ADVERTISEMENT

Does HCJF need to beat UMich

If HCJF loses to UMich & tOSU in '24 but advances to the natty game @ the playoff then it doesn't matter if he wins the national championship.

If HCJF loses to UMich & tOSU in '24 but advances to the natty game @ the playoff then it doesn't matter if he wins the national championship.
We don't play Michigan but winning a title means he beat great teams which is the complaint right now about him. He can't.

Oh, hell no. Really, it is the wrong question. Nothing will ever be enough to sway some of these nimrods. Run the table, win it all, dominate the NFL draft, etc., none of it will be enough. Some critics will be satisfied here, including some who have repeatedly said he cannot do it, and who will henceforth let it be known they were behind JF all the way, but a sizable number will never be satisfied.
Your age-related complacency is surprising. 🤷🏼‍♂️

It all is on Drew's shoulders. Great players overcome pressure. This is his chance to take a first step towards greatness. I think that he and Cephus both being named O Player of the game was not an accident.

Drew needs Dante to keep playing at a high level. We won't win with only 1 WR. Drew looked like a different player at Maryland. It seems he has found the confidence to play the game with much less caution and more abandon.
It's not all on Allar. Frankly I don't even expect Allar to start more than a few games next year before they finally admit the truth and switch to Beau.

• Haha
Reactions: LandoComando
Penn State will not lose to Michigan in 2024 since they are not on the schedule. Unless they play in the CCG.

It's not all on Allar. Frankly I don't even expect Allar to start more than a few games next year before they finally admit the truth and switch to Beau.
I think Allar will be hardened next year. The progress should be noticeable. Simplify the offense a bit plus a full season under his belt should make a world of difference. Think less, play faster is the theory anyway. We'll see.

Reactions: royboy
I think Allar will be hardened next year. The progress should be noticeable. Simplify the offense a bit plus a full season under his belt should make a world of difference. Think less, play faster is the theory anyway. We'll see.
TAKE CHANCES. THROW THE 50/50 ball. Develop a RELATIONSHIP with at least 3 WR.
Be a leader, not game manager. I expect that AK will help him improve or he will be replaced. They can't repeat 2023. It would hurt QB & WR recruiting. They did not recruit 17 stone hand flunkies. They have talent. Now it is time to develop it.

Reactions: PennState_one
There is no scheme that can fix a psychological problem within a player.

There is no scheme that can fix a psychological problem within a player.
Hopefully it isn't anything to serious though. I think I saw somewhere that Yurcich had like 700 signs. It was 700 or 900 and Allar said it on a shorts vid I saw a while back. I'm not sure if that many is normal or not though.

TAKE CHANCES. THROW THE 50/50 ball. Develop a RELATIONSHIP with at least 3 WR.
Be a leader, not game manager. I expect that AK will help him improve or he will be replaced. They can't repeat 2023. It would hurt QB & WR recruiting. They did not recruit 17 stone hand flunkies. They have talent. Now it is time to develop it.
How many more times do you think Franklin is going to be allowed to replace his OC between now and the end of his contract in 7 yrs? To me this it, or maybe one more time. They've got to show they can win at least one of Mich, OSU, Oregon, Wash over the next 3 years. Right now that's a stretch.

How many more times do you think Franklin is going to be allowed to replace his OC between now and the end of his contract in 7 yrs?

As many as it takes until they have the buyout or someone pays the $6 million and hires him away.

How many more times do you think Franklin is going to be allowed to replace his OC between now and the end of his contract in 7 yrs? To me this it, or maybe one more time. They've got to show they can win at least one of Mich, OSU, Oregon, Wash over the next 3 years. Right now that's a stretch.

We’re going to be favored against Washington next season. Oregon is about to lose their coach.

if he wants to replace another coordinator, psu should only agree in exchange for renegotiating his contract for less years or a lower buyout.

it is fairly ridiculous that the coach is off limits due to a super lengthy contract, so the coordinators get fired instead. Three OCs have been fired in ten years, and two others have left for new jobs. that is huge number of offensive coordinators

I looked at the PSU 2024 schedule and the only really tough game is Nov 2 when OSU comes to Beaver Stadium. PSU does go to USC but not sure if they can figure out a way to play defense. You can bet, though, that they'll have their usual explosive offense under Lincoln Riley. That redshirt QB - can't remember his name - was really impressive in their bowl game

PSU doesn't have to play Oregon or Michigan, although Michigan is losing a TON and probably their HC as well. Oregon, however, is loaded and expected to challenge for the B1G title along with OSU and PSU and maybe Michigan. Oregon also has one of CF's top coaches in Dan Lanning and Phil Knight's NIKE money backing them. I said maybe about Michigan because they have a lot of question marks going into 2024

Last edited:
I looked at the PSU 2024 schedule and the only really tough game is Nov 2 when OSU comes to Beaver Stadium. PSU does go to USC but not sure if they can figure out a way to play defense. You can bet, though, that they'll have their usual explosive offense under Lincoln Riley. That redshirt QB - can't remember his name - was really impressive in their bowl game

I have a hunch the portal QB Riley brought in earlier this month s going to beat him out for that job.

if he wants to replace another coordinator, psu should only agree in exchange for renegotiating his contract for less years or a lower buyout.

it is fairly ridiculous that the coach is off limits due to a super lengthy contract, so the coordinators get fired instead. Three OCs have been fired in ten years, and two others have left for new jobs. that is huge number of offensive coordinators
Yep and Franklin just somehow doesn't have accountability and skates through it. If this new OC is not good or does not significantly improve the offense then I think Franklin's 9 lives are up.

It’s not though. Just because we used to employ friends and family doesn’t mean turnover isn’t normal in the real world.

Bama had 6 in the last 10 years, only one lasted more than 2 seasons.

Harbaughs on his 4th since 2015.

Kirby is on his 4th since 2016.

Dabo has had 3 in the last 3 seasons.

Franklin could go jogging in a navy blue t-shirt and some of you guys would pull out a Pantone book and criticize him for wearing the wrong shade of blue.

to be finally respected on this board. Will it be enough?

defending%20big%2012%20champs_zpsrnmqmswn.png
HCJF needs to beat everyone and win a NC.

It’s not though. Just because we used to employ friends and family doesn’t mean turnover isn’t normal in the real world.

Bama had 6 in the last 10 years, only one lasted more than 2 seasons.

Harbaughs on his 4th since 2015.

Kirby is on his 4th since 2016.

Dabo has had 3 in the last 3 seasons.

Franklin could go jogging in a navy blue t-shirt and some of you guys would pull out a Pantone book and criticize him for wearing the wrong shade of blue.
The main difference between all of those coaches and Franklin is they’ve all won NC’s. Yet, Franklin is the only one of the group that talks about being “great” or “elite”.

The main difference between all of those coaches and Franklin is they’ve all won NC’s. Yet, Franklin is the only one of the group that talks about being “great” or “elite”.

Then come up with another metric. Clearly number of offensive coordinators in and of itself is meaningless. Harbaugh had something like 31 different assistants his first 4 or 5 seasons and those were not successful seasons.

Last edited:
Franklin has probably 3-5 weekly interviews or press conferences for a decade, says something one time, and it's parroted for years by some of you. Maybe it's time for a new approach?

Franklin has probably 3-5 weekly interviews or press conferences for a decade, says something one time, and it's parroted for years by some of you. Maybe it's time for a new approach?
Not at all. When he wins a NC then the approach will change.

So if you are in charge you fire 133 head coaches every season?
Why would I need to fire 133 coaches? Why would I fire them? That’s not the answer. The answer is to provide them the tools they need to be successful. When needed, to put a boot in their a$$ and muzzle over their mouth. To kindly remind them their objective is to produce quality educated young men while winning championships.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT