ADVERTISEMENT

Describe HR in one word

How-people-feel-about-Iowa-MEME.jpg

why are you guys so obsessed with us? We pack an arena every night yet you all have your little gym setup going on.

Reactions: mcpat
Just saying we care about the sport and our team at higher levels. Of course our judgment is going to be affected and there will be a lot of homers.
Let's see about your coaches "judgement" about who he decides to wrestle RBY this season...

why are you guys so obsessed with us? We pack an arena every night yet you all have your little gym setup going on.
HR packs an arena?
Iowa wrestling fans occasionally pack Carver, but hell even on a good night HR couldn't half fill CSU Fieldhouse. The obsession you allude to is making fun of the ridiculousness of HR. There is a marked difference between the average Hawkeye wrestling fan and the typical HR poster. Well, except for the universal conditioned need to begin chanting "heeeeessssttttaaaalllliiiinnn" at the sight of a black singlet.

Let’s be honest. This thread has been waiting for someone like NCHawk55 to to respond. JRod and Madden were too friendly and kind to say too much. But let’s give NCHawk55 some rope here.
Who is providing the tree limb. It can't be matter, he is hanging out on the thinnest one in the tree.

You have a point. Then again what else is there to do in that whole friggin state. Top 5 wrestling, versus the shopping cart derby down at the ole PigglyWiggly. Easy choice.

Nah just kidding State College isn't a happening major metropolis either.

I live in California where I have the choice of needles or excrement on the side walks, tent cities in every city that may soon be larger than the brick and mortar, flash mob robberies, whole neighborhoods where noone has a catalytic convertertable, blackouts, brownouts, earthquakes, wildfires, Teslas everywhere with nowhere to charge them, he/she/they/them/it to the point you really don't know what anyone is, highest income tax, highest housing prices, highest gas tax, CBD, LSD, Fentanil in ice cream, ....

Holy shit I think I would love to fly out and see a match at Carver before I put a gun to my head.

You have a point. Then again what else is there to do in that whole friggin state. Top 5 wrestling, versus the shopping cart derby down at the ole PigglyWiggly. Easy choice.

Nah just kidding State College isn't a major metropolis either.

I live in California where I have the choice of needles or excrement on the side walks, tent cities in every city that may soon be larger than the brick and mortar, flash mob robberies, whole neighborhoods where noone has a catalytic convertertable, blackouts, brownouts, earthquakes, wildfires, Teslas everywhere with nowhere to charge them, he/she/they/them/it to the point you really don't know what anyone is, highest income tax, highest housing prices, highest gas tax, CBD, LSD, Fentanil in ice cream, ....

Holy shit I think I would love to fly out and see a match at Carver before I put a gun to my head.
Shoot man. When did u develop a stutter?

Last edited:
HR packs an arena?
Iowa wrestling fans occasionally pack Carver, but hell even on a good night HR couldn't half fill CSU Fieldhouse. The obsession you allude to is making fun of the ridiculousness of HR. There is a marked difference between the average Hawkeye wrestling fan and the typical HR poster. Well, except for the universal conditioned need to begin chanting "heeeeessssttttaaaalllliiiinnn" at the sight of a black singlet.
Well then, don’t go to the site. Someone have a gun to your head? Text me your location and I can have someone there to help in 30.

Let’s be honest. This thread has been waiting for someone like NCHawk55 to to respond. JRod and Madden were too friendly and kind to say too much. But let’s give NCHawk55 some rope here.
You don’t think I’m friendly and kind? I almost cared that you thought poorly of me. Start a thread about the Hawks, I’ll show up. And I am a pretty civil man.

Reactions: mcpat

Nah just kidding State College isn't a happening major metropolis either.

You can say that again!

umm… do these really exist? and if so where exactly?

asking for a friend..

It's kind of like a spectacle you can't look away from. Like a train wreck. You have no control over the situation but you still have to watch it unfold lol. Jefe, roll out the dump truck and concrete wall

Let's see about your coaches "judgement" about who he decides to wrestle RBY this season...
I'll catch u up then: Teske transferred to Iowa to wrestle 133, so that Iowa could get a few more points at Nationals, because Shriever wasn't going to bring in any. Teske will wrestle at 133 for Iowa against RBY. RBY is going to mop the mat with either one of them, so your coach is going to duck RBY and sit Teske out. There ya go! On the house! All caught up now.

It's kind of like a spectacle you can't look away from. Like a train wreck. You have no control over the situation but you still have to watch it unfold lol. Jefe, roll out the dump truck and concrete wall

Exactly. It is a March ritual to visit HR on each day of the tournament and watch it go from day 1 optimism to day 2 despondency to day 3 anger. Its like watching the first birds return home after a long winter. You know it is going to happen every year yet it is still a joy to see.

Exactly. It is a March ritual to visit HR on each day of the tournament and watch it go from day 1 optimism to day 2 despondency to day 3 anger. Its like watching the first birds return home after a long winter. You know it is going to happen every year yet it is still a joy to see.
Exactly. It's a beautiful, amazing thing to see. I always head over to gather up all the Iowa tears then I mix them with my Championship champagne...so delicious 😋

Well then, don’t go to the site. Someone have a gun to your head? Text me your location and I can have someone there to help in 30.
I don't go often anymore, but enough to know Cael's success continues to squeeze the electricity right out of the collective neural network. Plus knowing that success creates such anguish over there makes poking fun at the complete silliness that is HR rather fun.

We need HR. If every day is a sunny day...What's a sunny day? Eddie Murphy explained it well in the Vampire in Brooklyn movie years ago.

Almost every year the sky is falling thread pops up here as well. It would be a fine line to say whose are the most ridiculous.
Thank goodness ours gets squashed quickly..

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT