ADVERTISEMENT

FC: “N.J. restaurants NOT reopening for indoor dining this week after ‘knucklehead’ crowds...

PGA tour players were just there. A few commented on how they couldn’t believe how lax the restrictions were .

We were supposed to be at our timeshare in HHI 7/10-7/24 and my dad kept referencing how the PGA was going there because of how safe it was. The comments from players were the last straw for my wife so we aren't going now. My dad lives south of Myrtle Beach so I guess there's not much difference for him, and he is still going for the first week that he owns, but I can't see the value in going there when you can't social distance at the pool (can barely find a seat at the pool normally) or at the restaurants where you normally have to wait for seating as most places we frequent don't take reservations.

lions1995, I'm interested to hear how your trip goes and how much different things are this year. I will definitely miss not being able to take our 15 month old to see Gregg Russell, but spending the money building a deck for our above ground pool will definitely have more long term value.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
...ruin it for everyone”

GXD76CXYTJD6XELUTTYEMIAQ3M.jpg

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020...head-crowds-at-bars-ruin-it-for-everyone.html

I am really starting to think we are experiencing the first "smart" virus. Like some sort of Star Trek episode. A smart virus, that knows what crowds to attack.

Reactions: Ski
We were supposed to be at our timeshare in HHI 7/10-7/24 and my dad kept referencing how the PGA was going there because of how safe it was. The comments from players were the last straw for my wife so we aren't going now. My dad lives south of Myrtle Beach so I guess there's not much difference for him, and he is still going for the first week that he owns, but I can't see the value in going there when you can't social distance at the pool (can barely find a seat at the pool normally) or at the restaurants where you normally have to wait for seating as most places we frequent don't take reservations.

lions1995, I'm interested to hear how your trip goes and how much different things are this year. I will definitely miss not being able to take our 15 month old to see Gregg Russell, but spending the money building a deck for our above ground pool will definitely have more long term value.
Checked a link on hot spots per capita on US cities, HH was 25, Myrtle somewhere 15ish, and Charleston 10ish. I think it was on MSNs home page.

Checked a link on hot spots per capita on US cities, HH was 25, Myrtle somewhere 15ish, and Charleston 10ish. I think it was on MSNs home page.
Is that "hot" w/ hospitalizations, icu's, deaths? Or just lots of questionable test results/tabulations?

Reactions: bison13
positive tests was the metric, don't shoot the messenger.
Just sayin'...My VA nurse neighbor told me that PBC was at over 50% false positives. Also if you get tested more than once, your positives count as a new person (for some reason).

Just sayin'...My VA nurse neighbor told me that PBC was at over 50% false positives. Also if you get tested more than once, your positives count as a new person (for some reason).

She knows this how? States collects test statistics and they have the ability to back out duplicates. Not saying that they do in any particular state, but if they aren't and using unpurged data, it's no wonder that governors have difficulty making good decisions.

She knows this how? States collects test statistics and they have the ability to back out duplicates. Not saying that they do in any particular state, but if they aren't and using unpurged data, it's no wonder that governors have difficulty making good decisions.
I'll ask her in the AM. She was a nurse forever, now she's more of an administrator, so I assume she was told that by someone within the PBC bureaucracy. She also said that there are sketchy labs doing testing and reporting 80-90% positive rates. Lots of questions.

I'll ask her in the AM. She was a nurse forever, now she's more of an administrator, so I assume she was told that by someone within the PBC bureaucracy. She also said that there are sketchy labs doing testing and reporting 80-90% positive rates. Lots of questions.

We had a place spring up in April that was advertising quick Covid testing and they were gone in a month. I had taken the number down while I decided whether to get tested or not, as I was going to pay out of pocket for it. Two weeks later, I called the number and it was an after hours number for a doctor. I guess he saw an opportunity to make a quick buck on testing, made his money, and then bailed.

We had a place spring up in April that was advertising quick Covid testing and they were gone in a month. I had taken the number down while I decided whether to get tested or not, as I was going to pay out of pocket for it. Two weeks later, I called the number and it was an after hours number for a doctor. I guess he saw an opportunity to make a quick buck on testing, made his money, and then bailed.
Something else the other countries that are supposedly doing so much better than we are don’t have, the get rich quick scam artist.

Lots of questions.
I have many questions.
1) Why so many more positive tests (cases) and so few deaths?
2) Does a "Positive" test mean that the person:
2.1) Has the virus currently (either symptomatic or asymptomatic) and is contagious?
2.2) Had the virus at some time in the last X months and is no longer contagious?
3) Do "Positive" tests include testing for the anti-body?

These are just a few. If anyone can guide me to an authoritative source for these answers, I would appreciate it.

Yes, because everyone on here when they were in their teen years into their 20’s would have stayed home out of concern for their fellow man. Give me a break.

So, you get angry at the youngsters for daring to say "have a good one" rather than "have a good day," but when they put lives at risk, you want breaks given. A man has to have his priorities, no doubt.

Yes, because everyone on here when they were in their teen years into their 20’s would have stayed home out of concern for their fellow man. Give me a break.
How would you know that? We never had a Pandemic like this to deal with. It's also the fault of the bar owners. Totally irresponsible. The reopening rallies and the Floyd protests and political rallies all did not help. It's a collective poor effort from many Americans who don't have the discipline to knock this virus down.

How would you know that? We never had a Pandemic like this to deal with. It's also the fault of the bar owners. Totally irresponsible. The reopening rallies and the Floyd protests and political rallies all did not help. It's a collective poor effort from many Americans who don't have the discipline to knock this virus down.
Woodstock took place during a pandemic.

So, you get angry at the youngsters for daring to say "have a good one" rather than "have a good day," but when they put lives at risk, you want breaks given. A man has to have his priorities, no doubt.
It’s not just young people saying “have a good one”....try to keep up. And please explain how they’re going to wear a mask in a bar....can you drink through the masks nowadays? Didn’t know that.

Again, how do you wear a mask in a bar when you’re there to drink? Do you have to wear a mask at a restaurant while you’re eating? And I know because as much as older people don’t want to admit it, young people in all generations did stupid things and thought they were going to live forever....it’s called youth.

Reactions: MacNit07 and Ski

Come on down. 3k cases total in horry county so far. That is it. Don’t believe what the media is saying. Restaurants wear masks and seat every other table.

Reactions: MtNittany
It’s not just young people saying “have a good one”....try to keep up. And please explain how they’re going to wear a mask in a bar....can you drink through the masks nowadays? Didn’t know that.

Wut? Oy. Dude ... you wear the mask when you're going to be within 6 ft of someone. If you're in a bar, drinking, you don't wear the mask, but you maintain your social distancing. It's not hard to figure out. No one claimed you have to wear a mask while drinking. Good lord. Did you see the photo in this thread? Of people standing around casually socializing close to each other? Is your contention that there are only two alternatives at a bar ... just unfettered unmasked socializing with no rules/guidelines, or drinking through a mask? Hey, buddy, have a good one.

About masks....

So Masks?
I am OSHA 10 certified. I know some of you are too. I don’t really know WHY OSHA hasn’t come forward and stopped the nonsense BUT I want to cover 3 things
• N95 masks and masks with exhale ports
• surgical masks
• filter or cloth masks

Okay, so upon further inspection, OSHA says some masks are okay and not okay in certain situations.
If you’re working with fumes and aerosol chemicals and you give your employees the wrong masks and they get sick, you can be sued.

• N95 masks: are designed for CONTAMINATED environments. That means when you exhale through N95 the design is that you are exhaling into contamination. The exhale from N95 masks are vented to breath straight out without filtration. They don’t filter the air on the way out. They don’t need to.
Conclusion: if you’re in Target and the guy with Covid has a N95 mask, his covid breath is unfiltered being exhaled into Target (because it was designed for already contaminated environments, it’s not filtering your air on the way out).

• Surgical Mask: these masks were designed and approved for STERILE environments. The amount of particles and contaminants in the outside and indoor environments where people are CLOGGING these masks very, VERY quickly. The moisture from your breath combined with the clogged mask will render it “useless” IF you come in contact with Covid and your mask traps it, YOU become a walking virus dispenser. Everytime you put your mask on you are breathing the germs from EVERYWHERE you went. They should be changed or thrown out every “20-30 minutes in a non sterile environment.”

• Cloth masks: I can’t even believe I’m having to explain this, but here it goes. Today, three people pointed to their masks as they walked by me entering Lowe’s. They said “ya gotta wear your mask BRO” I said very clearly “those masks don’t work bro, in fact they MAKE you sicker” they “pshh’d” me. By now hopefully you all know CLOTH masks do not filter anything. You mean the American flag one my aunt made? Yes. The one with sunflowers that looks so cute? Yes. The bandanna, the cut up t-shirt, the scarf ALL of them offer NO FILTERING whatsoever. As you exhale, you are ridding your lungs of contaminants and carbon dioxide. Cloth masks trap this carbon dioxide the best. It actually risks your health, rather than protect it. The moisture caught in these masks can become mildew ridden over night. Dry coughing, enhanced allergies, sore throat are all symptoms of a micro-mold in your mask.

-Ultimate Answer:

*N95 blows the virus into the air from a contaminated person.

*The surgical mask is not designed for the outside world and will not filter the virus upon inhaling through it. It’s filtration works on the exhale, (Like a vacuum bag, it only works one way) but likely stops after 20 minutes, rendering it useless outside of a STERILE ENVIRONMENT (correct Becky, they don’t work in a bar, not even a little bit).

*Cloth masks are WORSE than none. It’s equivalent to using a chain link fence to stop mosquitos.

The CDC wants us to keep wearing masks. The masks don’t work. They’re being used to provide false comfort and push forward a specific agenda. For the love of God, research each mask’s designed use and purpose, I bet you will find NONE are used in the way of “viral defense.”

Just like EVERY Flu season kids, wash your hands. Sanitize your hands. Don’t touch stuff. Sanitize your phone. Don’t touch people. And keep your distance. Why? Because your breath stinks, your deodorant is failing, your shoes are old and stink, that shirts not clean, & I like my space. Trust me I can hear you from here. Lots of reasons to keep your distance and work on body hygiene. But trust me, the masks do not work.

*Occupational Safety & Hazard Association sited.
The top American organization for safety.
They regulate and educate asbestos workers, surgical rooms, you name it.

I know, facts suck. They throw a wrench into the perfectly (seeming) packaged pill you are willingly swallowing. Facts make you have to form your OWN OPINION, instead of regurgitating someone else’s, and I know how uncomfortable that makes a lot of you. If your mask gives you security, by all means wear it. Just know it is a false sense of security and you shouldn’t shame anyone into partaking in such “conspiracies.”

Come on down. 3k cases total in horry county so far. That is it. Don’t believe what the media is saying. Restaurants wear masks and seat every other table.

3,547 cases since March, actually ... with 562 cases so far this week, and 228 on Wednesday alone. Meaning cases appear to be increasing. Rapidly.

Wut? Oy. Dude ... you wear the mask when you're going to be within 6 ft of someone. If you're in a bar, drinking, you don't wear the mask, but you maintain your social distancing. It's not hard to figure out. No one claimed you have to wear a mask while drinking. Good lord. Did you see the photo in this thread? Of people standing around casually socializing close to each other? Is your contention that there are only two alternatives at a bar ... just unfettered unmasked socializing with no rules/guidelines, or drinking through a mask? Hey, buddy, have a good one.
Oh the horror, young people being young people....lock them up and throw away the key.

Oh the horror, young people being young people....lock them up and throw away the key.

So you realize that your commentary regarding "what do you want them to do, drink through a mask?" was stupid, so you've abandoned it (thankfully), and now you're left with "young people make mistakes." OK, yeah ... they do. And responses are made to those mistakes. Here, no indoor dining on soup for you!

Not sure why you even brought this up, really ... we're talking about certain health and safety measures that are being taken ... and because of mistakes in judgment, certain things had to be delayed. End of story.

In fact, that's kinda the point ... when folks are saying "freedumb! libertay! no draconian measures! we just need to use common sense and act right!" Well, you just admitted that people don't use common sense and they screw up. And, thus, you have guidelines, and phased-in re-openings. Because these errors in judgment can have a multiplicative adverse effect.

Regardless, kids can also be quite responsible and make good choices, but that's not even the point (although you wanted to take us on that tangent).

So you realize that your commentary regarding "what do you want them to do, drink through a mask?" was stupid, so you've abandoned it (thankfully), and now you're left with "young people make mistakes." OK, yeah ... they do. And responses are made to those mistakes. Here, no indoor dining on soup for you!

Not sure why you even brought this up, really ... we're talking about certain health and safety measures that are being taken ... and because of mistakes in judgment, certain things had to be delayed. End of story.

In fact, that's kinda the point ... when folks are saying "freedumb! libertay! no draconian measures! we just need to use common sense and act right!" Well, you just admitted that people don't use common sense and they screw up. And, thus, you have guidelines, and phased-in re-openings. Because these errors in judgment can have a multiplicative adverse effect.

Regardless, kids can also be quite responsible and make good choices, but that's not even the point (although you wanted to take us on that tangent).
What you just posted was a bunch of rambling nonsense. You’re the moron who thinks people at a bar should be 6 feet apart....what, are they going to have four people in the bar total? And people aren’t wearing masks in restaurants...no one thinks they should because that would be stupid....but you think they should be wearing them in a bar...brilliant. Stand six feet away from each other, wear a mask, and enjoy yourself at a bar....holy shit.

Reactions: Ski and MtNittany
What you just posted was a bunch of rambling nonsense. You’re the moron who thinks people at a bar should be 6 feet apart....what, are they going to have four people in the bar total?

If they only have enough room to fit 4 people total in a bar, if they're 6' apart, then ... yes ... they're going to have 4 people total in that bar. Of course, groups of people can be together ... but much like in a restaurant, folks that don't come in together should be 6' apart, or they should have masks on. That's what this whole social distancing/phased re-opening thing is all about, sparky. "You're supposed to be 6 feet apart." "Oh, what, man ... you mean we're supposed to be 6 feet apart?" "Yeah, you know, that's what I just said." "Like, what man? You expect us to be 6 feet apart?" "Yeah. Again. That's what you were told." "Oh, well, uh, young people make mistakes or something ... I don't know ... whatever, you're just a stupidhead." Good times.

And people aren’t wearing masks in restaurants...no one thinks they should because that would be stupid....but you think they should be wearing them in a bar...brilliant. Stand six feet away from each other, wear a mask, and enjoy yourself at a bar....holy shit.

Uh, yeah ... people (customers) are 6' apart in a restaurant, so they're not wearing masks. But when they can't be, they wear masks. You catching on as to how this works yet? Do you need pictures?

If they only have enough room to fit 4 people total in a bar, if they're 6' apart, then ... yes ... they're going to have 4 people total in that bar. Of course, groups of people can be together ... but much like in a restaurant, folks that don't come in together should be 6' apart, or they should have masks on. That's what this whole social distancing/phased re-opening thing is all about, sparky. "You're supposed to be 6 feet apart." "Oh, what, man ... you mean we're supposed to be 6 feet apart?" "Yeah, you know, that's what I just said." "Like, what man? You expect us to be 6 feet apart?" "Yeah. Again. That's what you were told." "Oh, well, uh, young people make mistakes or something ... I don't know ... whatever, you're just a stupidhead." Good times.

Uh, yeah ... people (customers) are 6' apart in a restaurant, so they're not wearing masks. But when they can't be, they wear masks. You catching on as to how this works yet? Do you need pictures?
You wear a mask in a restaurant? How do you eat? Oh that’s right, the same way you drink with a mask on in a bar. You have a tricky mask. I’ve yet to see anyone wear a mask in a restaurant. Maybe you should just stay in your mom’s basement....you’ll be safe there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ski

Exactly right. The "get off my lawn" crowd is out in force on this one.

Young adults will be young adults. That is reality. For better or worse, if older folk are in fear of this virus themselves (and admittedly a good percentage of older folk are NOT in fear of CoronaVirus), the older folk need to change their behavior accordingly. Because young adults will be young adults.

About masks....

So Masks?
I am OSHA 10 certified. I know some of you are too. I don’t really know WHY OSHA hasn’t come forward and stopped the nonsense BUT I want to cover 3 things
• surgical masks
• filter or cloth masks

Okay, so upon further inspection, OSHA says some masks are okay and not okay in certain situations.
If you’re working with fumes and aerosol chemicals and you give your employees the wrong masks and they get sick, you can be sued.

• N95 masks: are designed for CONTAMINATED environments. That means when you exhale through N95 the design is that you are exhaling into contamination. The exhale from N95 masks are vented to breath straight out without filtration. They don’t filter the air on the way out. They don’t need to.
Conclusion: if you’re in Target and the guy with Covid has a N95 mask, his covid breath is unfiltered being exhaled into Target (because it was designed for already contaminated environments, it’s not filtering your air on the way out).

• Surgical Mask: these masks were designed and approved for STERILE environments. The amount of particles and contaminants in the outside and indoor environments where people are CLOGGING these masks very, VERY quickly. The moisture from your breath combined with the clogged mask will render it “useless” IF you come in contact with Covid and your mask traps it, YOU become a walking virus dispenser. Everytime you put your mask on you are breathing the germs from EVERYWHERE you went. They should be changed or thrown out every “20-30 minutes in a non sterile environment.”

• Cloth masks: I can’t even believe I’m having to explain this, but here it goes. Today, three people pointed to their masks as they walked by me entering Lowe’s. They said “ya gotta wear your mask BRO” I said very clearly “those masks don’t work bro, in fact they MAKE you sicker” they “pshh’d” me. By now hopefully you all know CLOTH masks do not filter anything. You mean the American flag one my aunt made? Yes. The one with sunflowers that looks so cute? Yes. The bandanna, the cut up t-shirt, the scarf ALL of them offer NO FILTERING whatsoever. As you exhale, you are ridding your lungs of contaminants and carbon dioxide. Cloth masks trap this carbon dioxide the best. It actually risks your health, rather than protect it. The moisture caught in these masks can become mildew ridden over night. Dry coughing, enhanced allergies, sore throat are all symptoms of a micro-mold in your mask.

-Ultimate Answer:

*The surgical mask is not designed for the outside world and will not filter the virus upon inhaling through it. It’s filtration works on the exhale, (Like a vacuum bag, it only works one way) but likely stops after 20 minutes, rendering it useless outside of a STERILE ENVIRONMENT (correct Becky, they don’t work in a bar, not even a little bit).

*Cloth masks are WORSE than none. It’s equivalent to using a chain link fence to stop mosquitos.

The CDC wants us to keep wearing masks. The masks don’t work. They’re being used to provide false comfort and push forward a specific agenda. For the love of God, research each mask’s designed use and purpose, I bet you will find NONE are used in the way of “viral defense.”

Just like EVERY Flu season kids, wash your hands. Sanitize your hands. Don’t touch stuff. Sanitize your phone. Don’t touch people. And keep your distance. Why? Because your breath stinks, your deodorant is failing, your shoes are old and stink, that shirts not clean, & I like my space. Trust me I can hear you from here. Lots of reasons to keep your distance and work on body hygiene. But trust me, the masks do not work.

I know, facts suck. They throw a wrench into the perfectly (seeming) packaged pill you are willingly swallowing. Facts make you have to form your OWN OPINION, instead of regurgitating someone else’s, and I know how uncomfortable that makes a lot of you. If your mask gives you security, by all means wear it. Just know it is a false sense of security and you shouldn’t shame anyone into partaking in such “conspiracies.”
Not all N 95’s have exhale ports. Just try to blow out a candle with just about any kind of a mask over your face that doesn’t have an exhale port.
Masks reduce the liberation of droplets into the air. There was a pretty good video demonstrating this with laser light on the NEJM site.

Reactions: ralphster
Not all N 95’s have exhale ports. Just try to blow out a candle with just about any kind of a mask over your face that doesn’t have an exhale port.
Masks reduce the liberation of droplets into the air. There was a pretty good video demonstrating this with laser light on the NEJM site.
Yes - I agree. The ones I dutifully don to go grocery shopping don't. That said, w/out the port, the mask falls into the other 2 categories at some point (a germ carrier).

You wear a mask in a restaurant? How do you eat? Oh that’s right, the same way you drink with a mask on in a bar. You have a tricky mask. I’ve yet to see anyone wear a mask in a restaurant. Maybe you should just stay in your mom’s basement....you’ll be safe there.

This was already covered. At this point, I have to assume you're just acting stupid to get a rise out of someone so that you'll have someone to talk to.

In states that are mandating social distancing, and the wearing of masks in "public" situations in which 6' of distance cannot be maintained, you wear masks in situations in which 6' of distance cannot be maintained. Shocker! So, what do restaurants do, in that situation? Shockingly, they seat people 6' apart. Yes, that is happening. Obviously, if you walk in with a group of 4, they seat you together ... but you're 6' apart from the other patrons who are not in your party. The people who bus your table, and wait on you ... who get within 6' of you? They wear masks. So, when you're sitting at your table, 6' away from the next seated table, and you're eating ... you're not wearing masks! Shocker! Because, again, the guidelines don't require it!

Why are you having so much trouble understanding this? Is it because you just want to be outraged, but you know that if you actually bother to understand the situation, you can't be, so you're willing to play stupid just to maintain the outrage? Or do you really not get how the interplay of 6' of social distancing and mask-wearing work? Like, if you get within 5 feet of someone, your brain will scramble and you'll panic, not knowing what to do? And then if you walk 2 feet away from them, you'll just spontaneously combust from the pressure of trying to figure out what happens next?

Help me help you.

Last edited:
About masks....

So Masks?
• surgical masks
• filter or cloth masks

-Ultimate Answer:

Wow...it all sounds true...very detailed info. Can anyone out there challenge this?

About masks....

So Masks?
• surgical masks
• filter or cloth masks

-Ultimate Answer:

I have heard people say that the reason South Korea has escaped the epidemic virtually unscathed was because of habitual, comprehensive mask-wearing. How does what you have outlined above align with this? Or is South Korean success attributable to other reasons?

Reactions: Lion Lineage
About masks....

So Masks?
• surgical masks
• filter or cloth masks

-Ultimate Answer:

BS...make every one of these people wear an N95 mask to protect themselves. If you don’t want to do it then you’re on your own.

BS...make every one of these people wear an N95 mask to protect themselves. If you don’t want to do it then you’re on your own.
I'd like to think I'm on my own w/ or w/out a mask. Who exactly are you looking to for protection from a cold virus beyond your mask? Your governor?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT