ADVERTISEMENT

Documentary about Ohio State wrestling/Strauss.

Reactions: PSUEngineer89
“This article uncovers the most widespread sexual abuse scandal in the history of American higher education.”

Yet if you ask 100 random people this in question format, I guarantee all 100 would say Sandusky. You might get one to say Nassar, but no one has heard of Richard Strauss or Robert Anderson!

Reactions: TheGLOV
It is going to be as accurate as HBO's documentary on the 2000 election and the movie about Joe Paterno I take a hard pass.

As will rogers said: "if you don't read the news you are uninformed and if you read the news you are misinformed".

Why did Clooney choose to get involved in this project? Because he has Ohio connections? Or because of the Jordan angle? Since Jordan is alleged to only have a small tangential involvement as a grad assistant or assistant coach, Will the doc overstate or highlight his place in the scandal?

There are plenty of bad guys involved. Jordan is alleged to have been told and blew it off as crazy stuff. If the doc does that much so be it. If the doc makes him a major player and gives him too much screen time, then it is a political movie. If so, then Demlion will be happy and he can proselytize all he wants. Oops, my apologies, Dem will do that anyway.

Why did Clooney choose to get involved in this project? Because he has Ohio connections? Or because of the Jordan angle? Since Jordan is alleged to only have a small tangential involvement as a grad assistant or assistant coach, Will the doc overstate or highlight his place in the scandal?

There are plenty of bad guys involved. Jordan is alleged to have been told and blew it off as crazy stuff. If the doc does that much so be it. If the doc makes him a major player and gives him too much screen time, then it is a political movie. If so, then Demlion will be happy and he can proselytize all he wants. Oops, my apologies, Dem will do that anyway.
So you know all the details of every incidence of his involvement? Lol. Maybe the doc should focus in YOU.

We used to have people stump for giants like William Proxmire and Margaret Chase Smith

Now we’ve got party hacks on both sides who will go down swinging for swill like Jim Jordan and Nancy Pelosi

So you know all the details of every incidence of his involvement? Lol. Maybe the doc should focus in YOU.
Back at you. So I will couch my comment with to the best of my recollection based upon what I read of the allegations in written reports. I do not claim to have inside knowledge of any of the events past or present. I have also not read about this in about a year. OK?

My recollection is that one victim alleged that he once told Jordan about alleged abuse. The victim alleged that Jordan blew him off, though I do not recall his precise language.

Do you have any info different?

From these allegations, can draw any analogy to PSU? The press wanted to take down Paterno and focused on his involvement and culpability. The movie was about Paterno.

Will Clooney focus on the assistant coach with one allegation(that I am aware of), or the misdeeds of Strauss and the people in the administration who may have documented issues of wrongdoing. In other words, will he focus on Paterno/Curley or Schiano/Bradley? If the facts come to light otherwise and push Jordan into the McQueary/Curley/Schultz category, then let the chips fall where they may.

So is Clooney doing the film just because it interests him, Ohio connections and all? Or is he doing the movie because he hopes to derail Jordan’s career by highlighting his involvement without regard to the facts?

Let's all continue to argue and disparage one another based upon speculation as to the contents of a movie.

Sheese!

My brother lives in California and leans far left politically. He repeatedly has brought up Jordan and this topic to me, for reasons as transparently political as the OP here. Dem is as “concerned” about the victims and Jordan’s alleged role as Pitt (or Iowa or Rutgers or ...) fans were about Sandusky’s alleged victims.

Back at you. So I will couch my comment with to the best of my recollection based upon what I read of the allegations in written reports. I do not claim to have inside knowledge of any of the events past or present. I have also not read about this in about a year. OK?

My recollection is that one victim alleged that he once told Jordan about alleged abuse. The victim alleged that Jordan blew him off, though I do not recall his precise language.

Do you have any info different?

From these allegations, can draw any analogy to PSU? The press wanted to take down Paterno and focused on his involvement and culpability. The movie was about Paterno.

Will Clooney focus on the assistant coach with one allegation(that I am aware of), or the misdeeds of Strauss and the people in the administration who may have documented issues of wrongdoing. In other words, will he focus on Paterno/Curley or Schiano/Bradley? If the facts come to light otherwise and push Jordan into the McQueary/Curley/Schultz category, then let the chips fall where they may.

So is Clooney doing the film just because it interests him, Ohio connections and all? Or is he doing the movie because he hopes to derail Jordan’s career by highlighting his involvement without regard to the facts?
So, yeah, you're only off on the # of wrestlers who say jimbo knew by a factor of 6. Lol!

So, yeah, you're only off on the # of wrestlers who say jimbo knew by a factor of 6. Lol!
Thanks for laughing at me but internet warriors do that well.

A quick review of the article shows a bunch of legal/financial problems with the accusers. Not unusual for victims of abuse, but as with PSU, it makes for questionable witnesses. One other "witness" says he was misquoted.

Thanks for correcting the record. Enjoy the movie.

My brother lives in California and leans far left politically. He repeatedly has brought up Jordan and this topic to me, for reasons as transparently political as the OP here. Dem is as “concerned” about the victims and Jordan’s alleged role as Pitt (or Iowa or Rutgers or ...) fans were about Sandusky’s alleged victims.
Not as concerned about bubba being on the Lolita express though!

While I'd love to see the hammer drop on OSU (and other schools). I do have an honest question. When the news broke about OSU and Strauss, were there any people involved in the coverup that prosecutors could have went after? In other words, were they still in the OSU administration or athletic department? Serious question as I don't really care to keep up with all of this. Simply....Strauss and others should have been prosecuted years ago - actually decades ago

Reactions: john4psu
Thanks for laughing at me but internet warriors do that well.

A quick review of the article shows a bunch of legal/financial problems with the accusers. Not unusual for victims of abuse, but as with PSU, it makes for questionable witnesses. One other "witness" says he was misquoted. Thanks for correcting the record. Enjoy the movie.
That sort of collateral attack on the witnesses is an entirely different matter than there being no witnesses except one. Everyone can see that. You all think I post this stuff to shame Jordan. Wrong. I know that's not possible. I do it to provoke just the kind of bald-faced lies you served up. Thanks.

That sort of collateral attack on the witnesses is an entirely different matter than there being no witnesses except one. Everyone can see that. You all think I post this stuff to shame Jordan. Wrong. I know that's not possible. I do it to provoke just the kind of bald-faced lies you served up. Thanks.

We only know you are a fat shyster.

Too stupid to not mock someone over the same weakness they cannot overcome.

You really got me po Ed with the splitting of yet another infinitive 🤪

When your politics is the worship of liars, it is easy to dismiss facts as lies. It's what your leaders do.
Stop giving yourself the moral high ground. I'm no fan of trump but did you miss the part in 2016 where the Democrats made it loud and clear they thought trump stole the election. You must have missed all the Democratic not my president shit.
The Democratic sanctimonious act is quite hallow. They would let a martian vote if it meant they keep power. Democrats cry foul every time they lose and they'll do it again in 22 because they treat the population like morons and tell folks needing an id is oppression.

Stop giving yourself the moral high ground. I'm no fan of trump but did you miss the part in 2016 where the Democrats made it loud and clear they thought trump stole the election. You must have missed all the Democratic not my president shit.
The Democratic sanctimonious act is quite hallow. They would let a martian vote if it meant they keep power. Democrats cry foul every time they lose and they'll do it again in 22 because they treat the population like morons and tell folks needing an id is oppression.
One guy--EVER---lost and tried to overturn a settled election. ONE. Fake moral equivalency is not convincing to those with morals.

One guy--EVER---lost and tried to overturn a settled election. ONE. Fake moral equivalency is not convincing to those with morals.
Like I said - I have no use for trump but I also have no use for hypocrisy. The Dems tried to impeach trump for baseless Russian collusion to get him out of office.
And it's extremely arrogant and ignorant to sit in judgement on people's morals but that's what you folks call progressive. If anyone disagrees with a Dem they have no morals or they are racist. Talk about fake moral equivalence. Smh

I wrote a several paragraph reply stating what the limitations on my recollection. Instead of directing me to info for me to digest, you call everything I posted bald faced lies. Personal attacks like this are not helpful to any debate. Your reaction is over the top and counterproductive. Do you enjoy personal attacks or is that the only technique in your repertoire?

My “collateral attacks” are actually just obvious observations from the article you linked. The allegations from those people may become more clear later. I am guessing that you made similar observations about the victims in the PSU case.

I wrote a several paragraph reply stating what the limitations on my recollection. Instead of directing me to info for me to digest, you call everything I posted bald faced lies. Personal attacks like this are not helpful to any debate. Your reaction is over the top and counterproductive. Do you enjoy personal attacks or is that the only technique in your repertoire?

My “collateral attacks” are actually just obvious observations from the article you linked. The allegations from those people may become more clear later. I am guessing that you made similar observations about the victims in the PSU case.
I did not attack the victims in the PSU case. Why not admit you just waded in with your preconceived notions, which were flatly false?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT