ADVERTISEMENT

Don't look now..its a pitt thread...

Wow, Pitt gets blown out at home by Virginia, Pickett was his usual terrible, and their running game stunk. And I love it. I love to watch Narduzzi try to explain away Pitt losses.

Next week is a must win for Pitt. They better not lose to Ohio U. Even the most delusional Pitt fans will want Narduzzi fired.

We are going to crush Pitt in week 3.

70240908_1156494144539458_7532799216100311040_n.jpg

Regarding Narduzzi's postgame.... blah, blah, blah. Just say we stunk, I can't coach, our players are kids no one else wants because I can't recruit, and they'll be no key chains again this year.

They're going 4-8 this year despite playing in the weaker division in the weakest major conference.

Last edited:
Wow, Pitt gets blown out at home by Virginia, Pickett was his usual terrible, and their running game stunk. And I love it. I love to watch Narduzzi try to explain away Pitt losses.

Next week is a must win for Pitt. They better not lose to Ohio U. Even the most delusional Pitt fans will want Narduzzi fired.

We are going to crush Pitt in week 3.

The boys on Pantherlair said that their offense stunk but their defense played really well. Im not sure how a defense that gave up 30 points played very well?

The boys on Pantherlair said that their offense stunk but their defense played really well. Im not sure how a defense that gave up 30 points played very well?
I think the UVA defense had a pick and scored, and sPitt had a turnover deep in their own territory that made it easy for UVA to score, or something like that. That’s how they’re rationalizing it.

Reactions: brupsu
I think the UVA defense had a pick and scored, and sPitt had a turnover deep in their own territory that made it easy for UVA to score, or something like that. That’s how they’re rationalizing it.

All of Virginia’s TD’s were scored by the offense. Maybe the turnovers set them up with a short field.

All of Virginia’s TD’s were scored by the offense. Maybe the turnovers set them up with a short field.
Yeah, I just went back and looked. UVA had two interceptions and a blocked punt that led to 14 points. Didn’t watch the game, was just looking at the Liar Board for shits and giggles.

I watched the game. The final touchdown for Virginia came on a short field after Pitt went for it on 4th down, late in the game. Also, another Virginia score came on a short field after a punt block. Keep in mind that its difficult to determine how good Virginia is after 1 game.......but on this limited sample, I would say that the Pitt D played well enough to win the game. Pickett was intercepted which led to points as well. Their DBs get away with a lot of holding and hand checking. They are fast, aggressive and talented.
My impression is that the rest of the D wore down....probably a lack of depth.
The Pitt O is an entirely different story. Pickett is extremely inconsistent....showing flashes or good natural ability (both to run or scramble and on occasion hitting receivers in a bad place (hands). But inexplicably, he will run into a sack or throw the ball right at the D. My experience is that after more than one entire season and parts of 2 others.....this is who Kenny Pickett is. Pitt will have to take the good with the bad. Could he string together one or two games of brilliance....perhaps.....he does have some natural ability. However, he spent and inordinate amount of time on the turf, doing a Christian Hackenberg impression. Blitzes reached him time and again. He was one beat up young man.
I would be respectful of Pitt's D to give us a test. However, if Virginia pounded Kenny, PSU's D should make the day a nightmare for KP with pressure and hits. I don't think Pitt can sleep on Ohio. While they will likely win.....they won't have the luxury of staying "vanilla."

I watched the game. The final touchdown for Virginia came on a short field after Pitt went for it on 4th down, late in the game. Also, another Virginia score came on a short field after a punt block. Keep in mind that its difficult to determine how good Virginia is after 1 game.......but on this limited sample, I would say that the Pitt D played well enough to win the game. Pickett was intercepted which led to points as well. Their DBs get away with a lot of holding and hand checking. They are fast, aggressive and talented.
The Pitt O is an entirely different story. Pickett is extremely inconsistent....showing flashes or good natural ability (both to run or scramble and on occasion hitting receivers in a bad place (hands). But inexplicably, he will run into a sack or throw the ball right at the D. My experience is that after more than one entire season and parts of 2 others.....this is who Kenny Pickett is. Pitt will have to take the good with the bad. Could he string together one or two games of brilliance....perhaps.....he does have some natural ability. However, he spent and inordinate amount of time on the turf, doing a Christian Hackenberg impression. Blitzes reached him time and again. He was one beat up young man.
I would be respectful of Pitt's D to give us a test. However, if Virginia pounded Kenny, PSU's D should make the day a nightmare for KP with pressure and hits. I don't think Pitt can sleep on Ohio. While they will likely win.....they won't have the luxury of staying "vanilla."

nardoozie will open up the playbook against us. With his play calling and their great character on both sides of the ball, we’re screwed. :(

Good analysis. Pitt brought a lot of pressure all night. If you can pick this up they are in for a very long night. Virginia did ok with it the second half but were lucky Perkins was still standing at halftime. The amount of pass interference is incredible. Hard to imagine what isn’t shown away from the ball. The fact that Pitt barely tried to run the ball surprised me a lot.

Reactions: PSU&Trout
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT