ADVERTISEMENT

Explain your handle thread LSHF

I wanted something that would honor Penn State’s linebacker tradition while also sounding remotely similar to the great American actor, Tom Bosley.
url

Last edited:
A brief Latin primer:
Leo = Lion
Ridere (to laugh) - ere + ens = Laughing

Leo Ridens = Laughing Lion

Jim Cummings
Take away the J in Jim.
Take away the s in Cummings.

What does that leave you with?

I (used to) have red hair and, as LionJim will be quick to point out, I identify with the antagonist (protagonist?) in Still Life with Woodpecker who believes that all redheads are dangerous and/or funny.

Wx shorthand for weather. 02' PSU Meteorology grad. No longer my profession; however; once a wxman, always a wxman.
My first date with my girl included throwing a stool off the weather building roof after work.
After drinking in the nittany lion inn downstairs bar Joe theismann leg break game night.

Last edited:
Reactions: Leo Ridens
Metal because my major at PSU was metallurgy. Mike is my first name.

Metallurgy is no longer a major at PSU. Metallurgy, ceramic engineering and polymer science morphed into Material Science and Engineering.

In Major League Baseball, a player to be named later (PTBNL) is an unnamed player involved in a trade between teams. The terms of a trade are not finalized until a later date (often the end of the season), and the player is frequently of the journeyman variety. In the movie Bull Durham (one of my all-time favs), Kevin Costner's wiley veteran character Crash Davis introduces himself to his new manager as "I'm the player to be named later."

So, since I spent much of my young adulthood as a journeyman and I love the movie, it just seemed like a nice monicker.

"fairgambit" is my real name, Tibma Griaf, spelled backwards. The name is Czechoslovakian for the smartest man on earth. I have since found out I am only the 3rd smartest, but I never changed it.;)

Gambit is a mutant with supernatural powers in the X-Men series. I thought maybe you were a mutant of average quality

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT