talent.

Coach Shrews may yet hire an assistant with direct Philly ties (Geoff Arnold??), but Fisher is from Eastern PA and Miami has recruited Philly very well. I just watched a YouTube podcast featuring Fisher and fellow Miami assistant Chris Caputo with Delgreco Wilson of The Black Cager, so that connection already exists for Fisher.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Coach Shrews may yet hire an assistant with direct Philly ties (Geoff Arnold??), but Fisher is from Eastern PA and Miami has recruited Philly very well. I just watched a YouTube podcast featuring Fisher and fellow Miami assistant Chris Caputo with Delgreco Wilson of The Black Cager, so that connection already exists for Fisher.
Caputo and Larranaga himself were Miami's big guns in the Baltimore/DC area. But Fisher did really, really well in Philly, and combining him with a guy like Geoff Arnold would absolutely solidify us as a player in Philly.

Reactions: Ranger Dan
You want an instant reboot:

Find a way to get Timberlake and C Tre Mitchel from UMass.

Sessoms
Dread
Lundy
Timberlake
Mitchell

Reactions: bison13
You want an instant reboot:

Find a way to get Timberlake and C Tre Mitchel from UMass.

Sessoms
Dread
Lundy
Timberlake
Mitchell
Landing Tre Mitchell is probably going to require an assistant coaching slot. We're as well positioned to do that as anyone, though it's unclear if Shrewsberry will make that move.

Reactions: Texas Lion
I like the sounds of Geoff Arnold and Fisher as assistant coaches. I think we need a designated big man coach, unless that is something Shrew can handle himself.

Landing Tre Mitchell is probably going to require an assistant coaching slot. We're as well positioned to do that as anyone, though it's unclear if Shrewsberry will make that move.
I don’t follow your logic... are you saying we have to hire a specific assistant coach to get Mitchell? Why not hire the best assistant coach and then let Mitchel choose. Crazy to hire a coach just to attract one player.

I don’t follow your logic... are you saying we have to hire a specific assistant coach to get Mitchell? Why not hire the best assistant coach and then let Mitchel choose. Crazy to hire a coach just to attract one player.
not to be a jerk but that has happened a fair amount in College Sports over the years - not sure it makes sense but seems like more than a few schools thinks it's worth it.

When Tre Mitchell was coming out of Woodstock Academy, he had offers for a whole bunch of major conference schools coming out of high school. He chose UMass. UMass, at the same time, hired Woodstock Academy's coach. Now Mitchell is in the portal, and the UMass assistant coach is engaged to Mitchell's mother. You can put 2+2 together.

When Tre Mitchell was coming out of Woodstock Academy, he had offers for a whole bunch of major conference schools coming out of high school. He chose UMass. UMass, at the same time, hired Woodstock Academy's coach. Now Mitchell is in the portal, and the UMass assistant coach is engaged to Mitchell's mother. You can put 2+2 together.
That does sound like it could be a package deal, but if he likes his future stepdad then why not stay at UMass.

Ok maybe Mitchell is not a good option.lol

Is Noah Collier from pitt in the portal? Would be another good possibility

Now THATS a committed recruiter!

Now THATS a committed recruiter!

There are seven x-Woodstock players at U Mass and the asst coach says he is staying. Hard to say if he will or not. Mitchell will almost certainly end up at a top 15 program surrounded by a full complement of talented players and then head to the NBA after one year.

Yeah I read somewhere that Virginia has already been recruiting him.

I have to think that there's a non-zero chance he wants to play for his dad's team in college.
Why would you think that? Pistol Pete went to LSU, which was not a good place to go at the time for basketball.

There are seven x-Woodstock players at U Mass and the asst coach says he is staying. Hard to say if he will or not. Mitchell will almost certainly end up at a top 15 program surrounded by a full complement of talented players and then head to the NBA after one year.
He could do that at Penn State...

Ok maybe Mitchell is not a good option.lol

Is Noah Collier from pitt in the portal? Would be another good possibility
No indication I've seen that Collier is considering entering the portal. He might start at Pitt next year at PF if their current kid declares for the draft.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT