ADVERTISEMENT

FC: For You Star Gazers...NFL picks by number of stars....

Here you go....per @247sports:

5 Stars= 19
4 Stars= 73
3 Stars= 110
2 Stars= 32
Not Ranked = 21

That is amazing how accurate these star ratings have become. 19 five stars!

This is why people are dissapointed when we land a three star.

LdN

Reactions: wbcincy
Here you go....per @247sports:

5 Stars= 19
4 Stars= 73
3 Stars= 110
2 Stars= 32
Not Ranked = 21

Glad to see that the stars do continue to matter. Incredible what a high percentage of 4 and 5 stars make the NFL compared to 3 stars. As the link above states:

57.6% of 5 stars are drafted
23.6% of 4 stars are drafted
6.9% of 3 stars are drafted
1.1% of 2 stars are drafted

I think that speaks well to recruiting rankings from this site and others.

nm...redundant
I think that the interesting stories are about the 40% or so of the 5 stars that aren't drafted (gotta figure most of those are due to career-ending injuries) and about the 21 no-stars who worked themselves to draft level.

Reactions: wbcincy
I think that the interesting stories are about the 40% or so of the 5 stars that aren't drafted (gotta figure most of those are due to career-ending injuries) and about the 21 no-stars who worked themselves to draft level.

Agree, always enjoy during the draft hearing about the guy who was 5'7" as a HS senior and suddenly 6'2" by his sophomore year of college.

The numbers cited above are why I never look down at us signing a 3 star, many will be great, but I also know we can't put together a team of nothing but them or we'll be no better than Pitt or Rutgers.

Which posters were disappointed in landing King or Davis?? Please name some of them.
Nobody because the 3* category is way too broad. Those kids were picking from their choice of multiple major P5 schools. On the other hand there are tons of 3* kids who only have offers from programs like Rutgers or Pitt. Kids that fit the latter profile can be disappointing.

57.6% of 5 stars are drafted
23.6% of 4 stars are drafted
6.9% of 3 stars are drafted
1.1% of 2 stars are drafted

Now, the interesting breakdown would be which schools are better at getting a higher percentage of their 3 and 4 stars into the draft.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT