ADVERTISEMENT

Disgusting

jboots

Oct 12, 2002
We win Big Ten Wrestling Championship and the posts on here are about the football program. If I didn't know better, I would think I was reading the Ohio State board. Enough dudes. WE ARE more than football.

We win Big Ten Wrestling Championship and the posts on here are about the football program. If I didn't know better, I would think I was reading the Ohio State board. Enough dudes. WE ARE more than football.
People are making wrestling posts on the wrestling board. Lighten up. Disgusting is when someone hocks a loogie on the sidewalk in front of you.

Last edited:
Too much about football on this board? Don't hear that every day.

Great achievement by the wrestling team; I'm a big fan myself, but it's fine to celebrate on the Wrestling Board; it's neat to have a board devoted to wrestling; not many schools do. You're relatively new here....you do realize there is a board devoted to wrestling??

Reactions: N&B4PSU and WeR0206
Nice selfie next to your mini-pickup. Come back when you can afford a "big boy" truck, but thanks for stopping by.

I suggest that you visit the wrestling board sometime...

Reactions: FLY and PENNST34

Most of the posts on this board are usually about the BOT. Lubrano, Zeigler, Freeh, ETC. So having posts about football
is refreshing.

Crazy post. Sure we are happy for PSU wrestling....
But really??? Disgusting???
Wrestling fans often get carried away with their niche sport, it doesn't scratch the ass the the importance of football.
Sorry, that is just a fact.
Most people are ambivalent to wrestling, never would watch or go to a match, but heck I like that PSU is outstanding there....
Disgusting?

A man on a mission...

I'm happy for the wrestling team.

But, sorry, sweaty, college-aged men rolling around on the floor in tights isn't my idea of fun.

Reactions: PENNST34
... And here I thought he was
going to rail against the topics "nominations for the most beautiful _ _ _ _ _" ...
Yeah that $hit is getting old...........but I'm not going to complain about it. :)

And I think it has gotten to the point were we *expect* a Big 10 title. But there were threads all day through the tournament on this board. Just not a separate thread for each match but for the day as a whole.

OK with your passion, but the truth is football and basketball (and baseball in the south and west) drive the bus in college sports. Like it or not, most other sports are an afterthought.

Reactions: fairgambit
Congrats to the wrestling program. This will be greatest wrestling dynasty in college sports. We have the backyard and the coaches to do it. I am thrilled with the results.

...I hear what you say but at Penn State wrestling is a more popular sport than basketball at the present time ...

...basketball may get more $$$s but it's from their share of Big 10 TV proceeds...not their attendance ...

...wrestling has SRO for all of their home meets at Rec Hall and filled BJC for the two meets held there...

...they also have won 5 of the last 6 Big 10 Conference championships and 4 of the last 5 NCAA championships...

...looking to the future I hope basketball grows their following and becomes successful ... but they have a long row to hoe before they will fill their arena for all their games like most other Big 10 teams...

Last edited:
Reactions: m48tank

I am sorry. I thought this was a football board. The wrestling posts are on the WRESTLING board.

Interesting fact: Iowa claims three times as many NCAA wrestling titles as Pitt does in football.
What ? , Iowa actually won those 40 + NCAA titles. Now that was a dynasty !

Interesting fact: Iowa claims three times as many NCAA wrestling titles as Pitt does in football.
What ? , Iowa actually won those 40 + NCAA titles. Now that was a dynasty !

I think OkState has more team titles than Iowa.

Reactions: T J
...I hear what you say but at Penn State wrestling is a more popular sport than basketball at the present time ...
That's not saying a whole lot. I guess OP missed the 4-5 threads that were posted about the B1G wrestling championships.

I'm happy for the wrestling team.

But, sorry, sweaty, college-aged men rolling around on the floor in tights isn't my idea of fun.

Or watching it. I must admit that other than football and men's basketball I could care less about any other sport. I shake my head at men beating their chest about all the National Titles we have since joining the Big Ten. As far as I'm concerned we have two.

...another FYI...

...wrestling is the oldest competitive sport in history...

...football and basketball are really latecomers when it comes to competition among individuals..

...and the most manly...as opposed to what has been said previously...

...one on one...not like football or basketball where the individual can whine, "I didn't score because he didn't give me the ball" or "I didn't score because that other guy didn't throw a block for me"...

...the wrestler goes out there all alone and is solely responsible for his outcome...

...but of course you knew that...;)

Last edited:
Reactions: step.eng69
Or watching it. I must admit that other than football and men's basketball I could care less about any other sport. I shake my head at men beating their chest about all the National Titles we have since joining the Big Ten. As far as I'm concerned we have two.

I wouldn't go that far.

I'm proud of any PSU team that does well in its respective sport. I just don't care to watch some of them.

...another FYI...

...wrestling is the oldest competitive sport in history...

...football and basketball are really latecomers when it comes to competition among individuals..

...and the most manly...as opposed to what has been said previously...

...one on one...not like football or basketball where the individual can whine, "I didn't score because he didn't give me the ball" or "I didn't score because that other guy didn't throw a block for me"...

...the wrestler goes out there all alone and is solely responsible for his outcome...

...but of course you knew that...;)

That's a weird post man

...and just how does appreciating the accomplishments of other than football and basketball players equate to letting sports rule one's life?...
...your comment seems rather narrow minded ...
...but thas jes my opinion ... and you are entitled to yours...

...and just how does appreciating the accomplishments of other than football and basketball players equate to letting sports rule one's life?...
...your comment seems rather narrow minded ...
...but thas jes my opinion ... and you are entitled to yours...

Yes I am entitled to my opinion. I love football and hoops and as I move on from college I will never watch or talk about wrestling or college hockey again. Just my opinion that the guy that follows 12 sports or watches college softball on ESPN has issues.

What the.... I thought this was the Penn State Humanists message board?

And, when did Penn State start wrestling?

Congratulations and major props to the PSU wrestling team on its NCAA title, but I'm nonethtless amazed that there even IS a wrestling board. I read through several posts mentioning the wrestling board before navigating to confirm that such a board in fact exists. Makes me wonder why there is not a separate board for WVB.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT