ADVERTISEMENT

COVID vaccine: who has had it?

Got some great advice... take an instant heating packet, like what you put in your ski gloves, and press it on your injection site for 10 minutes shortly before you get your shot. It warms the muscle and makes the tearing of the muscle at the injection site easier to withstand. I did this today and 12 hours later so far absolutely no soreness
The shot is not why it hurts, it’s because your body is fighting the foreign invader that just entered the system.

https://www.bustle.com/wellness/why-does-arm-hurt-post-covid-vaccine

I did get localized pain at the site of yesterday's injection this morning, but the needle is six inches long, so that wasnt surprising. Put some aspercreme and cbd gell on the area, and the pain went away.

Just kidding about the needle size. It was pretty small and painless.

Had my second moderna dose yesterday. First one was sore arm and general lethargy. Second one kicked my ass. Pretty legit fever from 10pm to 4am. It broke and I am feeling a bit better, still a bit tired. Not a fun 6-8 hours. But on the good side it was only 6-8 hours

Reactions: psu00 and TheGLOV
For the greater audience. Information sharing. Any side effects? Any issues?

got mine tonight. Wife got hers 3 days ago. No side effects or issues for her, nothing initially for me but I’ll report back if we get anything.
I got my J&J vaccine yesterday at 8:50 a.m. last night was bad, my whole body was tense and visibly shaking, teeth chattering, but today I just have a slight headache.

Got the first Moderna dose yesterday. My gf got her second Pfizer yesterday also. Sore arm for me, sore arm and bad headache for her.

Be prepared for no sex on the day your partner gets the second dose.

Got my first dose of Moderna on Saturday. After waiting for the required 15 minutes, I started driving home. Partway home, my face felt really flushed, like I was super embarassed or something. No real pain, just site tenderness - I chose my right arm for the injection since I am right side dominant, because I figured that my right arm would get more movement and keep the muscles from tightening up. One thing that I noticed this morning(Sunday) is that I have a swollen lymph node on the left side of my neck that is slightly tender, but not anything bothersome.
By the other postings on here, I'm expecting the second dose to be the worse one for side effects.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Zero symptoms from vaccine. I have one of the best immune systems in town and probably one of the tops in the county.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Got a Pfizer shot yesterday. No arm pain or any issues. Can anyone comment on their experience after the second Pfizer shot?

I got the first Moderna shot on Friday. Arm was a little more sore than the usual flu shot but it went away by Sat. Only side effect and 3 others at work that got theirs done around the same time said the same thing but it made me very sleepy and tired. 🤷‍♂️

My wife and I got our second Moderna shots on Saturday. She had really bad chills and a moderate fever together with aches and feeling washed out; today just a little tired.

I had a headache, low fever and those aches you get with the flu, plus tired. Today all good. I've had much worse hangovers.

Totally unexpectedly, I ended up receiving the 1st Moderna shot a few hours ago.

My wife worked today as a volunteer at a vaccine site. They went from being super busy to having people not show up. This left them worried that they would have doses that had been thawed go to waste. So my wife got a shot (yeah). Anyway, when this was happening, I was doing a heavy cardio workout, and didn't have my phone with me, so she couldn't alert me to the situation. However, when I got home she encouraged me to drive to the clinic, and see if I could get a shot. It turns out that I received the last shot they administered, and my showing up un-scheduled enabled them to keep from wasting one shot.

Due to an intense cardio workout, I was already lightheaded, so it's kind of tough to separate what are reactions to the shot and what is from the workout. My arm, from the injunction site to my fingers, was kind of tingly while I was in the recovery area (where they basically make sure you don't have a reaction to the shot). In the 90 minutes since then, my arm has been somewhat sore -- hard to really describe it, but it's certainly not how it normally feels. I have a headache, but as noted before it's hard to tell if that's from the shot or from my workout.

Anyway, after months of being on more lists than I care to count, and constantly checking FindAShot.org until 2 am in the morning to try to schedule an appointment, I ended up unexpectedly getting a shot. What a feeling of relief.

Totally unexpectedly, I ended up receiving the 1st Moderna shot a few hours ago.

My wife worked today as a volunteer at a vaccine site. They went from being super busy to having people not show up. This left them worried that they would have doses that had been thawed go to waste. So my wife got a shot (yeah). Anyway, when this was happening, I was doing a heavy cardio workout, and didn't have my phone with me, so she couldn't alert me to the situation. However, when I got home she encouraged me to drive to the clinic, and see if I could get a shot. It turns out that I received the last shot they administered, and my showing up un-scheduled enabled them to keep from wasting one shot.

Due to an intense cardio workout, I was already lightheaded, so it's kind of tough to separate what are reactions to the shot and what is from the workout. My arm, from the injunction site to my fingers, was kind of tingly while I was in the recovery area (where they basically make sure you don't have a reaction to the shot). In the 90 minutes since then, but arm has been somewhat sore -- hard to really describe it, but it's certainly not how it normally feels. I have a headache, but as noted before it's hard to tell if that's from the shot or from my workout.

Anyway, after months of being on more lists than I care to count, and constantly checking FindAShot.org until 2 am in the morning to try to schedule an appointment, I ended getting a shot. What a feeling of relief.

Welcome aboard Tom!

All the best to you and your wife.

Reactions: Tom McAndrew

Due to an intense cardio workout, I was already lightheaded, so it's kind of tough to separate what are reactions to the shot and what is from the workout. My arm, from the injunction site to my fingers, was kind of tingly while I was in the recovery area (where they basically make sure you don't have a reaction to the shot). In the 90 minutes since then, but arm has been somewhat sore -- hard to really describe it, but it's certainly not how it normally feels. I have a headache, but as noted before it's hard to tell if that's from the shot or from my workout.

Anyway, after months of being on more lists than I care to count, and constantly checking FindAShot.org until 2 am in the morning to try to schedule an appointment, I ended getting a shot. What a feeling of relief.
Sounds like you're too fit to have any symptoms my man! Congrats

As you guys may remember, the first Moderna Shot I received put me under for about 36 hours. Chills, throwing up, just all around blah.

Second shot is this Friday.....should I just prepare for the same or has anyone heard anything about this situation?

As you guys may remember, the first Moderna Shot I received put me under for about 36 hours. Chills, throwing up, just all around blah.

Second shot is this Friday.....should I just prepare for the same or has anyone heard anything about this situation?

..i took tylenol before getting the second dose and my reaction wasn't as severe initally but fatigue and soreness lasted longer. For my wife it was more of the same...and for a coworker of mine that was in his 60's he had no reaction at all.

To update: my arm is still sore the day after, but that's about it. It's somewhat amusing cause I often get reactions to shots (typically am out for a day after receiving a flu shot), while my wife generally has absolutely no reaction, yet to the Moderna shot she can barely use her arm while my reaction is just a mild soreness. Other than that, no major reactions/symptoms from shot #1

Rec'd my second shot today of Pfizer. The difference in those giving you the shot amazes me. Not to stereotype but the person that administered my first shot was young, a new professional, I could feel everything, I felt it go in, it being injected and it being pulled back out. Had shoulder pain for about day. Today, the person was older(more experienced) and I didn't feel a thing and questioned them when they said they were done because I wasn't looking. Just amazes at the difference in experience levels it makes. Anyway, I felt tingling down my arm with 2nd but 6 hours later I feel fine. Just a little tired but this time of day I am always a little tired.

Got the Johnson and Johnson at 9:20 this morning. Felt nothing for about half hour and then my shoulder/muscle got really sore for about an hour or two. I was supposed to do an upper body workout at the gym today and was pretty sure it was going to be an impromptu leg day. Then the soreness faded after that hour or two. I just came back from the gym now and went ahead with my push (chest, shoulder, triceps) workout. Didn't affect my workout at all.

Feel no symptoms or soreness currently. Will see what tonight/tomorrow brings.

Yeah, people are making appointments at multiples sites just to be sure to get a shot. But that leaves a lot of appointments not made and causes problems getting all shots administered. If people make multiple appointments, they should immediately notify other sites once the get a shot and cancelled all others. But most fail to do so.

Reactions: 81b&w and psualt
Pfizer #1 today. Can’t tell a thing except I broke out the zippers on three pairs of jeans over the first four hours. Ok, kidding on the last part. I typically weather vaccines quite well.

..i took tylenol before getting the second dose and my reaction wasn't as severe initally but fatigue and soreness lasted longer. For my wife it was more of the same...and for a coworker of mine that was in his 60's he had no reaction at all.

You SHOULD NOT take Tylenol or Mortin or Advil 24 hours before one of the COVID vaccinations shot. I really don't understand why they are not telling people this when they make the appointments. You can take it after the shot but not before the shot. They THINK it may decrease the effectiveness of the vaccine. They are not sure just like everything during this pandemic.

Reactions: vops
Got my first shot last week (pfizer). The gentleman before came out after getting the shot and immediately passed out and fell into the maxi pad shelf at Rite Aid. Needless to say I came very close to walking out. When he woke up he said he isn't a fan of shots so that eased my mind a little. Still a traumatic experience knowing I was next lol. Arm was sore for me but golfed the next day with no issue.

That would make a great GIF.

Yeah, people are making appointments at multiples sites just to be sure to get a shot. But that leaves a lot of appointments not made and causes problems getting all shots administered. If people make multiple appointments, they should immediately notify other sites once the get a shot and cancelled all others. But most fail to do so.

Wow, people once again being inconsiderate selfish a holes. 😡 Not you, people making multiple appointments.

I got the J&J a week and a half ago. Saturday will be my 14 days. My arm was sore for a day and a half and I felt slightly tired for a day. I couldn't tell if it was because I barely slept due to the arm soreness or a side effect. Either way, it just felt like I got a poopy night of sleep then next day.

Glad to see everyone coming along well. Heard a few rough stories on the JNJ from some teacher friends for a solid 24 hours. A doctor friend told me today he had a reaction 11 days after moderna. Just felt like his head was twice the size, slight fever, and thought he had covid. After second shot had same exact symptoms within hours. Wife who is half his size had zero reactions. Strange.

Reactions: CVLion
The randomness of the effects of COVID itself have seemed so strange, I guess it’s only fitting that the vaccine’s side effects are likewise. I’m just glad we seem to be on the cusp of getting past this mess.

Reactions: LionJim and psualt
I've had both Pfizer shots with no sore arm or any noticable symptoms after either shot. Doctors say having a reaction means your immune system is working. Not sure what it means if you have no reaction like me ... but then again I never get sick.

I wonder if individual reactions to the vaccines could be an indication of how hard Covid would hit someone if they had gotten it. The people with the bad reactions would have had challenges with Covid, those with minimal reactions may have been relatively fine if they got Covid?

Probably nothing to do with it, just a thought.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
I wonder if individual reactions to the vaccines could be an indication of how hard Covid would hit someone if they had gotten it. The people with the bad reactions would have had challenges with Covid, those with minimal reactions may have been relatively fine if they got Covid?

Probably nothing to do with it, just a thought.

I hope they do some research on this. I wonder if you don't have a huge reaction to the vax your immune system is already pretty strong and you would handle Covid relatively well. If you did have a huge reaction your immune system may not be that strong and then your body builds up due to that protein(or whatever is) in the vaccine. I am no scientist but just going from my own obs. I have had no reaction and think my immune system is pretty strong because, knock on wood, I never get sick. While I see some other people seem to always be coming down with something.

I hope they do some research on this. I wonder if you don't have a huge reaction to the vax your immune system is already pretty strong and you would handle Covid relatively well. If you did have a huge reaction your immune system may not be that strong and then your body builds up due to that protein(or whatever is) in the vaccine. I am no scientist but just going from my own obs. I have had no reaction and think my immune system is pretty strong because, knock on wood, I never get sick. While I see some other people seem to always be coming down with something.

I can give my story only on this. Got COVID, was fine for a week, still did everything I wanted to do (at home) and after a week got pneumonia.

Got my first shot February 26 and went to hell 8 hours later.

Therefore in my case the responses didn't match up.

• Wow
Reactions: TheBigUglies
I can give my story only on this. Got COVID, was fine for a week, still did everything I wanted to do (at home) and after a week got pneumonia.

Got my first shot February 26 and went to hell 8 hours later.

Therefore in my case the responses didn't match up.
Local hospital staff says those that had strong reaction to first shot already had Covid. Yours was severe so you may have just been developing Covid when you got the shot. I think most that had astrong reaction to first shot do better with second. Hope that holds for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Texas Lion
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT