ADVERTISEMENT

Dotson

Texas Lion

Aug 10, 2018
Doesn't make the finals for WR of the year. I hope JFF goes off about this in his PC.

This PC could be awesome if the right things are asked.

Reactions: old&tired76
And like always no questions about things people want to hear. The lady that asked about his favorite Thanksgiving Food should be fired. Just listen to the past TGiving week PC and you will find out.

Today should have been:

New Contract Report
Dotson getting stiffed for the FB Award
The Improvement of CV or better yet where was his development at Iowa
Where has Roberson been
And I would ask this: You talk a lot about what is good for the College Game. Do you think it is good practice that schools seemingly fire coaches at the first sign of adversity no matter what they did in the past?

New Contract Report
He's made it very clear that he doesn't want to say anything until he knows it's true because he doesn't want to mislead anyone. Considering the comp committee is likely voting to approve his new deal later today, it shouldn't be a surprise that he's not commenting. He'll probably talk about it tomorrow in the post practice presser.

Reactions: cvilleelkscoach
He's made it very clear that he doesn't want to say anything until he knows it's true because he doesn't want to mislead anyone. Considering the comp committee is likely voting to approve his new deal later today, it shouldn't be a surprise that he's not commenting. He'll probably talk about it tomorrow in the post practice presser.
I get it and I understand why you have to reply with that. I just was hoping that when I type something I want it to be solid so I can't mention anything about anything.

I get it and I understand why you have to reply with that. I just was hoping that when I type something I want it to be solid so I can't mention anything about anything.
Did anyone ask about CV vs SC and process to arrive at starting QB decision for Sat?

HAHAHHAHAH

"I get it, I understand the question, but obviously, I am not going to obviously respond to anything that doesn't you know, obviously, involve Rutgers or turkey."

Reactions: Texas Lion
Did anyone ask about CV vs SC and process to arrive at starting QB decision for Sat?

SC is starting. He was trying to do the Jordan flu game. Installed a cadence to get him able to run the offense what little he did.

Doesn't make the finals for WR of the year. I hope JFF goes off about this in his PC.

Dotson doesn’t appear to be the type of player who will be affected by award nominations. He’ll show up on Saturday ready to ball.

Reactions: MaconNitt
Dotson has the best stats considering he does not have a highly rated pro prospect throwing to him.

David Bell can make a strong claim at that as well. I hope he wins it. Jameson Williams is the most explosive -- averaging over 20 yards/catch with 13 TDs.

I guess for conference balance purposes, they only included one Big Ten nominee. Frankly, 5 of the best 7 or 8 WRs are in the Big Ten. Only Bell got included.

Dotson doesn’t appear to be the type of player who will be affected by award nominations. He’ll show up on Saturday ready to ball.
And he'll be playing on Sundays for quite a while also. He's the kind of player you want, team guy and goes to work while making big plays and doesn't cause drama. We're fortunate to have him!

And like always no questions about things people want to hear. The lady that asked about his favorite Thanksgiving Food should be fired. Just listen to the past TGiving week PC and you will find out.

Today should have been:

New Contract Report
Where has Roberson been
And I would ask this: You talk a lot about what is good for the College Game. Do you think it is good practice that schools seemingly fire coaches at the first sign of adversity no matter what they did in the past?
James, how do feel about getting a 10 year contract when other coaches with similar records are being fired?

Sure he beats man coverage, just not enough to be considered one of the top WR in college.
Dotson is considered one of the top WR in college and will be playing on Sundays. He is not top 3 this year. This is a beauty contest.

The Alabama WR has 13 TD's, 6 in the last 2 weeks, 3 against a 1-10 NM St :rolleyes:

Bell's numbers are not that great, 5 TD's in 10 games, had 8 last year in 6 games

Pitt WR (and team for that matter ) having a solid year, 4 TD's last week from a 6th year QB ;)

Dotson is going to have a nice long NFL career. I think he'll fall to the third round due to some known issues with his game but that will probably be best for him. Let him slide into a an offense as a third or fourth receiver and exclusively play in the slot. Almost all NFL teams use linebackers and safeties to cover which plays to his strengths. He could have a 6 to 8 year career with about 50 catches a year with half of them for first downs.

Today should have been:

New Contract Report
Where has Roberson been
Obviously... I get it... Appreciate you guys showing up... I’ll address that but...

Dotson is considered one of the top WR in college and will be playing on Sundays. He is not top 3 this year. This is a beauty contest.

The Alabama WR has 13 TD's, 6 in the last 2 weeks, 3 against a 1-10 NM St :rolleyes:

Bell's numbers are not that great, 5 TD's in 10 games, had 8 last year in 6 games

Pitt WR (and team for that matter ) having a solid year, 4 TD's last week from a 6th year QB ;)

Statistic wise sure he is in the top. But, he is not a take the top off WR which the NFL covet. He's a bit smaller than average, doesn't have the quick twitch as some one like Hamler. I'd say he is above average on most of his skill, top shelf wrt his hands. There will be multiple WRs going before him which in many ways is a good thing as the pressure to perform will not be as great with a high 1st rd pick. Could he go low 1st round? Sure is team really takes a liking to him, 2nd/3rd round is more likely.

Well, a big reason for his being overlooked is that he is on a team with a badly banged up starting QB and no back up ready. Several games in which we had a poor passing game really hurt his stat line and didn’t give him many chances for highlight making catches.

If he goes in third round someone is getting a steal. And Steelers are famous for gettin mid round receivers and they making the Pro Bowl.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT