ADVERTISEMENT

DISH drops FS1 and BTN

cment

Jun 1, 2006
Well this sucks. DISH dropped FS1 and BTN. No game for my family on TV tomorrow. Will have to see if my DSL is up to streaming. Not likely though.

Well this sucks. DISH dropped FS1 and BTN. No game for my family on TV tomorrow. Will have to see if my DSL is up to streaming. Not likely though.
Undoubtedly by them dropping these channels, whether they are replaced by channels you will never watch or even if they are not replaced at all, will certainly lead them to lower your monthly price. :rolleyes:

I moved earlier this year and dropped DISH. Every upgrade to my HD package was a bunch of channels that had no desire from me to ever watch. ie. five different Hallmark movie channels, a bunch of shopping channels and yet I have to buy sports and outdoor channels on a "special" package. Not one week after I dropped them, I am bombarded with emails and ads promoting huge special savings for re-signing back with them again. Sorry folks, that ship has sailed....

Switched from Dish to Hulu Live TV about 6 months ago and haven't had any issues. Had to upgrade my internet connection to deal with some occasional poor picture quality, but that was mainly an issue with movies not live sports. Plus, Verizon was running a special so I essentailly got upgraded internet speed for the same price I was paying.

Only thing Hulu doesn't have that I need (okay, want...but seriously I NEED it) is NFL Red Zone. I just signed up for Sling Blue at the beginning of September for $30/month (have to add the sports package for $5) and got a $10/month discount for 3 months. Will drop Sling after football season, but we are still paying about $40/month less than Dish was costing us.

One word......Directv.

I had Direct for over 10 years and dropped them this summer. Went back to cable. Saving about $100 per month no contract no special pricing. Comparable channel package. AT&T ownership has been a disaster now they are trying to unload it.

Dish suckered me in this past summer to a three year deal to get new equip. Because they have now caused me great distress by dropping FS1 the night before a game I was looking forward to, can I drop dish without their buy out penalty?

I hope you are not serious. direct tv is the biggest piece of shit on earth, error code 775 will forever live in our nightmares. I could not get away from that garbage fast enough. Sadly stuck with their damn dish on the roof.
You can take the dish down. DirectTV doesn't even ask for the dish back when you cancel. They just want their POS receiver.

I hope you are not serious. direct tv is the biggest piece of shit on earth, error code 775 will forever live in our nightmares. I could not get away from that garbage fast enough. Sadly stuck with their damn dish on the roof.

I cancelled DirecTV, went to streaming, and bought a rooftop digital antenna. I took down the dish and attached the antenna to the left over mounting post. It worked great since I could also use the cable.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cosmos
Switched from Dish to Hulu Live TV about 6 months ago and haven't had any issues. Had to upgrade my internet connection to deal with some occasional poor picture quality, but that was mainly an issue with movies not live sports. Plus, Verizon was running a special so I essentailly got upgraded internet speed for the same price I was paying.

Only thing Hulu doesn't have that I need (okay, want...but seriously I NEED it) is NFL Red Zone. I just signed up for Sling Blue at the beginning of September for $30/month (have to add the sports package for $5) and got a $10/month discount for 3 months. Will drop Sling after football season, but we are still paying about $40/month less than Dish was costing us.

How do you change channels with Hulu/live? Is there a hook-up for a remote? Or, do you have to go to the computer/laptop/tablet and change the channel with your mouse (or whatever pointing device)?

Youtube TV...no issues there. Dishes are antiquated and a thing of the past.

I hear you, but for us that live in the “sticks,” high-speed is not an option. I even had Verizon Wireless install a “relay” on my house to get to the point of decent internet speeds, but it was spotty at best and could not justify the high-cost. It was a product designed for the crews in the shale region to get better internet/data/voice connection. They don’t sell it any more.

DirectTV is in jeopardy of blacking out all Fox stations at 4:00 pm Friday. So DirectTV users are in jeopardy for tomorrow as well as NFL, etc until DirectTV and Fox distributor reach agreement.
Are you kidding me?

We have had Directv for many years and like it except for the cost. We had Dish for awhile, but went back to Directv as soon as our contract ran out.

Reactions: FHSPSU67
One word......Directv.

I've owned both. Had DTV for 15 years. Service degraded when AT&T bought it. AT&T operates like big government bureaucracy.

Color me a fool but these contract disputes come up all the time. DTV isn't immune to it. It's the new reality. Get used to it or 'cut the chord' and go ala carte.

Reactions: Hotshoe
Undoubtedly by them dropping these channels, whether they are replaced by channels you will never watch or even if they are not replaced at all, will certainly lead them to lower your monthly price. :rolleyes:

^^^ LOL! Go one Shadow. Well played!

Dish suckered me in this past summer to a three year deal to get new equip. Because they have now caused me great distress by dropping FS1 the night before a game I was looking forward to, can I drop dish without their buy out penalty?

Go to a sports bar. World without end, amen. Amen.

Reactions: Hotshoe
It may not be too long before Dish and DIrecTV merge.

Along with that, I had read that DirecTV does not intend to launch any new satellites for their fleet. So, as their current satellites age and are taken out of service, they won't be replaced. Granted, that's many years down the road, however, if any of the current satellite fleet fails, that's that much less capacity.

Streaming appears to be the only viable solution going forward.

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT