ADVERTISEMENT

Match Thread Edinboro dual - Sun. Feb. 25 at 2 pm

Sucks to see, but it’s also the risk you take by playing games. Best case scenario is it’s just a sprain or a meniscus issue.

Reactions: Lyons212
Friggin' garbage time against a kid who didn't belong on the same mat as him.

Match count doesn’t matter. You have to compete in the qualifying event which is the conference tourney to be eligible for an at large bid. He has enough matches to be considered for the at large.
What constitutes "compete"? Can he take the match for a few seconds then MF out and still get the at large?

That’s a ligament almost assuredly. Won’t be able to go in time imo. Crushing injury
People have won NCAA's wrestling with a torn ACL, I believe Yianni did it after tearing his ACL at NCAA's. Then there is Spencer with a torn ACL in each knee.

The knee is much easier to brace/support than an ankle. I bet Carter goes and wins NCAA's, but medically forfeits at B1Gs. We saw Nolf do it on one leg, Carter can do the same.

It definitely sucks with the injury occuring after the Tech was secured. Any time these guys roll around in practice there is a chance of injury.

Few Things:
1. Prayers Prayers Prayers
2. We won't get updates, it's Cael
3. I'd be floored if Carter isn't wrestling in the postseason, just based on what I know about him
4. Dan Monthley will get him as right as possible, whatever that is

You think we hear anything in post match conference?

My guess is no, but I pray that someone comes on or Ironhead hears something and alleviates a lot of stress for the fans. That said, Carter's health is far more important than our desire to know. I'm sure we all pray that he's OK>

If outside knee ligament, that wouldn’t be q killer. I’ve messed up my LCL and it wasn’t nearly as bad as injuring my mcl
Bo wrestled 2017 (his best tournament ever) with a torn LCL. He mentioned he tore it in his final exchange at Big Tens vs Dudley.

You think we hear anything in post match conference?

Confused Abc GIF by The Bachelorette

Shit.

Multiple bad possibilities here for Carter.

1). If he's out. Any crazy chance they consider sending out Facundo to Bigs? Probably not, but???

2). If he goes he may not be 100%. Just awful considering he's in the Hodge race and seeking #4

3). If Carter can go but needs to MFF out at Bigs, the Hodge is gone but he has the determination to pull off a Nolf miracle for #4.

Let's just pray it's not the ACL. I am good with seeing Carter in a big brace in both tourneys just killing people.

Few Things:
1. Prayers Prayers Prayers
2. We won't get updates, it's Cael
3. I'd be floored if Carter isn't wrestling in the postseason, just based on what I know about him
4. Dan Monthley will get him as right as possible, whatever that is
I have a feeling you're right and he goes. So basically every time somebody gets to his leg I'm going to have a heart attack.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT