ADVERTISEMENT

Everyone here rooting for NW tonight?

I'll root for NW if Texas wins today. Otherwise I want to keep the Peach Bowl dream alive

No because that only means we’ll likely get an even crappier bowl

I acknowledge as much, but thought of in terms of long term consequences playing out in the short term, an OSU defeat might hasten the end of Meyer's tenure and take away what recruiting momentum they got from dismantling MI. I think this matter more long term than what bowl game PSU plays in. Not to mention the fact that NW and Pat Fitzgerald belong to the world of the good guys in college football.

I acknowledge as much, but thought of in terms of long term consequences playing out in the short term, an OSU defeat might hasten the end of Meyer's tenure and take away what recruiting momentum they got from dismantling MI. I think this matter more long term than what bowl game PSU plays in. Not to mention the fact that NW and Pat Fitzgerald belong to the world of the good guys in college football.
Good point but regardless Alabama would blow the doors off of OSU causing Meyer’s health problems to resurface all over again

Reactions: 19333lion
Go Purplecats! They’re my hometown team here, a bunch of friends and colleagues went there, and my wife-figure is adamant that she wants our pre-K son to go there.

"Aloud"?? Hope you weren't an English major.

So no bowl games invites for you then, correct?
What’s your deal? Don’t you have anything better to do than attack people on an internet message board for differing opinions and incorrect grammar? It was a pretty light hearted discussion think you need to relax bud.

Nice if the underdog wins, but for everything to align as it should, need an OSU win.

Everyone is complaining about the idea of Northwestern winning and the whole idea of expanding the playoffs to conf champs and 3 at large bids. The scarier scenario here would be if a 5 loss Pitt team wins. And the weird part about them is they’ve been really weird giant killers the last couple seasons. I don’t really think Pitt has a chance at winning, but what if?

Reactions: Nitwit
The Big 10 gets a bad enough rap....don’t want a mediocre team to win it. I’d rather see OSU win.

It would be even better to watch if UGA beats Bama because the B1G will be shut out of the playoff and we will have a shot at NY6

It would be even better to watch if UGA beats Bama because the B1G will be shut out of the playoff and we will have a shot at NY6

If Georgia wins then I'm rooting for Ohio State because we'll have a very good shot at making the Peach at that point.
If Alabama wins it's best for us if Ohio State wins by about 70 but I'm not even sure it matters. I can't see Ohio State jumping OU now but who knows what the committee will do

If Georgia wins then I'm rooting for Ohio State because we'll have a very good shot at making the Peach at that point.
If Alabama wins it's best for us if Ohio State wins by about 70 but I'm not even sure it matters. I can't see Ohio State jumping OU now but who knows what the committee will do
If Georgia wins are we in line for the peach?

I sure am, bowl consequences or not. There is nothing I'd like to see more than an improbable win for the Wildcats!

With Oklahoma's win in the books, I'm now rooting for Ohio State, so they can win the conference and be left out of the playoff.

Go NW. Maybe Urbie will have to retire before their bowl game due to “health reasons.” That being said I think OSU will win.

Reactions: PearlSUJam
What’s your deal? Don’t you have anything better to do than attack people on an internet message board for differing opinions and incorrect grammar? It was a pretty light hearted discussion think you need to relax bud.
Don't let dumbass8286 rattle you... He grew up as the last kid picked for kick ball and has never really made it as an adult.

tenor.gif

LOL. These periodic negative comments about using “we” means you are not a Penn St grad or, if so, then not a very loyal one.

If you grew up in PA, went to college there, your Dad went to Penn State, and you lived and died with Penn State football all your life, is it OK to say "we"?

If that's alright with you, I will continue to use the pronoun "we." And even if it's not...

Reactions: FHSPSU67
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT