ADVERTISEMENT

Dumpster fire continues to burn at MSU [Update: MasterCard pulls $45 million sponsorship]

How about, “wont”. You generally don’t fire political types brought into help you through your shitstorm no matter what.
Good point. While Ericson wasn't a politician, he was appointed as the PSU president to do what he was told and serve those who appointed him. He totally effed up regarding the sanctions but there was no way he was going to be replaced. The same goes for Engler.

The outrage over Engler is that he is being a brutal DICK to innocent victims. Nobody is calling for our people to do that.
I have seen dozens, if not hundreds, of posts on this forum over the past seven years calling for the University to vigorously defend the victims’ lawsuits and to attack the victims’ credibility in and out of court. I do not doubt one bit that there are quite a lot of people on this board who would be cheering if Penn State’s president acted exactly as Engler did - and then they’d crow at the inevitable backlash.

Reactions: ClarkstonMark
I have seen dozens, if not hundreds, of posts on this forum over the past seven years calling for the University to vigorously defend the victims’ lawsuits and to attack the victims’ credibility in and out of court. I do not doubt one bit that there are quite a lot of people on this board who would be cheering if Penn State’s president acted exactly as Engler did - and then they’d crow at the inevitable backlash.
No posts in favor of attacking victims came from me. Towering stupidity.

all due respect, but if you cannot see the difference between the Nassar victims, and some of the unvetted allegations against Sandusky which received millions of dollars . . . then you're being intellectually dishonest

Challenging a victim’s story is different than attacking a victim. Posters on here want to make sure the people getting paid actually deserve to get paid. That’s far different than attacking someone.

MSU: real scandal, where hundreds of people were abused by a university employee (and Michigan man), raised concerns, and were ignored by the university.

PSU: fake scandal, one ear-witness hears victim #2 not being abused (his own words) by a Second Mile employee, and that concern is promptly reported to an expert at TSM, who ignored that concern.

all due respect, but if you cannot see the difference between the Nassar victims, and some of the unvetted allegations against Sandusky which received millions of dollars . . . then you're being intellectually dishonest

Does "intellectually" really apply to the person with whom you are communicating and to whom you have not taken the opportunity to apply the Ignore feature?

Reactions: TenerHallTerror
One point lost in the dumpster fire that is MSU is Engler basically telling MSU students that they can thank the victims for the tuition increase.

DasFJm-U8AAaU2Z

Reactions: odshowtime
One point lost in the dumpster fire that is MSU is Engler basically telling MSU students that they can thank the victims for the tuition increase.

DasFJm-U8AAaU2Z

Well he sure is a pig and a bully. And that is not going to work worth spit.

DasFJm-U8AAaU2Z

Okay, I must have missed his statement. But, was he blaming the victims or Nassar for the tuition increase? I think it's fair to assume tuition would increase if the possibility of a billion dollars worth of lawsuit settlements is on the horizon. I'm not sure where else a university could generate that kind of money. It's tough to get a billion dollars from donors when trying to build something awesome. Can't imagine hoping to raise that much to pay off lawsuits. Glad it's their problem and not ours.

By the way, since our insurance claim was denied, where did all of that money come from that we paid out?

Okay, I must have missed his statement. But, was he blaming the victims or Nassar for the tuition increase? I think it's fair to assume tuition would increase if the possibility of a billion dollars worth of lawsuit settlements is on the horizon. I'm not sure where else a university could generate that kind of money. It's tough to get a billion dollars from donors when trying to build something awesome. Can't imagine hoping to raise that much to pay off lawsuits. Glad it's their problem and not ours.

By the way, since our insurance claim was denied, where did all of that money come from that we paid out?

Good question.

You mean the denied insurance claim that made things so much worse for the Penn State scandal narrative?

Part of the payout funds may have been related to an influx of out of state tuition dollars spent to educate less academically qualified members of the student body in university park. But not all of it.

omg ... who caresss

ca·ress
kəˈres/
verb
  1. 1.
    touch or stroke gently or lovingly.
    "she caressed the girl's forehead"
    synonyms: stroke, touch, fondle, brush, pet; More
noun
  1. 1.
    a gentle or loving touch.
    synonyms: stroke, touch, fondle, brush, pet; More

MITCH LYONS on the girl who revealed the bribe by Engler.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT