ADVERTISEMENT

Draining the oceans

where would they put all that water?

13245_4.jpg.94b92a5a5092861a18e1786e4df83b46.jpg

Canada? Eh?

If you want to check out a large body of water disappearing, check out the Aral Sea, once one of the largest lakes in the world. Map makers have actually had to show the major changes to it. I have a globe from the early 80's and it is quite striking to see how much it has shrank since then.

If you want to check out a large body of water disappearing, check out the Aral Sea, once one of the largest lakes in the world. Map makers have actually had to show the major changes to it. I have a globe from the early 80's and it is quite striking to see how much it has shrank since then.
Aside from being a popular answer in many crossword puzzles (a very favorable vowel to consonant ratio) it is disturbing to see what has happened to that body of water.

Aside from being a popular answer in many crossword puzzles (a very favorable vowel to consonant ratio) it is disturbing to see what has happened to that body of water.

Even here in America - we have the Salton Sea. A sea literally created by accident. I think 90% of Americans don't know what a mess it is now.

You can thank the old Soviet Union for its demise. Drained mostly for agricultural use.

Reactions: 91Joe95
Even here in America - we have the Salton Sea. A sea literally created by accident. I think 90% of Americans don't know what a mess it is now.
Apples and Oranges to the Aral Sea. Former an accident that is reverting to nature; the latter artificially destroyed

Where would you find the largest concentrations of sunken ships I wonder? Caribbean? Great Lakes?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT