ADVERTISEMENT

Desanto gets 1 match suspension

Seriously post 327. Dont know how i missed that. Just a hypothetical question do you think Brands does this against a top team. Of course they would have wrestle one first.
I don't care if it's against a top team or not. I think not competing, having to sit watching his teammates will be tough on him. It needed to be done and done now, no matter who the next opponent was.

Don't disagree it should happen, the question is does it happen against a top team.
I don't care if it's against a top team or not. I think not competing, having to sit watching his teammates will be tough on him. It needed to be done and done now, no matter who the next opponent was.

Reactions: danoftw
Don't disagree it should happen, the question is does it happen against a top team.
Who knows? After Maryland the Duckeyes have Indiana, Wisconsin, Oklahoma State.

The real question is what happens if DeSanto gets penalized another team point for his behavior? The Iowa AD, Brands and DeSanto have probably had that conversation (maybe not all of them together).

1 question 1 observation
Saw on another site that ADS was already suspended by rule for having unsportsmanlike in back to back events. Could not find this in NCAA Rules, any idea if this is factual?

I think Brands may have painted himself into a corner on this one. If ADS does this again (even at B1Gs or NCAAs) with a precedent set, Tom will have to punish him again and more harshly....

When your coaches are fiery and hyper competitive, and bordering on the edge of control at times, telling refs they suck, et al....no one should be shocked when a wrestler who has a history of behavioral issues, acts out.

If this decision came from Iowa's athletic director, perhaps he should be directing TnT to keep themselves under control first, and lead by example.

Reactions: danoftw and ccdiver
One other possibility to consider. Gable might have given Brands a strong suggestion. I don't know what Gable's current involvement is with the Iowa program, but I am certain that Brands would take Gable very seriously on any advice about the team.

Reactions: naddabluechip

He sat out a week or so ago, despite weighing in.

1 question 1 observation
Saw on another site that ADS was already suspended by rule for having unsportsmanlike in back to back events. Could not find this in NCAA Rules, any idea if this is factual?

I think Brands may have painted himself into a corner on this one. If ADS does this again (even at B1Gs or NCAAs) with a precedent set, Tom will have to punish him again and more harshly....

Supposedly, at least according to HR, he was not suspended for the unsportsmanlike penalties because he did weigh in for that bout, just didn’t wrestle. There was a question if the second point deduction was actually against AD or TB when TB ran on to the mat to corral him. Either way it was caused by his action but the point deduction might have been against the coach.

He took little Suzie to the Junior Prom
Excitable boy, they all said

And he raped her and killed her, then he took her home

Well, he's just an excitable boy

After ten long years they let him out of the home

And he dug up her grave and built a cage with her bones

Reactions: danoftw
He took little Suzie to the Junior Prom

And he raped her and killed her, then he took her home

After ten long years they let him out of the home

And he dug up her grave and built a cage with her bones

Nice to see Culture make it to BWI. Who doesn't love Maya Angelou's Poetry?...……:)

What will Brands do if he does it again in the last match before big 10s, or during? The precedent has now been set. My guess is Jack .....

My hope is this is the last time. I enjoy watching him wrestle.

Reactions: Dogwelder
What will Brands do if he does it again in the last match before big 10s, or during? The precedent has now been set. My guess is Jack .....

My hope is this is the last time. I enjoy watching him wrestle.

Who the heck is Jack? And why drag his name through the spit?(alleged....but on film ). Not Cool...……..:)

Reactions: PSU Fan in TN
One other possibility to consider. Gable might have given Brands a strong suggestion. I don't know what Gable's current involvement is with the Iowa program, but I am certain that Brands would take Gable very seriously on any advice about the team.

You would assume incorrectly. Brands and Gable are not too close these days to put it lightly. Gable has a much better relationship with Dresser than he does with Brands at this point.

Reactions: pointingdogsrule
You would assume incorrectly. Brands and Gable are not too close these days to put it lightly. Gable has a much better relationship with Dresser than he does with Brands at this point.

Tom or Terry or both? Can you speculate as to why?

Brands may be more concerned AD does something to physically hurt another wrestler or ref. He should have been harshly disciplined on the spot for the kimura he slapped on Micic

Being a young kid or not, he's a loose cannon and not sure what hes capable of doing. The warning signs have been there for a while. Iowa take notice

Reactions: ccdiver
The last guy who brought up a president got scolded and called dirty names.
Guess he forgot to add the smily face.
The trick seems to be to be “not too soon”. Can’t bring up a recent one. I listened to a history podcaster who said it’s okay to write a book about the good things that Genghis Khan caused, but it’s not okay to write the similar book for Hitler. (Not that anyone would want to.) Because toosoon.

The trick seems to be to be “not too soon”. Can’t bring up a recent one. I listened to a history podcaster who said it’s okay to write a book about the good things that Genghis Khan caused, but it’s not okay to write the similar book for Hitler. (Not that anyone would want to.) Because toosoon.

Lesson learned, thanks Dog

Reactions: Dogwelder
Tom or Terry or both? Can you speculate as to why?

I can. Tom is slowly cementing Gable's famed program in to mediocrity and can't put into action the advice and criticism that Gable has given him over the years. Terry still wears a stone washed jean jacket with an iron on Whitesnake patch on the back and occasionally dones a mullet.

I can. Tom is slowly cementing Gable's famed program in to mediocrity and can't put into action the advice and criticism that Gable has given him over the years. Terry still wears a stone washed jean jacket with an iron on Whitesnake patch on the back and occasionally dones a mullet.

If Gable wanted to run the program, he should not have left. Brands is the coach and Gable should not offer advice unless it is sought.

If Gable wanted to run the program, he should not have left. Brands is the coach and Gable should not offer advice unless it is sought.

Serious question from a guy who started following after TNT were actually wrestling... Were TNT always this criticized? Did Gable leave the program to them because he respected them? I agree Gable should not be offering advice unless it is sought, but I kinda feel for the guy when these two mat monkeys are takin this program down a different path than he envisioned.

Personally I favored the Federalist party the best then the Bull Moose party. Those days were tougher back when Resolite made mats of straw and student announcers did not worry about the wrestler's headsets coming off in collar ties.

How prevalent were Illegal fist to the back calls in the days of yore?

Serious question from a guy who started following after TNT were actually wrestling... Were TNT always this criticized? Did Gable leave the program to them because he respected them? I agree Gable should not be offering advice unless it is sought, but I kinda feel for the guy when these two mat monkeys are takin this program down a different path than he envisioned.

Google Jim Zalesky

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT