ADVERTISEMENT

Corso dogging Iowa

I’m saying the committee cares about record significantly more than anything else.

*if you are in a P5 conference.
**if Gof5, must played undefeated or 1 loss the year prior for potential inclusion

You left those out.

Just about Every talking head, every podcast, and nearly every comment I’ve seen from college football fandom outside of Iowa fans knows the reason they won last Saturday. When you’re #2 these things are scrutinized to a higher degree.

Even David Pollard has enough brain cells to have said this repeatedly. It was clear who the better team was at full strength.

*if you are in a P5 conference.
**if Gof5, must played undefeated or 1 loss the year prior for potential inclusion

You left those out.

I said the first point a few posts later. I’m not sure the second point is true.

But they beat Indiana and Iowa State... Causing their initial inflated ranking. They need to take those games out of the equation now that the nation knows how weak those two teams are
This is my argument when people say the rankings don’t matter…they do because college football is all about perception and beating a ranked team gives the perception of being good even if another team beats that same team if they are unranked….Iowa gets way more credit for beating Indiana than we do because they were ranked when Iowa played them.

Reactions: PSUfiji
I said this last week and I’ll say it again. If Clifford stays on the field Penn State walks all over Iowa.

Reactions: Spydersgirl
Why does goofy stuph like that happen for Iowa. Dont Kordell stewart the ball waterboy style into the endzone and Purdue is +17 chillin.

Iowa is a second 20 team and they are proving it right now.

With Clifford at QB psu would have beaten them by 3 TD’s right in front of their pathetic fans. If Iowa wins the west they will get stomped by whoever wins the East.

Last edited:
Iowa had 173 yds of total offense against ISU. In the last 5 years prior to the game, only 4 teams in all of college football have won a game with less than 175 yds of total offense. That is in over 4000 games played. ISU beat ISU and we are sick about it but their luck was sure to run out because the first team that didn’t turn it over was going to expose their horrible offense.

Said they aren't even #2 in the conference, let alone nation. It's the damn truth - love hearing it!

He said that they are number two in the nation, but not even in the top four of the Big Ten
Not even in the top 5 in the conference.

So that makes us what, not a top 10 team or even a top 15 team, right? Our wins against Wisky and Auburn are not worth much now and we lost to Iowa so aren't we way over-ranked? These arguments against Iowa's ranking are worthless unless you apply the same standards to ALL teams, including PSU.
You are turning arithmetic into calculus here.

If PSU wins the rest of their games, they are in the playoffs no question. They will have beaten MSU, UM, and OSU and whoever wins the west (a rematch with Iowa would be nice). Auburn will still be a quality win, and Iowa will be a forgivable loss.

If PSU loses again they will not make the playoffs, although 10 - 2 with the Lions' schedule should get them a nice bowl game.

Reactions: PSUfiji
So that makes us what, not a top 10 team or even a top 15 team, right? Our wins against Wisky and Auburn are not worth much now and we lost to Iowa so aren't we way over-ranked? These arguments against Iowa's ranking are worthless unless you apply the same standards to ALL teams, including PSU.

It has nothing to do with PSU...
The whole country got to watch what a cluster **** the B1G and it's no class tools put on at Kinnick.

Reactions: BW Lion
the committee is like figure skating judging- in real sports you play to win the game

Agree. The only place it gets sorted out is on the field. Polls are useless. I find callege football much more enjoyable when you ignore the hype, such as Game Day and the "expert analysis" of halftime shows.

Agree. The only place it gets sorted out is on the field. Polls are useless. I find callege football much more enjoyable when you ignore the hype, such as Game Day and the "expert analysis" of halftime shows.
The only poll that matters comes out in the next couple weeks.

Kids were reportedly kicked out of the hospital to make room for the 1,000s of Iowa fans that couldn’t be carried back to their tractors for their drive home?

Reactions: gslachta
That's actually not funny. It's sickening.
yeah I am trying to decide which would be worse if you're the parents of the hurt athlete

either you're at the game and can hear the fans raining down boos while your son is injured on the field
or
you're at home watching on tv, helpless, as this dickhead mocks your injured son

can't imagine how angry I would be

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT