ADVERTISEMENT

D2 Portal Lineman Herron Flips

I don't see why a team can't be successful going old school without leaning solely on the portal. This staff does a nice job of identifying young talent imo...

The bigger question is if they can keep players.

Reactions: 81b&w
I don't see why a team can't be successful going old school without leaning solely on the portal. This staff does a nice job of identifying young talent imo...

Because you have to fill holes...see WR...as there's no allowance for rebuilding in this era. You must win.

Strange as it may seem in today’s college football, if you keep all your players without any of them entering the portal you may have a completely different problem.

Reactions: PennState_one
Because you have to fill holes...see WR...as there's no allowance for rebuilding in this era. You must win.
I definitely get all of that, but they filled a giant hole just with the offensive play caller already. We will see, but this could prove a major reason the WR room lacked.

I do firmly believe that our WR's weren't as bad as they appeared. Something was clearly off and the way Franklin talked about Yurcich was telling. Only time will tell at this point.

I definitely get all of that, but they filled a giant hole just with the offensive play caller already. We will see, but this could prove a major reason the WR room lacked.

I do firmly believe that our WR's weren't as bad as they appeared. Something was clearly off and the way Franklin talked about Yurcich was telling. Only time will tell at this point.
I'm very happy with the change at OC but I think it's very important that we add competition to the WR room. Their issues went beyond the OC last year. Coaching can obviously help but they've been active on the portal looking for a WR for a reason. Can't miss on all of them or criticism is deserved.

Losing a D2 OL isn't a big deal

Agree... Think of all the relationships Franklin has had with assistant coaches that left and continues to have with them... Yurcich and his gig defied reason... He did this shit elsewhere, too.

If Trautwein believed Herron was worthy of a scholarship to play oline for PSU then I can't see how this flip is not a loss. The good thing is that there is plenty of time to find a replacement OT to add depth to the roster for 2024. Herron had to be ahead in his development as compared to 2024 high school recruits so hopefully Trautwein and Franklin will find a OT player with some experience to add to the OT depth at OT for 2024 and more so for 2025 and 2026..

If Trautwein believed Herron was worthy of a scholarship to play oline for PSU then I can't see how this flip is not a loss. The good thing is that there is plenty of time to find a replacement OT to add depth to the roster for 2024. Herron had to be ahead in his development as compared to 2024 high school recruits so hopefully Trautwein and Franklin will find a OT player with some experience to add to the OT depth at OT for 2024 and more so for 2025 and 2026..
Agree but no matter... Losing a player this flippant cannot be a great loss to me. No matter how gifted a player is it takes discipline, hard work and dedication to craft to succeed at this level.

He prefers playing in front of small crowds, to NOT playing in front of big ones.

Reactions: royboy
Not only can’t he beat Franklin, the games fall under the category of a$$ whippings.

shooter-mcgavin-happy-gilmore.gif

For every coach that wins there's one that loses. I don't believe the win at all costs that you do
Win at all costs? You have holes on your team and you use the portal to fill those is "win at all costs"?
Are you being dramatic here?
See Bama. See Georgia. They're the standard. Even Ohio State. 10-2 is the floor of what is acceptable.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT