ADVERTISEMENT

Delonte West takes brutal beating

Him saying he’s afraid to walk down the street because he’s a black man in America and he’s afraid of the police is NOT intelligent discourse.
I beg to differ IMHO he is trying to make a point that nobody is above having to worry about it and he was including his family with that. His interview after game 4 Denver I believe. Was exceptionally articulate and he was wiping away some tears with his towel as he was walking away talking about that. I can except other peoples values and opinions if I believe their heart is in the right place even if I don't believe what they are saying myself. The political flame throwers are doing for money and ratings you can tell by the manner they try to persuade and all it is doing is dividing our country further. Nothing noble about that and as such I have no respect for it.

Reactions: smealpsu2005
I beg to differ IMHO he is trying to make a point that nobody is above having to worry about it and he was including his family with that. His interview after game 4 Denver I believe. Was exceptionally articulate and he was wiping away some tears with his towel as he was walking away talking about that. I can except other peoples values and opinions if I believe their heart is in the right place even if I don't believe what they are saying myself. The political flame throwers are doing for money and ratings you can tell by the manner they try to persuade and all it is doing is dividing our country further. Nothing noble about that and as such I have no respect for it.
I guarantee I’m in more danger walking down the street than LeBron James, both from the police and the criminals. He is absolutely above having to worry about it and him complaining about that would be like Oprah complaining about being oppressed....oh wait, never mind on that point. He has been treated like a god since he was 12 years old....he wouldn’t know unfair treatment if it bit him in the ass.

I guarantee I’m in more danger walking down the street than LeBron James, both from the police and the criminals. He is absolutely above having to worry about it and him complaining about that would be like Oprah complaining about being oppressed....oh wait, never mind on that point. He has been treated like a god since he was 12 years old....he wouldn’t know unfair treatment if it bit him in the ass.
Again your missing the point. He includes his family in that and I don't think he is complaining but rather trying to bring light to a situation he sees as a problem. I couldn't pick his wife out , his children or mom except maybe and I stress the maybe Bronny Jr. So why would most people know them. Lebron himself yes although there have been instances of athletes having problems. And as far as criminals Michael Jordan's dad was killed by a criminal don't forget. and he is arguably the most famous person on the planet or at the very least he was at the time.

Reactions: smealpsu2005
Again your missing the point. He includes his family in that and I don't think he is complaining but rather trying to bring light to a situation he sees as a problem. I couldn't pick his wife out , his children or mom except maybe and I stress the maybe Bronny Jr. So why would most people know them. Lebron himself yes although there have been instances of athletes having problems. And as far as criminals Michael Jordan's dad was killed by a criminal don't forget. and he is arguably the most famous person on the planet or at the very least he was at the time.
LeBron doesn’t live in an area where his children or wife have to worry. Guarded communities are pretty safe.

I take a more nuanced approach. A poster here, last week, suggested an officer demanded his ID when he didn't have one as a passenger of a car. I have an acquaintance, I posted on the test board, that got arrested by an officer for OVI even though she passed both a breath and urine test. In both cases, I believe, the person was white. If they were black, it would be thought this happened because they are black. Cops have gotten out of hand and if it was with a minority, that is what is what would be blamed.

There is no doubt racism. There no doubt needs to be reform. But that reform isn't with street cops, it is with you and me. It is with prosecutors, judges and probation officers. We've lost sight of doing the right thing and using common sense. And, yes, the black culture needs to develop some leadership that is willing to address what is wrong. We can't have Cardi B be the leader. We can't have most NBA or NFL players be leaders. We need someone to set standards and begin to admonish people that have several baby momas, take drugs, loot, want violence...etc. I love that LBJ has spoken up and has been a leader by using his personal life as an example. But it has to go further than that. People aren't willing to invest until they see that there is an opportunity for improvement. As an example, I've helped out several addicted people (of different kinds) but I never invest that time if that person is blaming others and isn't willing to admit a big part of the problem is their own. WIthout that admonition, AA or any other treatment is useless.

If we want to fix the problem, we have to include violence in Chicago, LA and all other cities as PART of the problem. We don't see this in Little Korea or Chinatown. We have seen successful assimilation of other minorities who lived through very tough times (Korea, Vietnamese, Japanese). It can be done but it will take an inside/outside and outside/inside effort.

LeBron doesn’t live in an area where his children or wife have to worry. Guarded communities are pretty safe.

I remember reading years ago that lebron had a 3500-sq-ft closet in his master bedroom when he played for Cleveland. No doubt he can relate to the average African American.

Reactions: AWS1022
I remember reading years ago that lebron had a 3500-sq-ft closet in his master bedroom when he played for Cleveland. No doubt he can relate to the average African American.
Now that’s what I call roughing it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT