ADVERTISEMENT

FC: CSS Failure To Report charge thrown out by judge

Ganim wrote in 11/11 that Sloane was involved in the case in 1998.

Sloane was arrested about 3 months after Freeh was released. About a month after that, the Spanier presentment, with a fair amount of discussion of 1998 was released.

I don't see any links.

maxwellsmart_missed_it_by_that_much.jpg

Reactions: Nellie R
Huh??? The named "Judicial Administrative Authority" - PA DPW - under the applicable PA Child Protective Services Code (i.e., CPSL) unequivocally said Sandusky DID NOT commit a child abuse crime in regards to the 1998 Second Mile / Sandusky incident! Specifically, the STATE AGENCY, JUDICIAL AUTHORITY, holder and issuer of The Second Mile's Children's Charity Licenses stated that the circumstances of the incident fell within the regular practices of the charity's programs in regards to a child participant of the children's dedicated charity interacting with a "coach/mentor" counsellor via one of the charity's programs! And the DPW made this FINDING and issued it in their formal report on the matter WELL BEFORE the meeting being referenced here! Absurd to sit here and claim that members of PSU's Athletic Department Administration were consulted by local LE to make the determination as to whether The Second Mile had violated their DPW State-Granted Children's Charity Operating Licenses and one of their "Athletic Program Counsellors" had in fact committed child-abuse via while conducting a Charity-Sanction Athletic Program?!?!?!

I'm afraid you have it completely bass ackwards in regards to who makes the determination regarding the conduct of a Second Mile Counsellor interacting with Second Mile Participant via a Second Mile Sanctioned Athletic Program - the determination regarding the criminality of the conduct of Sandusky in this situation is made by the PA DPW as the named JUDICIAL ADMINISTRATIVE AUTHORITY within the CPS Code for making such determinations when it is completely unclear whether abuse has in fact occurred via a regulated charity's programs (i.e., there is no DIRECT EVIDENCE of a crime including the supposed victim vehemently denying any criminal abuse). Your notion that PA Code says that this determination within the program of a STATE-REGULATED Children's Charity's Sanctioned Program is to be made by football coaches and athletic administrators consulting with the local DA and NOT the Charity's License Holder and Regulator as to daily operations - the PA DPW - is laughable, made-up, conjured BULL$HIIT of the highest order!!!

I was not saying what I though but was trying to summarize what stuff's belief seems to be on the situation, which is what the poster I quoted seemed to be looking for.

Who is "gagged"? And under what parameters?

:)

choke-yourself-o.gif
Spanier claimed he was and that's why he couldn't tell to BOT every detail. Cynthia Baldwin disagreed, FWIW.

The judge can do this, it is not required.

Also, since I do not want to quote STD posts, we have not seen all of the GJ testimony. There are more GJ transcripts that are invisible to the public.

Last edited:
If I'm understanding this correctly, you believe the OAG used Sloane's arrest on drug charges to get him to talk. But if Sloane was withholding information before, why the hell did he disclose the existence of the dictaphone and turn it over to authorities? By doing that, Sloane brought himself into this whole case. Before that, he was not even remotely involved.

Go back and reread. He was involved, as he was aware of what happen in 1998, according to the report in 11/11, so he was involved from 1998.

It is possible that the OAG got something post Freeh and pre-arrest.

As for Sloane's arrest, it was supposedly receiving one pain pill and a small amount of marijuana. It was a very charge for the amounts involved.

Further, the plea agreement was quite generous.

Spanier claimed he was and that's why he couldn't tell to BOT every detail. Cynthia Baldwin disagreed, FWIW.

The judge can do this, it is not required.

Also, since I do not want to quote STD posts, we have not seen all of the GJ testimony. There are more GJ transcripts that are invisible to the public.

Correct, a judge can impose a gag order, but it is the exception not the rule. There are some that were not released. Baldwin's were, for example as were Curley, Schultz and Paterno.

We know, for example, that Arnold testified before the grand jury, but her testimony has not been released. I think it is the same with Bradley.

Another example of his intellectual dishonesty. Most transparent astroturfer of 2017. His mere presence here is a sign of desperate times at the OAG.
This guy is truly in a class by himself. He's spent 63 solid months harassing Penn Staters in comment sections, in forums and on message boards using any one of host of different aliases.

Every day, including evenings, weekends & holidays.

Last edited:
Go back and reread. He was involved, as he was aware of what happen in 1998, according to the report in 11/11, so he was involved from 1998.

It is possible that the OAG got something post Freeh and pre-arrest.

As for Sloane's arrest, it was supposedly receiving one pain pill and a small amount of marijuana. It was a very charge for the amounts involved.

Further, the plea agreement was quite generous.

Correct, a judge can impose a gag order, but it is the exception not the rule. There are some that were not released. Baldwin's were, for example as were Curley, Schultz and Paterno.

We know, for example, that Arnold testified before the grand jury, but her testimony has not been released. I think it is the same with Bradley.
What were Arnold's comments as she left her GJ testimony? And Bradley has made public comments in response to Mike's civil trial.

This guy is truly in a class by himself. He's spent 63 solid months harassing Penn Staters in comment sections, in forums and on message boards using any one of host of different aliases.

Every day, including evenings, weekend & holidays.

You seem to be more interested in my supposed posting activities than my posting activities than in what I am posting. Interesting.

What were Arnold's comments as she left her GJ testimony? And Bradley has made public comments in response to Mike's civil trial.

Arnold made none when leaving.

We have not seen his grand jury testimony, however.

Did I hurt your feelings?

No, just making an observation. It is interesting that you are more conserned about my presumed posting than what I am saying.

Arnold made none when leaving.

We have not seen his grand jury testimony, however.

No, just making an observation. It is interesting that you are more conserned about my presumed posting than what I am saying.
Look, do you have something to say? If so, say it. What is the purpose of these incessant "clues, hints, suggestions, theories, proofs"? We are over 1,000 posts and you still haven't provided any substantial, significant information. It is very tiring and a waste of time for anyone caring to take a look at this thread. Either Sh#t or get off the pot already.

Look, do you have something to say? If so, say it. What is the purpose of these incessant "clues, hints, suggestions, theories, proofs"? We are over 1,000 posts and you still haven't provided any substantial, significant information. It is very tiring and a waste of time for anyone caring to take a look at this thread. Either Sh#t or get off the pot already.

He's just an attention whore

JJ is busy over on Penn Naive, because they have an article "It's Like Penn State All Over Again". mbe/Andrea is there along with the idiot Brian from the Wolv.

I have said to wait for the trial. I will be saying a bit more them. Hopefully is is not delayed.

I don't recall whether or not she made any comments as she was leaving, but she did say this later:

"The grand jury experience was one of the more negative experiences in my life. There are aspects of the Sandusky case this grand jury ignored and that will bite them in the ass if the case goes forward."

I don't recall whether or not she made any comments as she was leaving, but she did say this later:

"The grand jury experience was one of the more negative experiences in my life. There are aspects of the Sandusky case this grand jury ignored and that will bite them in the ass if the case goes forward."
This is excellent intel. Thank you.

He's just an attention whore

No, I just started here on 1/16/17. A number of people wanted attention here before that.

Pnnykitty, how can I be on PL and here at the same time? Is my real name Legion, because we are many?

If you want credibility here, then provide a comprehensive list of your aliases.

Sure. On this site: Stufftodo.

Now, how about yours?

I will have to wait to respond, as I have used up my allotment of posts.

No, I just started here on 1/16/17. A number of people wanted attention here before that.

Pnnykitty, how can I be on PL and here at the same time? Is my real name Legion, because we are many?

It's no use pretending, JockstrapJohn, you busted yourself.

Sure. On this site: Stufftodo.

Now, how about yours?

I will have to wait to respond, as I have used up my allotment of posts.
Why are you afraid to provide the others?

Reactions: Mixolydian
JJ, your extreme involvement on the message boards for this affair is one of the more bizarre sub-chapters in the entire thing. The very over-the-top nature of it makes me very suspicious that you have a deep personal connection to something or someone that is embroiled in this mess. Am I right? Who would know of this? It is possible that one of CSS may eventually shine more light on the entire cast of characters, when they can talk?

Maybe that's why you want them to take a plea deal, to guarantee their silence? Otherwise I can't figure out why you care so much.

JJ, your extreme involvement on the message boards for this affair is one of the more bizarre sub-chapters in the entire thing. The very over-the-top nature of it makes me very suspicious that you have a deep personal connection to something or someone that is embroiled in this mess. Am I right? Who would know of this? It is possible that one of CSS may eventually shine more light on the entire cast of characters, when they can talk?

Maybe that's why you want them to take a plea deal, to guarantee their silence? Otherwise I can't figure out why you care so much.

in re JJ I go to Billy Shakes: "the lady doth protest too much, methinks"

I'm curious how she knows what exactly the GJ was looking at. She testified in early March. Much more was learned about the 1998 case in April and beyond. I'd like to hear her explain why Gricar booted her off the case and what the "extensive disagreements" with him were about.

Last edited:
I'm curious how she knows what exactly the GJ was looking at. She testified in early March. Much more was learned about the 1998 case in April and beyond. I'd like to hear her explain why Gricar booted her off the case.

From Kiesling:
Former ADA Arnold tells me that she only had the 1998 Sandusky case for "two or three days" before DA Gricar, without explanation, took the case from her.

"Ray was my boss and he said he would handle it," former ADA Arnold says. "I only had the Sandusky case for a few days. I don't know why Ray handled it the way he did. I can't read his mind. I'm not a mind reader."

My theory? Sandusky was a high profile figure in Centre County, and as such had the potential to be a highly publicized case with a lot of media. It is not uncommon for DAs to take such cases for themselves. It literally happens everywhere. Some DAs do it to score political points. Some do it to personally ensure there aren't any missteps.

What I've heard - and just take this for what its worth - is that Arnold was rather "deliberate", and as such it took her a long time to perform her normal duties. She was painfully slow and notoriously behind schedule. I'm sure this was because she paid great attention to detail, which is not always a bad thing, but perhaps Ray thought since this was a public figure, he better take it off her hands and decide quickly whether or not to prosecute, lest it linger out there for the media to eventually get ahold of and then have a potentially innocent public figure's name (and his employer and his charity) dragged through the mud.

I don't think there's anything odd at all about Ray taking this case of Arnold's hands.

I know Sloane is keeping a low profile.

It would depend on a few things:

1. Is there some evidence showing that Sloane was involved in 1998? What would that involve?

2. Does Sloane support or is supported by other witnesses from 1998?

I have not heard of any suggestion that Sloane ever went before the grand jury prior to the Freeh Report being released. While Freeh attempted to interview Arnold, she declined, there is no suggestion that they talked to anyone else in the 1998 DA's Office.

Also note that everything related to Sloane happened after the Freeh Report was released.

Ganim wrote in 11/11 that Sloane was involved in the case in 1998.

Sloane was arrested about 3 months after Freeh was released. About a month after that, the Spanier presentment, with a fair amount of discussion of 1998 was released.

So which of these quotes will JJ go back and edit, then tell the people who responded to them that they're wrong?

From Kiesling:
Former ADA Arnold tells me that she only had the 1998 Sandusky case for "two or three days" before DA Gricar, without explanation, took the case from her.

"Ray was my boss and he said he would handle it," former ADA Arnold says. "I only had the Sandusky case for a few days. I don't know why Ray handled it the way he did. I can't read his mind. I'm not a mind reader."

My theory? Sandusky was a high profile figure in Centre County, and as such had the potential to be a highly publicized case with a lot of media. It is not uncommon for DAs to take such cases for themselves. It literally happens everywhere. Some DAs do it to score political points. Some do it to personally ensure there aren't any missteps.

What I've heard - and just take this for what its worth - is that Arnold was rather "deliberate", and as such it took her a long time to perform her normal duties. She was painfully slow and notoriously behind schedule. I'm sure this was because she paid great attention to detail, which is not always a bad thing, but perhaps Ray thought since this was a public figure, he better take it off her hands and decide quickly whether or not to prosecute, lest it linger out there for the media to eventually get ahold of and then have a potentially innocent public figure's name (and his employer and his charity) dragged through the mud.

I don't think there's anything odd at all about Ray taking this case of Arnold's hands.

What if Gricar wanted a "psych" to evaluate the kid and Arnold thought something fishy was going on? Especially since Ray didn't normally rely on psychs?

What if Gricar wanted a "psych" to evaluate the kid and Arnold thought something fishy was going on? Especially since Ray didn't normally rely on psychs?

The record shows the DIAMETRIC OPPOSITE - Schreffler's police reports demonstrate that the Centre County DA (both Arnold and Gricar) did not want Seasock brought into the case or to speak with the child (Alycia Chambers had already provided her opinion based on speaking directly with the boy when she made her report to the DPW's Child Hotline as a "Mandatory Reporter" including notifying DPW that she was a "Mandatory Reporter under CPSL; why she was a Mandatory Reporter [child's personal threrapist] under the law; that the local DPW CYS Office in Centre County was conflicted and could not do the handle the required investigation locally; and why they were conflicted [i.e., the charity where the child was a participating in an athletic program at the time of the incident, The Second Mile, had an "Agency Relationship" with the DPW Centre County CYS Office, which constituted a conflict under CPSL and therefore CC CYS could not do the investigation of Chambers' report to the DPW Child Hotline.).

Ultimately Jerry Lauro over-rode the Centre County DA Office's request to postpone indefinitely the evaluation of the child that John Miller of Centre County CYS had set up with Seasock (Lauro told Schreffler that he had called Harrisburg and his boss at DPW told him to ignore the Centre County DA Office's request and continue with the evaluation by Seasock as originally scheduled by Miller which is ULTIMATELY precisely what occurred). Attempting to claim that the Centre County DA's Office had anything whatsoever with bringing Seasock into the equation is complete rubbish and the DIAMETRIC OPPOSITE of the truth and reality of what occurred.

From Kiesling:

Arnold however was still the designated abuse prosecutor after the case and was still doing it after Gricar disappeared, almost seven years later. He didn't seem to have too much of a problem with her doing abuse cases.

It was decided quickly, but even if Arnold had continued to handle it, it would not have been public.

What strikes me is that Gricar did not involve Arnold, at all, in the case. She was the designated person to handle these types of cases, so she might been a good choice for second chair. It is not so much that he took over the case himself, but that he completely removed Arnold.

Sloane was, personally, closer to Gricar and was an alumnus, but he generally didn't prosecute abuse cases.

Arnold definitely would have thought it was fishy, because neither Seasock's nor Chambers' conclusions were admissible in court at the time. (That was one of Freeh's mistakes.)

The law was changed, but not until 2012, after the Sandusky trial (and largely because of it). You will note that neither of the reports were entered into evidence in that trial..

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT