ADVERTISEMENT

COVID vaccine: who has had it?

The working theory as told to me by staff at hospital where I was given my shots is that people who have a strong reaction to the first shot probably already had the virus and have antibodies that react to the vaccine. Makes sense since you said you think you had it last Jan 2020 ....or was that Dec 2019?
Feb.

Got my second Moderna shot yesterday. Surprisingly, my side effects for both the first and the second were exactly the same in terms of severity. I started feeling pretty tired and developed a slight headache about 4 hours after getting injected. My injection site is a little sore, but I can still sleep on that side. No chills, fever, or any other severe side effects that others have spoke of.

I was honestly expecting the side effects from shot #2 to be a lot worse based on what I've read here and on other sites. Guess I' got lucky this time.

I have been surprised with my Maderna shot. I had a pretty difficult (7 on the 10 scale) headache and my arm was mildly sore. it wasn't uncomfortable but it felt like someone had highly punched me in the shoulder. I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't take any drugs and I have zero allergies. I have never had any adverse reaction to any shot or drug or anything else. So I was surprised. Just to be clear, I'd do it again. No question.
The working theory as told to me by staff at hospital where I was given my shots is that people who have a strong reaction to the first shot probably already had the virus and have antibodies that react to the vaccine. Makes sense since you said you think you had it last Jan 2020 ....or was that Dec 2019?

Meister - that is what my wife has been saying - "Those who have had COVID are having the worst time with the vaccines. Especially the second shot. And if you had a sever case, your side effects are also worse."

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Pfizer 1st dose an hour ago. Wife got Moderna, second dose wiped her out and with a large red, warm to the touch inflammation at IS.

• Sad
Reactions: Obliviax
Haven’t got it yet and have no intention of ever getting it. Retired now and completely healthy at 62 and no doubt already caught the virus early last year since I’m active and travel extensively (I was asymptotic). The only possible reason to get the vaccine for me is if I am significantly restricted in travel/certain flights in the future, but I’ll wait until that day comes to decide then.

I am also done with my first shot. Remember that the vaccine doesn’t completely kick in until two weeks after the second shot. Can’t wait.
I think most of us had low levels of anxiety about COVID-19. But still there is a weight off your shoulders when you hit that two week mark. You'll have to calculate that weight and add it back to your kettlebell routine.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
I received my first Moderna shot on 3/9...no negative reaction as of today. Scheduled for second on 4/6.
Wife is only 62 so she has not had her shot yet. Per Missouri vaccine guiding rules, best guess for her receiving the vaccine is Mid to late April at best.

I received my first Moderna shot on 3/9...no negative reaction as of today. Scheduled for second on 4/6.
Wife is only 62 so she has not had her shot yet. Per Missouri vaccine guiding rules, best guess for her receiving the vaccine is Mid to late April at best.

Got my first Moderna shot yesterday and no negative reaction at all. Second shot set for 4/12.

I’m actually sitting at the vaccine location waiting the 15 minutes before I can go. Just got the shot and thought it was going to be Pfizer but it was Moderna. We’ll see how it goes.

Reactions: Nittany Ned2
Both my wife and I had the JnJ vaccine on March 7th without any issues. One and done.

Ok, ok, ok,.....J&J - My vaccination update:

Got my 1-shot and only shot 12:05 PM Mountain time,.......2:05 PM for you EST folk.

So far, 5:09 PM Mountain time.....nothing to report.

Let's hope it plays out that way.

That is all.

:)

PS. The nurse who administered the shot did say NOT to worry about a third-eye growing in the middle of my forehead. She said it should be gone by the 4th of July no problem.

Until then, if it does grow in, I will be singing back-ground vocals for the group "Third-Eye Blind".

Come check us out!

Rock on!!!

Reactions: PSUPride1
See my most recent post sir.
Good to hear you were able to be vaccinated. Stay hydrated and if you get a headache or experience some body aches take some Tylenol. After one day, if you have any side affects, you should be good. Best wishes and let me know how you're feeling.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Good to hear you were able to be vaccinated. Stay hydrated and if you get a headache or experience some body aches take some Tylenol. After one day, if you have any side affects, you should be good. Best wishes and let me know how you're feeling.

10:30 PM Mountain time.

No issues as of yet to speak of.

Fingers crossed.

Reactions: PSUPride1
7:27 Mountain Time:

Very slight; ever so slight feeling of a cold,....just a tad of a runny nose.

Little body-aches but, at age 61, what's the difference? Yes, a bit tender at the shot injection right-shoulder site.

So far - so good honestly.

Just took two Advil.

Off to work.
Very similar to most of us. Probably gone by tomorrow. your sentiments are the same as my wife and [age 68]. At our age something is always aching anyway. Carry On!

Very similar to most of us. Probably gone by tomorrow. your sentiments are the same as my wife and [age 68]. At our age something is always aching anyway. Carry On!

Back home now. 4:38 PM Mountain Time. NO events today at work.

Just took two more Advil just to be on the safe side.

Runny-nose symptoms almost gone.

Normal aches and pains for a spry 61 year old!

Now where did my 38 year old girlfriend go??

:p ;) :)

I’m 50 but due to diabetes I qualified for the vaccine... got my first jab of Moderna 4 hours ago. I’m pretty tired right now, but I was up early and did a lot today, so there may be no connection to the shot.

Nothing else so far.

Reactions: psu00 and TheGLOV
Got my first shot last week (pfizer). The gentleman before came out after getting the shot and immediately passed out and fell into the maxi pad shelf at Rite Aid. Needless to say I came very close to walking out. When he woke up he said he isn't a fan of shots so that eased my mind a little. Still a traumatic experience knowing I was next lol. Arm was sore for me but golfed the next day with no issue.

Got my first shot last week (pfizer). The gentleman before came out after getting the shot and immediately passed out and fell into the maxi pad shelf at Rite Aid. Needless to say I came very close to walking out. When he woke up he said he isn't a fan of shots so that eased my mind a little. Still a traumatic experience knowing I was next lol. Arm was sore for me but golfed the next day with no issue.
Had to be the maxi pad display!🤣

Got some great advice... take an instant heating packet, like what you put in your ski gloves, and press it on your injection site for 10 minutes shortly before you get your shot. It warms the muscle and makes the tearing of the muscle at the injection site easier to withstand. I did this today and 12 hours later so far absolutely no soreness

Got some great advice... take an instant heating packet, like what you put in your ski gloves, and press it on your injection site for 10 minutes shortly before you get your shot. It warms the muscle and makes the tearing of the muscle at the injection site easier to withstand. I did this today and 12 hours later so far absolutely no soreness

Thanks for telling me this AFTER I got my shot!

;) :) ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT