ADVERTISEMENT

FC: CSS Failure To Report charge thrown out by judge

This idiot knows nothing. It heartens me that this is all the other side has. Reduced to arguing about the time that a druggie stopped being a productive citizen.

Plea deal, indeed.

Allowing the totalitarian tactics of the Commonwealth OAG to thrust your life into limbo.....not just your own, but your spouses and children etc,. and to refuse a sweet heart plea deal to turn on your old boss.....takes conviction of purpose and courage. To whisper about plea deals now is hilarious. Perhaps they should bring out the trustee who whispered about all the NCAA violations the BOT was protecting PSU from?
The Commonwealth is reduced to one objective. How do we get out of this?No prosecutor wants to subject him or herself to this career ending task.
Only the destruction of Joe Paterno and PSU could camouflage the utter failure of state agencies and the intimate connection of certain trustees and their families to JS. A simple motive and end of the story.

Allowing the totalitarian tactics of the Commonwealth OAG to thrust your life into limbo.....not just your own, but your spouses and children etc,. and to refuse a sweet heart plea deal to turn on your old boss.....takes conviction of purpose and courage. To whisper about plea deals now is hilarious. Perhaps they should bring out the trustee who whispered about all the NCAA violations the BOT was protecting PSU from?
The Commonwealth is reduced to one objective. How do we get out of this?No prosecutor wants to subject him or herself to this career ending task.
Only the destruction of Joe Paterno and PSU could camouflage the utter failure of state agencies and the intimate connection of certain trustees and their families to JS. A simple motive and end of the story.

The turds, and there are many of them involved in this sham, are hoping the Feds bail them out of the pile they dropped and then stepped in.Your next to the last sentence sums it up neatly.

No one is "rolling over" or taking a plea where C/S &S are concerned. Anyone who believes this is a jackass.

This idiot knows nothing. It heartens me that this is all the other side has. Reduced to arguing about the time that a druggie stopped being a productive citizen.

Plea deal, indeed.

Especially amusing is his continued inference that his arrest was triggered by the Louis Fact-Freeh report??? Not even sure what Wack-a-doodles is even trying to imply here. What on earth does the timing of Sloane using the mails to order drugs, and getting busted for it, have to do with anything, let alone when Louis Fact-Free published his work of fiction bought-&-paid-for by the corrupt PSU BOT and intended to protect these scumbags, who were highly tied to Sandusky and his personal charity, by using innocent parties as "foils" and "fall-guys".

Just bizarre that agenda-boy keeps promoting some "righteous connection" between Louis the "Liar for Hire" and law enforcement....nothing could be further from the truth!

Funny, but I'm sure there will be testimony by people like Tom Harmon who will shed light on the matter.

Tom Harmon - the guy that told the Grand Jury he never spoke to Gricar about 1998 incident despite Schreffler saying that Gricar told him to close his file on 6/3/1998 citing a conversation he had recently had with Harmon about the file and DPW closing their investigation......and sending an e-mail to Schultz the afternoon of 6/1/1998 perfectly consistent with this timing (i.e., Harmon's e-mail to Schultz, his boss, says that he spoke with DPW [Lauro], they have finished their investigation, are issuing their report and have made a finding that the Child Hotline Report is unfounded)??? Is that the Harmon whose "testimony" will "shed light" (and not self-serving misrepresentations) on the matter??? LMFAO, okee-dokee whatever you say!

I'm also sure that the defense has a few questions lined up for him. That will be interesting indeed.

Yea, I'm guessing the the defense is just as curious about Harmon's DPW e-mails as Ray Blehar is.....see the following hotlinks to these Blehar pieces:

THIS SUMMARY BY JIMMYW also demonstrates many of the self-serving inconsistencies of Harmon's under oath testimony in multiple PA court-rooms with the actual documented factual record (including Harmon's claim that he was not directly speaking with DPW which his May and June 1998 e-mails to Schultz sharply contradict).

Funny, but I'm sure there will be testimony by people like Tom Harmon who will shed light on the matter.

I can't wait for Tom Harmon. The career cop who never asked Gary why he inquired about the '98 report(I have a bridge for sale). If there is one individual who has escaped scrutiny and knew everything that went on on campus it is TH.
Someone should throw you a life jacket, you are going down for the third time.

The state is not going to be able to hide/protect baldwin, harmon, MM, and Lauro forever. If the trial happens They will be called and cross examined thoroughly because they are the nexus of the case (Lauro is more tangential but he may get grilled abt exactly what role he played in unfounding the report and if the admins somehow influenced his opinion). Harmon and Baldwin already have no credibility and MM and Lauro won't for long once they get cross examined.

If the state really is trying to take this all the way back to 98 then good luck. Every agency under the sun was invovled and the admins had no control whatsoever over any of them.

I'm also sure that the defense has a few questions lined up for him. That will be interesting indeed.

Yea, I'm guessing the the defense is just as curious about Harmon's DPW e-mails as Ray Blehar is.....see the following hotlinks to these Blehar pieces:

THIS SUMMARY BY JIMMYW also demonstrates many of the self-serving inconsistencies of Harmon's under oath testimony in multiple PA court-rooms with the actual documented factual record (including Harmon's claim that he was not directly speaking with DPW which his May and June 1998 e-mails to Schultz sharply contradict).

HERE IS ANOTHER HIGHLY PERTINENT ARTICLE on these topics.....

If JJ thinks Sloane has some sort of testimony that would paint CSS in a bad light, he's crazy. Any such testimony would almost certainly by extension paint Gricar (and possibly himself) in a bad light, and as JJ should know, Sloane holds Gricar on a pedestal. Sloane considers Gricar the gold standard of DAs (and he really might have been), the complete opposite of his nemesis Stacy Parks Miller.

I do not believe Sloane could/would utter one word that could directly or indirectly sully the reputation of Ray F. Gricar.

If Sloane is the "star witness", then this is a bluff by the prosecution and the defendants' lawyers should call them on it.

If the state really is trying to take this all the way back to 98 then good luck. Every agency under the sun was invovled and the admins had no control whatsoever over any of them.

I keep coming back to this quote from Karen Arnold.
I"The grand jury experience was one of the more negative experiences in my life. There are aspects of the Sandusky case this grand jury ignored and that will bite them in the ass if the case goes forward."

If JJ thinks Sloane has some sort of testimony that would paint CSS in a bad light, he's crazy. Any such testimony would almost certainly by extension paint Gricar (and possibly himself) in a bad light, and as JJ should know, Sloane holds Gricar on a pedestal. Sloane considers Gricar the gold standard of DAs (and he really might have been), the complete opposite of his nemesis Stacy Parks Miller.

I do not believe Sloane could/would utter one word that could directly or indirectly sully the reputation of Ray F. Gricar.

If Sloane is the "star witness", then this is a bluff by the prosecution and the defendants' lawyers should call them on it.
Very insightful. What makes Sloane an interesting character is the question raised by his arrest. In your opinion, to what extent does his admiration for Gricar become flexible in the face of real jail time?

To what extent does this affect his ability to truthfully recall events from 16 years ago?

Reactions: dshumbero
One has to wonder what may have been at the heart of that defense???? Nothing is out of bounds. Given what we now know.
For starters he could have proven one was lying or Jerry never had access to the victims...but Jerry did. They could have shown how most men in their 50's go out of their way to get children who aren't their own alone. Oh wait...most do not. Jerry's new defense will be they took the money, but while factual doesn't mean he didn't do it.

I doubt he gets a new trial. Way too many worms in that can, and nobody feels sorry for him anyhow. Doesn't mean it's right, but that's what will happen. Jerry is where he belongs, but others who also belong behind bars aren't there because of how all of this went down.

You have a lot of rightful vitriol towards JS, but chances are there is more to the story that would make you equally angry, and that story is never going to get told.

For starters he could have proven one was lying or Jerry never had access to the victims...but Jerry did. They could have shown how most men in their 50's go out of their way to get children who aren't their own alone. Oh wait...most do not. Jerry's new defense will be they took the money, but while factual doesn't mean he didn't do it.

One can believe that JS is totally innocent. Or, one might choose to think he is guilty of some, not all......or you might say that JS is guilty of any and all charges.
You don't have to choose any of the above to question the type of justice rendered in the trial. I happen to be curious as to why the OAG had to present such a flawed prosecution when they had one of the worst predators in history in their cross hairs. Was it because they had orders to implicate PSU? In addition, I would wish anyone accused of a crime, better representation than Sandusky received. Was it because the case was rushed to trial? I don't know.

I doubt he gets a new trial. Way too many worms in that can, and nobody feels sorry for him anyhow. Doesn't mean it's right, but that's what will happen. Jerry is where he belongs, but others who also belong behind bars aren't there because of how all of this went down.

You have a lot of rightful vitriol towards JS, but chances are there is more to the story that would make you equally angry, and that story is never going to get told.
I'm not so sure it's vitriol but rather I not sympathetic towards Jerry. I can separate what he did from PSU.

Last edited:

If he lives long enough, I believe he will get a new trial. I believe that Al Lindsay and Andrew Salemme have done a very good job in showing that Sandusky's trial was patently unfair. Hopefully a replacement judge for Cleland will be named soon and hopefully he can be objective. If he or she is, I believe they will have no choice but to order a new trial. If they rule against Sandusky it will get appealed to Superior and/or Pa. Supreme court. If there is an appeal, I like Sandusky's chances on appeal.

I'm not so sure it's vitriol but rather I not sympathetic towards Jerry.

Don't confuse sympathy for JS with a desire to get to the bottom of the whole mess. JS, by continuing to shower with children, even if not a pedophile, put himself in jail. My concern is for the people and institutions that were carelessly (or were they targeted) destroyed.

Don't confuse sympathy for JS with a desire to get to the bottom of the whole mess. JS, by continuing to shower with children, even if not a pedophile, put himself in jail. My concern is for the people and institutions that were carelessly (or were they targeted) destroyed.

I agree that Sandusky is not that smart and naive, but IMO they is no way he deserved the fate that he has received.

Reactions: indynittany
I agree that Sandusky is not that smart and naive, but IMO they is no way he deserved the fate that he has received.

Let me share my train of thought. If I were naive or careless or feeling bullet proof.....and I got away from being charged by the "skin of my teeth"....I would avoid that behavior in the future.
JS was not the only "careless" or "naive" individual in this mess....can't even begin to wonder why JR or BH didn't stop it. I think all citizens deserve a fair trial and I'd like to see JS get one for that reason as well as to shed light on who was pulling the strings behind the curtain and why.

The thing is people testified to more than just showers or him just being goofy. That isn't a guess or my opinion...some actually testified to more than a tickle or a shower. I do feel for Joe, C/S/S assuming they were just collateral damage in the witch hunt, but I'm not sure why one has to be against the truth if they think Jerry is indeed a pedophile. I'm all for the truth and nothing so far other than a few PSU people thinking Jerry had a bad lawyer makes me think he somehow was just framed by the entire state. Jerry and Joe's reputation aren't tied to the hip for me. Nor do I care what a Pitt or RU fan thinks about Joe. They didn't like him before...f--k em.

Good post. I agree with just about everything you say. On the flip side, I'm not sure why someone has to think Jerry is innocent to remain interested in the pursuit of the truth as it pertains to PSU. And I say that with the deep concern that we may never know what really happened there. Still, I am keenly interested as long as there is a ray of hope for further illumination.

I followed the case and testimony pretty closely, and I do think the trial had issues and I do have doubts about how far Sandusky ever went. Having said that, I have no doubt he went too far. He made his bed. I spend no time worrying about his fate.

I'm not so sure it's vitriol but rather I not sympathetic towards Jerry. I can separate what he did from PSU.

Nevertheless, as much as Jerry deserves to be incarcerated, it's certainly not fair that others have been shielded from prosecution because of the way the trial went down. As disgusted as you/we may be with Jerry's actions, to blankly assume that he is the only perpetrator is naive, given the way things have been conducted. If you truly seek justice, then all of the bad guys need to pay.

Nevertheless, as much as Jerry deserves to be incarcerated, it's certainly not fair that others have been shielded from prosecution because of the way the trial went down. As disgusted as you/we may be with Jerry's actions, to blankly assume that he is the only perpetrator is naive, given the way things have been conducted. If you truly seek justice, then all of the bad guys need to pay.
If others are guilty of crimes, let that come to light. I've never once stated otherwise.

Reactions: elvis63

Can you name some?

Reactions: elvis63
If others are guilty of crimes, let that come to light. I've never once stated otherwise.

The unnamed dark , shadowy figures are my favorite conspiracy villains .
I'm guessing George Soros.
Or maybe the three willfully slow played or covered it up? Nah , has to be Soros.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT