ADVERTISEMENT

Don’t feel so bad sPitt gets to play 6-6 Eastern Michigan

Pitt became bowl eligible? I thought they were referring to Brunswick bowling (now Bowlero).

Reactions: TheGLOV
Lair will puff out their collective chests with an 8 win season. Eastern Michigan finished in last place in their division in the MAC.

Don’t sleep on Eastern Michigan. They beat the same Illinois team that Rose Bowl bound Wisconsin lost to and we all know how great Wisconsin is. The talking heads said so.
The important thing is, the Rose Bowl committee took heed and "did the right thing".

The pitters get to play the last place team in the MAC West. pitt will feel right at home since the MAC West is much like the ACC Coastal. EMU is arguably the worst bowl team ever selected. I'm sure both pitt attendees will enjoy the game in warm and cozy Detroit the day after Christmas.

The pitters get to play the last place team in the MAC West. pitt will feel right at home since the MAC West is much like the ACC Coastal. EMU is arguably the worst bowl team ever selected. I'm sure both pitt attendees will enjoy the game in warm and cozy Detroit the day after Christmas.
It warmed my heart to see Yahoo Sports rated The Quicklane Bowl #39 of 39 bowl games. Pitt will finally win 8 games and brag all winter about its record and brilliant bowl performance. #39 LOL

It warmed my heart to see Yahoo Sports rated The Quicklane Bowl #39 of 39 bowl games. Pitt will finally win 8 games and brag all winter about its record and brilliant bowl performance. #39 LOL
And it’s only #39 because there isn’t a 40th game.

Reactions: psu00
I’d wager there are more guns in Dallas than Detroit.

Yes, but using football terminology.... a much higher percentage of the guns in Dallas are being used on Defense; whereas a much higher percentage of the guns in Detroit are being used on Offense.... ;););)

It'll be like an EMU home game. Ypsilanti is less than an hour from Ford Field and I'd assume the bulk of their alums live in the area. OTOH, most Pitt fans don't want to drive to Heinz Field for a game so I doubt they'll be making the 4.5 hour drive to Detroit.

It'll be like an EMU home game. Ypsilanti is less than an hour from Ford Field and I'd assume the bulk of their alums live in the area. OTOH, most Pitt fans don't want to drive to Heinz Field for a game so I doubt they'll be making the 4.5 hour drive to Detroit.
That’s not saying much.
Through some creative counting (and redirecting funds from Pepsi’s pouring rights contract), EMU averages just slightly more than the 15,000 home attendance required to remain in FBS. There are less than 10k actual butts in seats at virtually every Eastern home game (when they host Western or Central Mich, those visiting fans add a few thousand).

Should be a sparse crowd at Ford Field for this one.

Reactions: NittPicker
Now Pitt fans will know what it's like being on the other side and playing a game with nothing to gain and everything to lose.

Now Pitt fans will know what it's like being on the other side and playing a game with nothing to gain and everything to lose.
You just described every Pitt Bowl Game this century. And Pitt normally loses those games.

You just described every Pitt Bowl Game this century. And Pitt normally loses those games.

True to an extent, but EMU is about as bad as an opponent that a P5 school can have in a bowl game. Even if it were Toledo or CMU, it wouldn't look as bad. EMU finished last place in the MAC West. To add insult to injury, the game is being played in Detroit, less than an hour drive from EMU's campus.

True to an extent, but EMU is about as bad as an opponent that a P5 school can have in a bowl game. Even if it were Toledo or CMU, it wouldn't look as bad. EMU finished last place in the MAC West. To add insult to injury, the game is being played in Detroit, less than an hour drive from EMU's campus.

How could the last place team in the MAC West beat a team that the first place team in the B1G West lost to? It just boggles the mind.

Reactions: PSUoh90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT