ADVERTISEMENT

Didn't see it, but the Phils pen implodes again???

Relayer

Jun 18, 2001
Been too frustrated watching the Flyers. Nola with another Phils quality start and the BP gags again. If no one in the pen can get an out, this team won't win 70 games

Looks that way. They should have let Hellickson and Nola pitch complete games. I don't understand the thinking process when a guy has pitched great and still has his stuff late in a game. Hell Tim Lincecum is unsigned and he may be better than what they have in the bullpen.

It's a shame that the Phils wasted two quality starts. With their offense, they won't win too many games scoring only 2 runs.

When you're wishing Hernandez was still in, you have a problem. This was a bad one, but take away the Franco homer and you still have to deal with the fact that nobody can hit. I'm patient but there were two games that should have been in the win col.

Reactions: Relayer
Looks that way. They should have let Hellickson and Nola pitch complete games. I don't understand the thinking process when a guy has pitched great and still has his stuff late in a game. Hell Tim Lincecum is unsigned and he may be better than what they have in the bullpen.

In a way I agree but....

Nola went 7. Hernandez took them to the 9th with no damage. That's not on Mackanin. He is seeing what he has in the pen. Changes are going to have to be made and not at the expense of the starters. It's April 6th. We're not even through the rotation yet.

At some point won't the phrases Phillies bullpen and imploding be synonomous and/or redundant.... For example: Hey charlie, how did the baseball game end? Joe, it ended in a Phillies bullpen. See, you don't need to say the word imploded, because everyone knows that this is what the Phillies bullpen does. It's kinda like Clemsoning, except that in the case of the Phillies bullpen, it's going to happen for the foreseeable future.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT