ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball Penn State Basketball falls to Ohio State 79-67

I’m afraid we’re going to lose Clary.
Now that would surprise me. I can see that he might want to get back to the tournament, but he would have that chance with this team if Rhoades can keep them together, and bring in a strong post player. Besides, he fits perfectly into Rhoades' style of play. I do hope you are wrong because he has become my favorite player to watch.

Reactions: bison13
I am much more optimistic about next year than most. If Rhoades can keep the team together we will lose O'Boyle Wahab and Mitchell. and what he has coming in is much better than we lose. We lose 3 and bring in 3 which doesn't leave room for portal help, unless someone else moves out. I am afraid it could be Jameel Brown if Rhoades doesn't increase his minutes, and I hate to lose him. The only problem then is what we have this year, very little in the post.
Then need to go portal for a big guy who can step in and contribute immediately.
The 4 star incoming freshman, Goodman, won't be able to make a big impact next year. Need to manage the roster. Not having any post presence will kill us.

O'Boyle is a good shooter, unfortunately for him, Rhoades has him playing way out of position. It is not an easy task to have to defend against some of the best bigs in the country, and then try to shoot at a high %. Tracking Myles Dread's shooting, his 3 point % went down when he had to muscle bigs inside, than defending guards. The best shooter we have is Jameel Brown. His shot is pure, and he leads the team at 40%
Brown got off to a hot start this season, but has been getting limited minutes and has gone 5-24 behind the arc since Thanksgiving. The biggest problem is that he’s under consideration as being the best shooter in the team…last year, we had about 5 guys that were better shooters than him.

Brown got off to a hot start this season, but has been getting limited minutes and has gone 5-24 behind the arc since Thanksgiving. The biggest problem is that he’s under consideration as being the best shooter in the team…last year, we had about 5 guys that were better shooters than him.
Weak rebounding, suspect defense and lousy 3pt shooting is no way to go through college, son.

Reactions: AWS1022
Then need to go portal for a big guy who can step in and contribute immediately.
The 4 star incoming freshman, Goodman, won't be able to make a big impact next year. Need to manage the roster. Not having any post presence will kill us.
It will be our biggest weakness, but unless we lose someone else he has no room to bring on in. I am not sure just how much Goodman would be able to help, and his 4* ranking could be questionable as we have seen in Kebba Njie, and now Favour Aire. Both were 4* recruits and yet haven't been able to preform in college.

Now that would surprise me. I can see that he might want to get back to the tournament, but he would have that chance with this team if Rhoades can keep them together, and bring in a strong post player. Besides, he fits perfectly into Rhoades' style of play. I do hope you are wrong because he has become my favorite player to watch.
Going back to the tournament is the low bar, he could get picked up by a team that’s a true contender. He may be too good to stay at PSU. I hope not, but I would not be surprised if he left for a bigger stage.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT