ADVERTISEMENT

FC: “N.J. restaurants NOT reopening for indoor dining this week after ‘knucklehead’ crowds...

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
...ruin it for everyone”

GXD76CXYTJD6XELUTTYEMIAQ3M.jpg

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020...head-crowds-at-bars-ruin-it-for-everyone.html

Just a slight thing that annoys me, is the use of the word knuckleheads. I have actually seen in on signs on the highway here in NJ, don't be a knucklehead blah blah blah.

I get that they are trying to be causal so they sound more like an uncle giving advice rather than a preachy sermon. But how about "Selfish a$$holes ruin it for everyone"

Dumb. Kids.

We vacation there every year with the family but decided not to go this year. My FIL is stubborn and is insisting on going. We mostly stay with the kids by the pool or go to the beach (NMB), eat out every night, and go golfing. Not sure how things are there for golf and dining so not sure what he’s going to do this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, because everyone on here when they were in their teen years into their 20’s would have stayed home out of concern for their fellow man. Give me a break.
You have a point, but there does seem to be a greater sense of entitlement these days. And that, although less frequently, applies to more than just the younger generation.

By the end of this pandemic, there are going to be a lot fewer people who have lives completely disconnected from reality.

When will medical professionals and politicians catch up? We crowd together, cough and spit on each other, get COVID-19, build up antibodies, get over it, and move on. The sooner we all do that, the better for all of us.

Oh, if anyone dies in the process, that’s O.K. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. There are acceptable losses. Darwin.

Let’s do this now so we can eat out and have football.

:eek:

I looked at a boat yesterday and the marina owner and his staff wore no masks. This particular boat has a cabin and he was going to follow me down. I turned around and told him unless you think I’m going to steal something, maybe you can chill on the dock. I’m receiving “you’re a pussy” vibes from non mask wearers. On the way back to the showroom he complained Murphy isn’t opening inside dining. WTF is wrong with people?

We are heading to Hilton Head in a couple weeks.
My son is a beach lifeguard there right now. I actually lived there until a few years ago. Unfortunately, he transferred from PSU to Clemson. He told me beaches are packed with no distancing. Clubs and restaurants packed with no masks or restrictions. Full of people from Northeast and Midwest. He said old and young do not wear masks or stay apart. People who live there are shuttered up for fear of going anywhere. Many were trying to get them to close the bridge to protect the residents, but money seems to be more important. No one listens to reason because they're on vacation. He told me kids could care less about coronavirus. It really doesn't matter to them.

Reactions: NJPSU and Sproul
When will medical professionals and politicians catch up? We crowd together, cough and spit on each other, get COVID-19, build up antibodies, get over it, and move on. The sooner we all do that, the better for all of us.

Oh, if anyone dies in the process, that’s O.K. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. There are acceptable losses. Darwin.

Let’s do this now so we can eat out and have football.

:eek:
It's a really tough thing. I'm fine losing football if that's what needs to happen.

But what's the end game? We stay shut down until a vaccine? One that might never come or at best be 70% effective? Add to that the fact that only 50-70% of people are likely to even get the vaccine, which according to Fauci isn't enough for herd immunity.

We'd be fine living our lives right now if everyone could just accept restaurant limitations and store limitations, working from home as much as possible and wearing a mask whenever you can't social distance. But Americans can't deal with that, so here we are. And it doesn't break down along political party lines, it's everyone.

I looked at a boat yesterday and the marina owner and his staff wore no masks. This particular boat has a cabin and he was going to follow me down. I turned around and told him unless you think I’m going to steal something, maybe you can chill on the dock. I’m receiving “you’re a pussy” vibes from non mask wearers. On the way back to the showroom he complained Murphy isn’t opening inside dining. WTF is wrong with people?
what kind of boat?

It's a really tough thing. I'm fine losing football if that's what needs to happen.

But what's the end game? We stay shut down until a vaccine? One that might never come or at best be 70% effective? Add to that the fact that only 50-70% of people are likely to even get the vaccine, which according to Fauci isn't enough for herd immunity.

We'd be fine living our lives right now if everyone could just accept restaurant limitations and store limitations, working from home as much as possible and wearing a mask whenever you can't social distance. But Americans can't deal with that, so here we are. And it doesn't break down along political party lines, it's everyone.

very, very well put. what is the saying, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
For Moms (Lake Hopat Marine has one just like this):
https://www.boattrader.com/boat/1997-sea-ray-270-sundancer-7158307/
After we get moms out of the way with her drinking boat, Son2 and I visited this surf boat one lake north
https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2011-tige-24ve-7468562/
These old Tiges, when set up correctly, throw a sweet surf wave, big pocket, lots of push.
First someone has to buy my TT:D
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/vehicles-sale-202/2017-certified-tt-ibis-white-sale-3000110/

Last edited:
For Moms (Lake Hopat Marine has one just like this):
https://www.boattrader.com/boat/1997-sea-ray-270-sundancer-7158307/
After we get moms out of the way with her drinking boat, Son2 and I visited this surf boat one lake north
https://www.boattrader.com/boat/2011-tige-24ve-7468562/
These old Tiges, when set up correctly, throw a sweet surf wave, big pocket, lots of push.
First someone has to buy my TT:D
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/vehicles-sale-202/2017-certified-tt-ibis-white-sale-3000110/
there is a wide price difference in the 2 boats!!!! and you know the girls in the pics of the surf boat probably don't come with it!!!
having cover on a boat is nice, but I'd worry about those 23 year old Bravos hanging off that Sea Ray. spend the money the second boat lists for on another Sea Ray and you'll have something all can enjoy. Just meet a friend with a surf boat, and have them give you a ride, while his passengers enjoy a drink in the shade with your wife!!!

I’ve got 3 bros on the lake with surf boats (wake setters and a Nautique)
“Espo, meet me at 6 am in Byrum cove”
“Let me go ask my wife”
you know the rest.
I’ll NEVER spend over 15-20k on a boat that doesn’t do schitt:D
Son2 behind the Nautique
3NAwQF4.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT