ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN cuts to 100 on-air personalities happening today

It's such a nice feeling to not know who 90% of these people are, and to know that no matter what ESPN does with their non-live-sports programming, I won't be watching, listening, reading, or caring.

It's early but this feels like a scotch and cigar kind of day...

It's such a nice feeling to not know who 90% of these people are, and to know that no matter what ESPN does with their non-live-sports programming, I won't be watching, listening, reading, or caring.

It's early but this feels like a scotch and cigar kind of day...

Also take comfort in knowing that nothing that espn does is likely to improve their situation.

Trent Dilfer, Super Bowl winning Quarterback
Danny Kanell, FSU Quarterback
Dana O'Neil, really good writer,
JAYSON STARK, one of the best baseball writers in USA
Len Elmore, terrific basketball guy
Trent Dilfer is the guy who reportedly was ripping Franklin after the 2015 season. Another talking head who thinks he and only he knows football and QB play. If he is half as smart as he thinks he is he probably has a few offers in the NFL to coach QB's.

That's the problem though. They're getting rid of many of the people who are actual reporters with substance and are keeping all the blowhards you do know.

That's fair, but I truly only know who the "blowhards" because other people/mediums talk about them. Which I guess is ESPN's point here. I have never for one second seen Dan LeBotard or Jemele Hill or SAS on ESPN and never will. It's been at least 10 years since I've watched anything other than live sports from them.

ESPN has exhibited so much hubris related to what they "want" their platform to look like and who they "dream" their critical viewers are. Like so many "news" networks, they have their obvious biases and they don't give a damn what you think about them. They want to promote the personalities they want(Bomani Jones, Jamelle Hill, LeBaturd) and they rid themselves of thoughtful low profile types like Len Ellmore and Dottie Pepper that report sports news and their respective sports in an earnest and no hype manner. That's not what ESPN wants anymore... and they don't want the same audience anymore. Lets be honest because it cant be ignored, like many organizations in this country, there has been a shift to liberalism and away from the 28-55 year old white male. I am not offering an opinion as to whether this is right or wrong from a political sense, but I am not sure that this is a sound business decision by ESPN as it relates to appeasing their shareholders long term(and make no mistake, for the first time ever, ESPN has to answer to shareholders. They are not in unfettered growth mode anymore). Many organizations are ready to "progress" just a little faster than their client base is.

Troubled sports network ESPN published a series of feminist poems on Tuesday, one of which praised convicted cop killer Joanne Deborah Chesimard, AKA Assata Shakur. The post was part of the "ESPNW" brand, which is meant to appeal to Women.

The poem, written by DaMaris B. Hill, is entitled "Revolution" and is dedicated to Shakur, who was convicted of murdering a police officer Werner Foerster during a shootout on the New Jersey Turnpike in 1973. Shakur escaped from prison in 1979 and fled to Cuba in 1984 where she still remains.

The FBI considers the fugitive Shakur a domestic terrorist.

Reactions: MtNittany
ESPN seems to be bleeding money because of cord-cutting, so my salary was unattractive to them," Adam Rubin, who used to cover the New York Mets for ESPN, explained to The 30. "And the new MLB editor at ESPN wants to get away from 'thorough' beat coverage — that's the precise word she used — and I suppose I was the sacrificial lamb to hammer home that point."

This is an interesting comment

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
2017-04-27-707f7afc_large.jpeg

Wow, just saw Doug Glanville. A decent man with an appreciation and knowledge of the game instead of a loud mouthed buffoon. Ditto with Raul Ibanez.

I just wish Curt Schilling was around so he could have got fired again.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT