ADVERTISEMENT

Edit: BIG TEN REVOTE AS EARLY AS THIS FRIDAY!

You hearing it on the Test Board??

Bucknuts insider. And Ohio State just practiced today. Cooincidence, no. Ohio State Prez said there's a real chance. New testing procedures in place plus aid from the federal gov't.

According to Dan Patrick's sources only schools who vote yes to play, will play this season. They need 9 votes for the season to proceed.

We gotta like our chances, no?

So, reports are vote could be held as early as Friday. Also reports Maryland, Illinois, Rutgers, and Northwestern will not play either way (FWIW). If they stick to their 60% vote threshold, they need nine votes to play. They supposedly have six (OSU, PSU, Iowa, Nebraska, Purdue, and Wisconsin). I assume Maryland, Illinois, Rutgers, and NW all vote no - so, need to flip three of Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Indiana. If it passes with nine votes, does the other 'nay' vote decide to stay home too? Would be an eight game season then I guess? Oct. 10 start is essential to CFP participation.

Their vote is about to be exposed in the Nebraska players' suit. They have no choice with the players gaining discovery.

Pretty sure the results of the vote are known - 11-3. Court is also not compelling them to say how the vote went. Just that more documentation is requested. Can schools appeal?

The Big Ten must produce all documents reflecting whether an official vote was taken on the decision, including the official tally but not including how individual members voted. It must also reveal in full its governing documents and bylaws — it submitted 13 pages of bylaws to the court last week but redacted more than 11 full pages.

(...)

Not all of the player requests were granted in the order. Meeting minutes, including audio and video recordings and transcripts, are not included in the order to produce. Players also asked for all medical assessments, studies and data between July 1 and Aug. 12 — the day after the postponement announcement came down — that went into the decision to postpone. Judge Susan Strong, in her order, said that request was “potentially burdensome.”

Breaking news, CDC letter stating first vaccine doses should be available by 11/1. 2 million doses at that time and up to 20 million by the end of November.

Last edited:
Eg8v2ZgXcAAs9c9

Eg8wN5bXgAMRlLK

These new re-votes are going to be public I'm sure, due to the Nebraska suit, and No votes mean that those teams won't play this season, even if the Big Ten does. That's a lot of pressure on these Presidents.

Iowa voting yes says it all. The highest rate per 100.000 in the country, but let's play football. Iowa State playing and allowing 25,000 fans to attend. Iowa Governor says no masks in Iowa. Brilliant.

You are against playing Big Ten football this year? Dumb.

Reactions: NoBareFeet
Iowa voting yes says it all. The highest rate per 100.000 in the country, but let's play football. Iowa State playing and allowing 25,000 fans to attend. Iowa Governor says no masks in Iowa. Brilliant.

Idiots Out Walking Around. Seems spot on. Just because.

highest rate per 100,000 in the country?
not seeing the highest death rate per population, or highest number of cases per population
what stat are you claiming here?

I think ISU announced earlier today they changed their mind and now will not allow fans to attend.

Reactions: BBrown
Well, you all can watch football and stuff, but me and family are staying in my bunker until this virus is gone. //

So, reports are vote could be held as early as Friday. Also reports Maryland, Illinois, Rutgers, and Northwestern will not play either way (FWIW). If they stick to their 60% vote threshold, they need nine votes to play. They supposedly have six (OSU, PSU, Iowa, Nebraska, Purdue, and Wisconsin). I assume Maryland, Illinois, Rutgers, and NW all vote no - so, need to flip three of Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Indiana. If it passes with nine votes, does the other 'nay' vote decide to stay home too? Would be an eight game season then I guess? Oct. 10 start is essential to CFP participation.

It will be tight, but even if you don't get 9 votes to agree to actually play a "Conference" schedule, they could officially "cancel the season, and give the teams that DO want to play the approval to make up their own Independent "out of Conference" schedules.

According to the bylaws, ["Non-Conference games shall not be contracted prior to the approval of the Conference schedule"] Once the "Conference Schedule" is "approved"the bylaws allow teams to schedule any non-conference games and teams they want. If Big Ten officially CANCELS the season, there will be no "Conference schedule" to be approved. Hence, the teams that want to play have an option.

Either way, I think the teams that actually DO want to play football will be playing football this year. Either as an official Big Ten Conference member playing an official Big Ten Conference schedule, or an official Big Ten Conference member playing a season of non conference football games, but still eligible for the CFP.

If the non-playing teams don't officially cancel the season, and give the teams that want to play their release, there could be some serious fractures in the B1G Conference for years to come.

Reactions: N&B4PSU

Iowa isn't close to be the highest rate of infection per 100,000 in the country. In fact, New Jersey has the highest rate of infections per 100,000 in the Big 10.

Reactions: psu2016 and N&B4PSU
Does anyone know the specific requirement(s)/procedure, or is it just a basic assumption, about how the 60% is applied. Say there are 7 or 8 schools that would like to play, and maybe newcomers RU and/or MD have no intention to have their own school participate, but maybe they don’t want to rock the boat if at least 50% wants to. Could they vote affirmative allowing the games to take place with 7/8 teams?

I would still like to see what the original motion to vote on postponement was. Was it who wants to postpone the start from Sept 05, or was it who wants to postpone the start to 2021 at the earliest? Were there other teams who preferred to attempt a start later into September/October? The ACC, SEC, and Big 12 all postponed their starts.

I've been whiny and havent given KW much credit so I'll be responsible and concede and walk back a lot of that- responsiplee, knowing the 11-3 vote was taken.

It doesnt have to be done in time to make the playoff but it needs to at least be where you can wrap it up timely and still have an off season before 2021.

Iowa isn't close to be the highest rate of infection per 100,000 in the country. In fact, New Jersey has the highest rate of infections per 100,000 in the Big 10.
Currently, not even close. Numbers from April are meaningless right now.

Actually, numbers from April are more meaningful than ever.

If, in April, we were testing at the rate we are now, looking for asymptomatic cases are intently as we are now, the numbers would have been off the chart and this 'surge' would have been a meager blip

Bucknuts insider. And Ohio State just practiced today. Cooincidence, no. Ohio State Prez said there's a real chance. New testing procedures in place plus aid from the federal gov't.

According to Dan Patrick's sources only schools who vote yes to play, will play this season. They need 9 votes for the season to proceed.
So Warren got the federal government to pay them to play? Take that SEC!

It's interesting that we are hearing MD will opt out. If they have had an outbreak or anything they've kept it pretty quiet. MD, as a State, has a positivity rate below 4. The really ironic part is Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT