ADVERTISEMENT

Dumpster fire continues to burn at MSU [Update: MasterCard pulls $45 million sponsorship]

ChiTownLion

May 29, 2001
Just type MSU into a Twitter search and you'll get the picture.

Also, this Kate Wells girl is doing a nice job live-tweeting the action as it unfolds.

Interesting to see MSU trying to settle with Nassar's victims for less than 1/10th of what Penn State averaged per payout.

Mark Emmert's reaction:

748.gif

"If I wrote you a check for $250k, would that be enough?"

Jesus. What a brutal, stupid moron he must be.
These f'ing people make the PSU OGBOT look like statesmen and scholars. Wow.

That's a quote someone said another person told her. You know... a person likely seeking more money than that.

LdN

Reactions: howellandcompany
So at Penn State, you have John Doe people taking whatever money they can get because PSU is handing it out like Thanksgiving parade candy.

At MSU, you have publicly named people saying WTF when MSU even offers settlement money.

Last edited:
Reactions: 91Joe95 and Bob78
Finally a clip that captures her full statement.

>>Gasps and outrage in the board room today when a Nassar survivor describes in great detail how she says MSU Interim President John Engler attempted to coerce her into settling her case against the university.<<

Hmmm so how Interim is Interim? I'm guessing by the end of the day?

Last edited:
>>Gasps and outrage in the board room today when a Nassar survivor describes in great detail how she says MSU Interim President John Engler attempted to coerce her into settling her case against the university.<<

Hmmm so how Interim is Interim? I'm guess by the end of the day?
Ladies and gentlemen, Joel Ferguson and the MSU BOT!

Wonder what Jamele Hill is doing for the victims.

@LionDeNittany AP story:
A sexual assault victim of former sports doctor Larry Nassar says Michigan State University interim president John Engler offered her a secret payoff to settle a lawsuit against the university.

Eighteen-year-old Kaylee Lorincz confronted Engler during a highly charged board meeting Friday. She says Engler and his special counsel offered her $250,000 while her attorney was not present. Lorincz is among those suing the university over its handling of the Nassar case. Nassar is now serving decades in prison for molesting women and girls.

According to Lorincz, Engler said to her, “Right now if I wrote you a check for $250,000 would you take it?”

Engler didn’t immediately respond to her comments.

Engler is also facing criticism for the school’s response to a federal lawsuit against the university by a woman who says three former basketball players raped her.

___
https://apnews.com/97d144149b3f4978...lFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP_Sports

What part of this is not clear? Engler. Offered. Her. 250k.

Ladies and gentlemen, Joel Ferguson and the MSU BOT!

Wonder what Jamele Hill is doing for the victims.

Good point. Where is Jamelle? She had no problem spouting off on Penn State.

Michigan media need to camp out on Lou Anna Simon’s front lawn until she explains how her ‘thorough reviews’ of Michigan State’s handling of the sex sbuse cases found absolutely no wrongdoing by MSU or cover up. It’s more and more ridiculous with every passing day as new information is revealed.

Last edited:

Wendy's right. What's taking so long, Jimbo?

Didn't Delany grant himself the authority to step in as interim president of the university for situations exactly like this?

Last edited:
John Engler was a bully when he was the Governor of Michigan. He's still a bully today.

Lousy choice for the MSU interim President to get them through this mess.

Reactions: step.eng69
Right, wrong or indifferent, I will post this.
Dantonio and Izzo both say they have no knowledge of allegations towards there respective players. Neither claim to have given their players special treatement.
The university claims to have had no knowledge of Nassar; later proved dramatically incorrect.
Other stories and incidents come to light that the university claimed no knowledge of...and, proof shows they did.
I'm sorry, but I have to think all these skeletons show me that Dantonio and Izzo are dirty. It seems as if the entire university was a "look the other way, it will go away" mentality.
If I am over stepping the boundaries, I'll apologize now.

OL

Reactions: bytir and 91Joe95
"Hello, MSU? This is the MasterCard Foundation. We have a shoe which needs to be delivered to your nuts right away. What's that? You say you have a long line of people kicking you in the nuts already, and cannot work us in today? Okay, F you. Here's your shoe to the nuts through the national media. Have a nice day."

Engler continued to get embarrassed at the meeting, as he later proposed a 2.97 percent tuition increase, shortly after “teasing” a large increase to cover legal fees from the Nassar case. This too was met with outrage.

“What a vile man you are,” student Dan Martel, a member of the grass-roots Reclaim MSU movement, said. “To direct the anger cast by students for higher tuition rates on survivors of the worst sexual assault scandal in MSU history.”

This was twards the end of the Deadspin article, talk about foot-in-mouth.

Surprised Engler didn't offer Kaylee Lorincz a partial scholarship w/ a "student manager" position w/ the basketball team.

Reactions: 91Joe95
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT