ADVERTISEMENT

Dan Patrick Reporting Mutual Interest Franklin and U$C

Aren’t you a contributing statistic to the downward trend?

I am. But I still love the city and shake my head when people cheer on it’s decline. There are so many great people in that city and yeah, lots of trash too. But that can be said for pretty much anywhere but in NYC it’s amplified both ways.

I moved because my wife was pregnant and we wanted to be closer to family. So we sold our 2 bed, bought a condo in jersey and now have a house. I don’t regret it for a second but that doesn’t mean I would never go back.

But I love NYC and always will.

Ah, so you admit defeat.
Hardly. The NYC population is falling - free fall since the pandemic. The fact that you love NYC does not change the math. But bravo for you…hopefully you will get a chance to go back some day.

Reactions: AWS1022
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — New numbers from the U.S. Census Bureau show a decline in New York's population. The New York City Metro Area lost about 108,000 residents or about 0.5%. That was a greater number than 2019 when population fell by about 60,000.May 8, 2021
The metro area goes way outside the city limits — even including Pike Co, PA. The city itself increased by ~600k since 2010.

NYC metro area

Jimbo was 5-6 and the writing was on the wall. He got out before they booted him out. He didn’t jump because he chose to, he jumped because he didn’t want to get fired.

Yeah because A&M doesn't print cash. He got a huge pay raise and upgrade in conference, facilities and well everything else. He was lucky to get out of Dodge.

Also Nick Saban didn't take the Texas job or was ever rumored to be seriously considering it according to media outlets.

Jimbo was 5-6 and the writing was on the wall. He got out before they booted him out. He didn’t jump because he chose to, he jumped because he didn’t want to get fired.
Jimbo also had some personal family issues going on…. It was quite embarrassing for him

Last edited:
Another thought. Is it fair to expect CJF to blindly reject or not give consideration or discussion by his representatives to potential suiters? Yet even after 11 win seasons NY 6 bowl appearances and upset victories vs ranked teams on the road...Franklin is subjected to inane criticism.....4 day threads dissecting time outs......but he should never entertain interest from other institutions.
He would get the same no matter where he goes.

giphy.gif

In other words, he’s telling the media to quit asking stupid questions, but they’re not smart enough to catch on. “Hey James, are you going to address the rumors that we started about a job that hasn’t even been discussed with you yet?”

He’s totally right too. Nothing he says publicly will please anyone anyway; so, keep it internal and what happens happens. Can’t argue with that.

He’s totally right too. Nothing he says publicly will please anyone anyway; so, keep it internal and what happens happens. Can’t argue with that.
And if he comes out and says he has no interest in the USC job, then the USC AD comes out and says we never intended to pursue Franklin, then James looks like as big an idiot as Narduzzi.

Yep, James fired Helton, then contacted the Atlantic, Dan Patrick, ESPN etc. and told them to float his name as a favorite for the USC job.
James did NOT fire anybody BUT he takes advantage of any situation to help himself. Now James did not contact anybody but his agent sure as hell did.

James did NOT fire anybody BUT he takes advantage of any situation to help himself. Now James did not contact anybody but his agent sure as hell did.
So you have proof that Franklin's agent contacted "someone?" Source?
Let the first person cast a stone who has not "taken advantage" of circumstances when they arise to enhance their careers! If CJF can leverage any situation to advance the PSU program (better facilities, bigger recruiting budget, higher pay for position coaches and coordinators, and yes pad his own wallet) how does that not make the PSU Football Program better, for his successor, should he leave, or for him if he stays?

Reactions: MacNit07
In other words, he’s telling the media to quit asking stupid questions, but they’re not smart enough to catch on. “Hey James, are you going to address the rumors that we started about a job that hasn’t even been discussed with you yet?”
Reporters stop asking questions that he won't answer (eventually). Evidence the "missing" players......
If a scribe wants to waste the one question they get to ask something he won't expand on.....they shoot blanks. A pretty effective strategy I think.

And if he comes out and says he has no interest in the USC job, then the USC AD comes out and says we never intended to pursue Franklin, then James looks like as big an idiot as Narduzzi.
And looking like as big of an idiot as Narduzzi is no small feat.

Reactions: AWS1022
Hardly. I posted the graph and the percentage decrease last year, you just don’t choose to believe it.

You posted some random website that stops at 2019. The US census says between 2010 and 2020, NYC has grown. And I am sure by 2030, it will keep growing.

Hardly. The NYC population is falling - free fall since the pandemic. The fact that you love NYC does not change the math. But bravo for you…hopefully you will get a chance to go back some day.
On another thread we had a booster of NYC trashing Jackson Hole of all places because you can’t get a decent deli sandwich there.
Let’s see - the Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, world class skiing, hiking, fishing, etc vs getting yelled at by annoying NY deli owners to hurry up with your order.

Skiing powder in the Ho-backs > goofy Broadway plays

Reactions: Ranger Dan
On another thread we had a booster of NYC trashing Jackson Hole of all places because you can’t get a decent deli sandwich there.
Let’s see - the Grand Tetons, Yellowstone, world class skiing, hiking, fishing, etc vs getting yelled at by annoying NY deli owners to hurry up with your order.

Franklin to Wyoming?

Why does it have to be an either or? Both are wonderful places. I love Jackson Hole. I wouldn't want to live there because it would be difficult for me to get to see my family as easily, but I would love to retire there. Also, I ate there and actually watched a Penn State game, and the food was fantastic.

Its sort of what is wrong with this country right now. People in the country want to shit on city folks and city folks want to shit on the country folks. Both are fantastic if they are right for you.

Reactions: 81b&w and PSU87
You posted some random website that stops at 2019. The US census says between 2010 and 2020, NYC has grown. And I am sure by 2030, it will keep growing.
The percentage decline I posted was for 2020. Of course it’s grown since 2010, but it peaked in 2016 and has fallen since. So it grew for six years then dropped for the last four and you’re going to argue the population is growing because of where it was in 2010. I guess Michigan is the best team today because they have the most wins of all time.

Skiing powder in the Ho-backs > goofy Broadway plays
No sandwich for you!

The percentage decline I posted was for 2020. Of course it’s grown since 2010, but it peaked in 2016 and has fallen since. So it grew for six years then dropped for the last four and you’re going to argue the population is growing because of where it was in 2010. I guess Michigan is the best team today because they have the most wins of all time.

um is the best program all time for all reasons except their play on the field when it really matters.

um hype:

Helmets: First used at Princeton. Brought to um. Fail.

Big House: Morgue. Overrated. Fail.

Most wins all-time: Beat up on lousy big ten teams for decades. Mediocre bowl record. A half a national championship since 1947. Fail.

um = Fail

Reactions: Ranger Dan
Bigger issue/threat to PSU may be the LSU job if/when it opens.
My first reaction would be that the location might not be the place he would want his family to live. Cali has its ups and downs.....but if you have money there are lots of nice places to live and blend in with celebrities, career and educational opportunities (for the daughters). Not sure about the deep south.

Reactions: Midnighter2
um is the best program all time for all reasons except their play on the field when it really matters.

um hype:

Helmets: First used at Princeton. Brought to um. Fail.

Big House: Morgue. Overrated. Fail.

Most wins all-time: Beat up on lousy big ten teams for decades. Mediocre bowl record. A half a national championship since 1947. Fail.

um = Fail
The criteria to determine that Michigan is the best college football all time.....would be the same criteria used to talk about Pitt as a CFB "blueblood." Players stopped folding up their helmets and putting them in their back pockets after games a long time ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT