ADVERTISEMENT

Delaware/PSU will be on Peacock

For real fans, it’ll NEVER be easy to not see a game. Surely you remember the days when radio was the only option to catch a game.
Rather pay the travel costs abd watch in person. This is a Trojan horse to get pay for view on all fb and bb games. I will not watch. It will be on YouTube later.

Note that Peacock will also begin carrying Big Ten basketball games this winter (and will be showing the first night of the Big Ten Tourney, which will most likely include us).
BigTen network won't air the first round of the B10 tourney?

Btw, have some confidence. We can finish in the top 10 of the conference for hoops next season!

Reactions: bison13

Btw, have some confidence. We can finish in the top 10 of the conference for hoops next season!
Part of the Peacock deal is that they will carry the Wednesday night games starting this year (in addition to a lot of regular season games).

I agree that we “can” avoid Wednesday, but it’ll be tough.

As for Peacock, I’m glad that I have the opportunity to purchase it (though I have it anyway with the amount of Premier League games they show)…whereas something like PAC-10 Network, I’d need to switch TV providers, and I miss out on a lot of games I’d like to see.

When USC/UCLA join there will be two more games the opening day to accommodate a larger number of teams. I think that the BTN will carry the two first round games in 2024 (next year) but the two extra games in 2025 and beyond will go to Peacock such that it will be two games on BTN and the evening two on Peacock.

Reactions: bison13
When USC/UCLA join there will be two more games the opening day to accommodate a larger number of teams. I think that the BTN will carry the two first round games in 2024 (next year) but the two extra games in 2025 and beyond will go to Peacock such that it will be two games on BTN and the evening two on Peacock.
Peacock is carrying the Wednesday night doubleheader this year. Then BTN Thursday/Friday, and CBS Saturday/Sunday.

Also, when Apple TV has a national baseball game, you just need an Apple account and there's no charge for the game.
That was true last year but I think you have to pay this year.

Many of the games are being aired on BTN and FS1 - these channels are not included on all "Basic Cable" packages across the country. IOW, you have to pay for these channels in many areas of the Country. People have had to pay to see B1G games (depending on where they live) since BTN was formed by the B1G, so not sure why you're acting like this is something new.
I know - everyone moaning and claiming this is somehow ppv? First it’s not ppv. And second - unless you’ve been picking up games over an antenna ya’ll have been paying to watch games via your cable subscription for years.
Also if you have a Roku it’s literally 2 clicks to cancel subscriptions to any channel/app you subscribe to. If you can’t remember to set a reminder on your phone to cancel - or write it on your calendar - that’s on you. Canceling services is very easy these days, but keep on believing it’s somehow rocket science.
If you want to bring up the price / market let me ask this - how much is your cable bill going to go down if/when more games move to streaming?

Last edited:
Reactions: doctornick
Its Delaware. So not really an enticing matchup. Any Power 5 opponent PSU (and quite a few non P5) would make it an easy decision to pay $4.99 dollars to watch the game in HD. The only thing controversial for me is the lousy opponent. Im not sure if I want to sit at home and watch it.

I can loan you the $5 if things are tight.
Has nothing to do with things being tight. I just am not going to go out of my way to pay for a subscription just to watch one football game. I'll catch the highlights later.

Reactions: NC2017
For real fans, it’ll NEVER be easy to not see a game. Surely you remember the days when radio was the only option to catch a game.
It actually does get easier to not watch them. Typically my son has a travel soccer game that we are usually at. I watch games when I can, but they are getting fewer and fewer.

Reactions: Ski
It actually does get easier to not watch them. Typically my son has a travel soccer game that we are usually at. I watch games when I can, but they are getting fewer and fewer.
Like I said before, every game they make pay per view loses watchers for 1 game. Keep charging and sone people will find out that they don't miss it.

If you’re watching the game through a cable subscription - by your logic you’re watching pay per view.
LMAOROFL. OK, for a charge in addition to cable charges. Valid point; we are getting very hear to proce elasticity effects. I will never pay to watch. I can watch the entire replay on YouTube thr next week. I was raised dirt poor by a valiant, beautiful single mother.
I live well. There are a lot of things that I can afford that I avoid to honor my mother.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
LMAOROFL. OK, for a charge in addition to cable charges. Valid point; we are getting very hear to proce elasticity effects. I will never pay to watch. I can watch the entire replay on YouTube thr next week. I was raised dirt poor by a valiant, beautiful single mother.
I live well. There are a lot of things that I can afford that I avoid to honor my mother.

Peacock was included on my basic cable for years - I just got notification that the cable company is switching to MAX being included and Peacock is switching to a subscription service at the end of this month... however, Peacock is going to reduce their subscription cost to $2.99 per month for first 12 months for existing customers who previously had gotten service for free for several years. I think I'm going to get it as $2.99 a month is pretty reasonable.

Reactions: JimNazium
Should have been more specific - I wasn’t referring to the Delaware game but to any PSU game you are or have watched on cable. As you’re paying for a cable subscription that’s technically pay per view if you believe that’s what a subscription to Peacock is.

I find it ironic that people brag about how much money the B1G makes for their member schools in comparison to other conferences, and then turn around and are completely dumbfounded when the B1G finds new channels for making said money.

Reactions: PS4814
I find it ironic that people brag about how much money the B1G makes for their member schools in comparison to other conferences, and then turn around and are completely dumbfounded when the B1G finds new channels for making said money.
kinda wish all the games were on peacock. it is five dollars per month.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT