ADVERTISEMENT

Don't shoot the messenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes... I alluded to that on page 1 of this thread. There was a thread on FOS (Cutch) that made that point.

Not an insider by any means but do have a couple credible sources that know some info here and there. But maybe cutch was just playing it close to the vest or just doesn't know. Everything I have heard from those sources say that nick is not back or working camps and is not on good terms right now with staff.

Not an insider by any means but do have a couple credible sources that know some info here and there. But maybe cutch was just playing it close to the vest or just doesn't know. Everything I have heard from those sources say that nick is not back or working camps and is not on good terms right now with staff.
Your words...

bag_4_sur_29_65cce3af-15ed-43ca-8ba2-5e8a17ab6d63_large.jpg

Will kill.

Guess we'll find out when school starts. Unless we hear from Nick or staff I vote to let this thread die

So if Nick decides to leave us, does 125 play out like 133 did for us last year? Who would be the front runners to compete?

This is all true. Nicks been showing up at SKWC and training. Doesn't mean he isn't coming back to PSU but he hasn't yet.

I hear homesick, Frankie Edgar, and future UFC interests are part of the decision.

So much of this just doesn't add up, but the Rutgers' coaches working to get Nick eligible for next season is the hardest to believe.

How could they be negotiating with the Big Ten over Nick's eligibility when they are not even allowed to be talking to him about a transfer. They would be admitting they're breaking the rules.

The only way any of this makes sense is if the coaches have given Nick/dad permission to talk to Rutgers. I don't even know if that would work without a full release.

Reactions: Ski
I agree with most of what has been said. But I can tell you that YoungGuns is correct in saying that Nick is not back up to PSU yet and the coaches aren't sure what his plans are. Hopefully he comes back and wins three straight titles but at this point, who knows.

I for the life of me can't imagine an elite talent with the chance to win multiple individual AND team titles would transfer to a clearly inferior program.. And give up a year of eligibility in doing it. I just don't get the mind set.. Unless the coaches and team really stuck it to him somehow but I doubt that is the case.. just an odd situation..

I agree with most of what has been said. But I can tell you that YoungGuns is correct in saying that Nick is not back up to PSU yet and the coaches aren't sure what his plans are. Hopefully he comes back and wins three straight titles but at this point, who knows.
That's impossible, Spyker said his guys in Rec Hall laughed it off. You guys need better contacts.

If half of this stuff is true Rutgers could get hit with tampering and Nick could lose more than one year of eligibility. Hard to believe the Rutgers staff, and Nick's dad would take that risk ... but hey, what do I know. Maybe there are loopholes they can exploit.

If half of this stuff is true Rutgers could get hit with tampering and Nick could lose more than one year of eligibility. Hard to believe the Rutgers staff, and Nick's dad would take that risk ... but hey, what do I know. Maybe there are loopholes they can exploit.

Hope Rutgers doesn't have to forfeit their season, I just bought season tix to see Osu, Iowa, Minny, n of course PSU at the RAC.

I for the life of me can't imagine an elite talent with the chance to win multiple individual AND team titles would transfer to a clearly inferior program.. And give up a year of eligibility in doing it. I just don't get the mind set.. Unless the coaches and team really stuck it to him somehow but I doubt that is the case.. just an odd situation..
reading between the lines (and through the smoke), it seems NS would be gone if not for this issue; we'll see

How about we wager how many pages this horsesh~t goes before we know the Truth? I say 24. You can send my $10k to Cael.

Reactions: csiebott
Tired of this rumor. Think he changed his mind, and he will end up at OSU, and Picc ends up at Cornell. That way no one loses any eligibility, other than internet rumor mongers. (And Spyker-after his "redshirt month" he changed names, but not schools)

Could it be that NS has fallen into the Terrell Owens trap and needs to be wooed and courted? LOL

other fake news or rumors to contemplate:
- Jason is quitting due to his engagement. Wants to focus on life after wrestling
- Jason was exposed to IOWA/Brands via Gilman at OTC and is considering transferring
- Stoudt left cause the room wasn't fair to him
- McKenna is coming to PSU
- Cortez is wrestling '33
- Hall is taking a redshirt
- Zain is dropping out of school to focus on free style (and then MMA - revenge on his mind)
- Cenzo is up to 197, too much V celebration.
- Bo is not coming back from Texas
- Our hwt is quitting so his little brother won't have big shoes to fill
- Cael, since no contract, is trying to take over the international wrestling organization(s)
- Cael isn't getting a contract due to throwing bricks or improper placement of chairs
- We can change the world on the BWI forum, just read us
- Nick's ankle isn't 100%
- Spyker says....

Guess you can tell I've lost interest in this thread long ago if not after the first post

Unfortunately too much smoke on this one to ignore. I just hope it gets resolved soon. McKenna is holding back making a decision and it just might be because PSU may suddenly have more money to offer. I would prefer that Nick get things worked out with the staff however McKenna would certainly ease the pain of losing him.

Last edited:
I have a friend who is pretty connected with what goes on around the team. He said that it is still up in the air on whether he returns or not. Something is definitely going on.

Reactions: Bob_Anderson
This thread reminds me of a song from REO Speedwagon...with a few changes

Heard it from a poster who
Heard it from a poster who
Heard it from another you been wrestlin' around
They say you got a new friend
You're up there every weekend
They're talkin' about you and it's bringin' me down

But I know the wrestlin'hood
And talk is cheap when the story is good
And the tales grow taller on down the internet line
So I'm telling you, Nick