ADVERTISEMENT

Dual I'd like to see...

SetonHallPirate

Mar 31, 2002
Michigan is playing football at Iowa on November 12th, in a game that will be carried live by ESPN. How about a Penn State/Iowa dual at Kinnick that morning?

Just one idiot's thought...

Reactions: Creek Side
Michigan is playing football at Iowa on November 12th, in a game that will be carried live by ESPN. How about a Penn State/Iowa dual at Kinnick that morning?

Just one idiot's thought...

We play tO$U on Oct 22nd its already slated as the 8pm ABC game that night...could do an exhibition.

We play Iowa on Nov 5th which would probably be a 3:30. Could do an exhibition with that too.

Now that we solved this, how about Cael gets on twitter and gets it done. Spyker send him an email pronto!!!

We play tO$U on Oct 22nd its already slated as the 8pm ABC game that night...could do an exhibition.

We play Iowa on Nov 5th which would probably be a 3:30. Could do an exhibition with that too.

Now that we solved this, how about Cael gets on twitter and gets it done. Spyker send him an email pronto!!!

Nov 5th it could be the actual dual instead of an exhibition.

true but I believe the "actual" dual needs to be in Iowa for the upcoming big 10 season, thats why I said exhibition. Makes no difference to me, but the B1$ is more known for doing things that dont make sense then decisions that do.

Ohio State twilight match featuring glow-in-the-dark wrestlers. Brilliant!

Reactions: Creek Side
Have it here and we'll name the event and only put it on visiting team tickets... "The Beating at Beaver"!

I wonder if Stoll will be able to go this year? I imagine by the time B1G's roll around, he'll be ready, but I wonder if November or December might be too soon?

Creek Side, I like the thinking, but as mentioned, the dual is scheduled to be in Iowa City this year. Only reason I said it the way I did is, Iowa/Michigan is likely to be an ESPN College GameDay game, with that game being aired on ESPN (the mothership) that night. How about having the meet in the background of ESPN College GameDay, with 55-60,000 fans in the building already?

Reactions: Gobblin
Lion, unfortunately, the Orange Bowl site is now Marlins Park. I'd love to see that dual there for another reason: It's about an hour (driving distance) from my house! That said, I can think of a million things more likely than that, from me getting hit by a meteor, to me dating one of the state qualifiers for the Miss America Pageant, to me being elected the 45th President of the United States (and I'm not eligible).

That said, I can think of a million things more likely than that, from me getting hit by a meteor, to me dating one of the state qualifiers for the Miss America Pageant, to me being elected the 45th President of the United States (and I'm not eligible).

LOL. I've met the Pirate, and from his list I think he's got the best chance of "dating one of the state qualifiers for the Miss America Pageant." I probably wouldn't put money on it happening, but women constantly surprise me, so there's always a chance, SHP. ;)

Lion, unfortunately, the Orange Bowl site is now Marlins Park. I'd love to see that dual there for another reason: It's about an hour (driving distance) from my house! That said, I can think of a million things more likely than that, from me getting hit by a meteor, to me dating one of the state qualifiers for the Miss America Pageant, to me being elected the 45th President of the United States (and I'm not eligible).
Live where?
Mid to late 80s I lived and worked in Boca.
South Florida in your mid late 20s with some money in your pocket. Twas a boat load of fun.

I would like to see a dual between PSU and ASU in Sun Devil stadium with a huge crowd, but that isn't likely as the people out there don't care about wrestling. That would be a sign our sport is growing, and could be scheduled without climatic fears.

I would like to see a dual between PSU and ASU in Sun Devil stadium with a huge crowd, but that isn't likely as the people out there don't care about wrestling. That would be a sign our sport is growing, and could be scheduled without climatic fears.

There is a big fan base in Arizona, but one problem is that the U of A dropped it so long ago, and the U of A vs ASU rivalry is VERY important to attendance in every sport, and when Arizona dropped wrestling it hurt both programs. Hearing whispers that maybe Arizona is trying to re instate the program, hope that is true.

It was announced today that the Iowa @ PSU football game will be a 7:30 pm ET start, and a BTN broadcast. (CLICK HERE)

Certainly obstacles to overcome, including PSU being slated to be @ Iowa for wrestling this season, but if PSU and Iowa wrestling wanted to make it happen, they have an opportunity here.

Iowa got rather lucky with the weather for their outdoor match with Okla. St. last year. None of us know what the weather will be like at PSU on 11/5 this year, but a date that early in Nov. gives about the best odds PSU could get for decent weather for an outdoor wrestling match at Beaver Stadium.

It was announced today that the Iowa @ PSU football game will be a 7:30 pm ET start, and a BTN broadcast. (CLICK HERE)

Certainly obstacles to overcome, including PSU being slated to be @ Iowa for wrestling this season, but if PSU and Iowa wrestling wanted to make it happen, they have an opportunity here.

Iowa got rather lucky with the weather for their outdoor match with Okla. St. last year. None of us know what the weather will be like at PSU on 11/5 this year, but a date that early in Nov. gives about the best odds PSU could get for decent weather for an outdoor wrestling match at Beaver Stadium.

We could try and schedule a dual against Lehigh on that date or even Cornell. Either of them would probably bring just as many away fans as Iowa just because of the distance.

I'm not against having a PSU outdoor match in far southern South Carolina in November. Mid to upper 70's by day, 50's by night. And usually fair weather (dry season). It would be like Harbaugh holding practices in the south for recruiting purposes. Maybe a tri or quad with VT, NCSt, and The Citadel.

Only half kidding. Would love to be closer than 800 miles for a match, and there are a TON of PSU alums down here.

To add to my previous post, I noted that NCSt got commitments from quite a few southern wrestlers as one might expect. We should make our presence known there in the flesh before that pipeline develops too much.

We could try and schedule a dual against Lehigh on that date or even Cornell. Either of them would probably bring just as many away fans as Iowa just because of the distance.
Cornell wouldn't be available. They aren't allowed to compete until the Friday before Thanksgiving, due to Ivy League rules.

FYI, November 5th is also the date of the NWCA All-Star Classic.

To add to my previous post, I noted that NCSt got commitments from quite a few southern wrestlers as one might expect. We should make our presence known there in the flesh before that pipeline develops too much.
Cael is ahead of you. Already had Nick Weldon from Alabama on the team for a year before he transferred closer to home. Then had Gabe Beyer from Florida commit, before Beyer flipped to Sparky. The coaches have been at Super 32 (at least) for years and know who's out there.

Also some Bo Nickal guy ...

Cael is ahead of you. Already had Nick Weldon from Alabama on the team for a year before he transferred closer to home. Then had Gabe Beyer from Florida commit, before Beyer flipped to Sparky. The coaches have been at Super 32 (at least) for years and know who's out there.

Also some Bo Nickal guy ...

Our staff is looking everywhere all the time. Also, top tier kids are actually recruiting Cael these days. It's more of a selection and evaluation process.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT