ADVERTISEMENT

UM hiring OSU RB coach

Delco Lion

Feb 16, 2017
Chadds Ford, PA
Yep, not that big of deal. As you said, it happens everywhere. Also read that Alford did not get along with new OSU OC Kelly
I think that you hit the nail right on the head. He was destined to play second fiddle to Kelly in the running game and wanted out. I do not have any inside info but I have to believe that Day is not all that upset by him leaving.

Reactions: rrdd2021
I think that you hit the nail right on the head. He was destined to play second fiddle to Kelly in the running game and wanted out. I do not have any inside info but I have to believe that Day is not all that upset by him leaving.
No one is surprised he left. It’s going Michigan that is surprising.

I am not surprised. If he felt disrespected by Kelly then the "spite' factor can easily come into play. Michigan lost their RB couch so the pieces were in place.

Yeah, just read that his contract was set to expire next year and OSU did not offer to renew it like they did with their other assistants. The surprise - like you mentioned - is that he ended up with Michigan. A very strange situation

Yeah, just read that his contract was set to expire next year and OSU did not offer to renew it like they did with their other assistants. The surprise - like you mentioned - is that he ended up with Michigan. A very strange situation
He owes OSU no loyalty and seems fit for the job. Maybe he remembers some signals????? Nah....that tomfoolery never happened. Ask Jim.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT