ADVERTISEMENT

Did Cephas just break out?

TheWizardofCamelot

Apr 28, 2017
Is this what we’ve been waiting for? He’s had to adjust based on limited timing because of his arrival, but is this the moment we see the #1 WR we all thought we recruited from the TP?

Not saying he HAS TO at this point, but it’d be big. Especially with him having an additional year of eligibility.

Lots of good signs today:
  • He can create space between himself and the defender
  • He can make a difficult catch
  • Seems to know the plays and be where his QB expects him to be
  • He's quick to make yards after the catch
  • He showed confidence and enthusiasm
Next steps -- consistency and doing it against the best opponents like Michigan

When the QB is not getting pressured and is throwing bullseye's, any WR will look good.

Is this what we’ve been waiting for? He’s had to adjust based on limited timing because of his arrival, but is this the moment we see the #1 WR we all thought we recruited from the TP?

Not saying he HAS TO at this point, but it’d be big. Especially with him having an additional year of eligibility.
He certainly looked a lot more comfortable. He wasn’t wondering around aimlessly…..Looked like he “belonged” in the system. —Should only get better, IMO

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Interesting to see a two TE, two WR set for most of the game. TEs still can’t block. Warren whiffs quite a lot. OL just has to give Allar time.

Interesting to see a two TE, two WR set for most of the game. TEs still can’t block. Warren whiffs quite a lot. OL just has to give Allar time.
I said it in a different message thread that we dominated yesterday, but my only critique is the downfield blocking is just Flippin pitiful. These tight ends remind me of Strange in his junior year. The coaches really worked with him in the off-season to make him a competent blocker in his final season.

I said it in a different message thread that we dominated yesterday, but my only critique is the downfield blocking is just Flippin pitiful. These tight ends remind me of Strange in his junior year. The coaches really worked with him in the off-season to make him a competent blocker in his final season.
Strange is continuing to block very well @ Jacksonville and is receiving alot of PT. Maybe Howle (PSU TE coach) needs to hammer home that point to Warren & Johnson.

He certainly looked a lot more comfortable. He wasn’t wondering around aimlessly…..Looked like he “belonged” in the system. —Should only get better, IMO
Now if we can get Mega…..Miega……er, the transfer from Florida up to speed we would have a great set of receivers.

Reactions: m.knox
Goes to show how important confidence is. I wonder in he doesnt have a breakout game if that TD call is NOT overturned

Reactions: ncgolfer
Hopefully Cephus and Lambert Smite come back next year could be a really good combo.

Goes to show how important confidence is. I wonder in he doesnt have a breakout game if that TD call is NOT overturned
I could not agree more. Drew desperately needed a good game on the road and he delivered big yesterday. I really look for Allar to come on strong now. A terrific game against Michigan (he’ll need help) and his confidence and future performance will likely be off the charts good. Consistently good.

Reactions: Obliviax

He certainly whiffed on a WR screen to #1.

That said, it was good to see #3 emerge. He looked that first TD catch right into his arms. Good catch on a good ball.

Now if we can get Mega…..Miega……er, the transfer from Florida up to speed we would have a great set of receivers.

What's the status on Wallace? I would have bet a broken collar bone when he got up, but I hadn't heard anything.

What's the status on Wallace? I would have bet a broken collar bone when he got up, but I hadn't heard anything.
He wasn’t seen on the sideline from the reports I saw. Chop was there though, but not dressed.

He wasn’t seen on the sideline from the reports I saw. Chop was there though, but not dressed.
I thought the same on Wallace. Hopefully just a fracture and not a complete break. Fracture is probably 4 weeks minimum. Break would be 8. I broke my collarbone ( 2 fractures on same bone) playing football the day of 83 sugar bowl. When Garrity caught the bomb in the endzone I clapped and it hurt worse than when it broke.

Hoping chop was a mild concussion and he'll be back for UM. We need him. He's a difference maker on D.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT