ADVERTISEMENT

Devyn Ford: future as a slot receiver?

giphy.gif

I guess we could ask the question:
Is Ricky Slade better suited to be a slot receiver?

With the multi-year talent at Running Back (esp. if Miles comes back) it is reasonable to find a way to get more than one highly talented back on the field at the same time.

Reactions: anon_1eeb2b426hv3y
Is the producer of these highlight videos associated with the University? Do they use the same rap video for all of them? Getting old (and I'm not referring to me, albeit.....). And get off my lawn.

Reactions: LionJim and N&B4PSU
Or how about with all these stud running backs we are getting we start recruiting and signing fullbacks.. ala Michael Zordich....

Reactions: FJ47
I guess we could ask the question:
Is Ricky Slade better suited to be a slot receiver?

With the multi-year talent at Running Back (esp. if Miles comes back) it is reasonable to find a way to get more than one highly talented back on the field at the same time.
Great RBs can catch the ball too. And given how fast he seems to be... take the skilled and mix the through skill positions if possible.

Reactions: N&B4PSU
Slade said before last year that he would play some slot WR but never materialized. All set there with KJ and others.

Ricky is fine where he's at, he can be electric with the ball in his hands but to me he is a valuable complimentary piece to an explosive offense. They've got a banger in Miles (if he stays) and another banger coming in Cain, not to mention Ford. You see what UGA does with Swift and Holyfield now and Chubb, Michel and Swift in 2017. Bama usually has two high end backs as well that get the ball. Ohio St had Weber and Dobbins. This is what it takes. Rare are guys like Zeke and Saquon that should basically never come off the field.

Reactions: Ceasar and 81b&w
Slade is quick and has big time explosion similar to Barkley. His vision and balance looks real good too. He would be wasted as a slot receiver.

You have already seen more split back sets and you will see even more ot them. This will shorten the time of the RPO execution while adding a third player starting in the backfield to RPO option sometimes, while at other times there will be a single back set. I believe all these backs will get to function (at times) as a moving slot reciever in Rahnes Offense. Time will tell. I would like to see PSU add a tackle elegible to the mix on occassion with Friermuth on the opposite side of the field in the red zone.

I think we now have the chance to see an even more versatile and prolific offense than when JoMo and SB were here.

Reactions: royboy
Oh, Sweet Baby Jeebzus.

You rant and take pot shots at posters that are giving Rahne any credit at all exposes your mental age, that of a 'terrible two' year old.

What I described is what Nick Saban does. You worship at his feet but troll people here who are watching closely the direction of this program post Barkley and managed by CJF, Rahne, etc.

Since you are the most fixated, myopic and hypocritical poster on the board You are awarded my annual meth head poster of the year award for 2018. Here is a reminder that may cut down on police visits to your cardboard box of residence: Foil is not a smart choice for curtains.

Last edited:
Reactions: catknight
It's interesting that they let Devyn wear the #22 jersey when he visited PSU considering it's retired.

Or how about with all these stud running backs we are getting we start recruiting and signing fullbacks.. ala Michael Zordich....

Where would a fullback play in our offense? What position because there is no fullback in our offense. I mean, we can recruit fullbacks but they would either sit the bench or be converted to RB. So why not just recruit RB?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT