ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats on another stellar year!

Nashville_Hawkeye

Jan 1, 2016
Greetings PSU fans,

Just wanted to say congrats on another outstanding year. Even with the few hiccups along the way, your young men still dominated. Congrats to Bo, Jason and Cassar...awesome job taking out Steveson again and nice work destroying White. Hopefully next year we will be able to give you a little better competition, but knowing Cael and company and their his ability to mold men into wrestling machines, I have to imagine PSU will be strong favorites again next year going to Minneapolis...but we'll see. :)

Thanks Nashville Hawk for making the effort on this board to prove that the nitwit bottom dwellers that sometimes hijack HR do not represent all Hawk fans. I appreciate your reasonable and respectful contribution to this board and your passion for your team.

And apologies for the occasional nitwit bottom dwellers who sometimes make an appearance on this board too. True fans of the sport admire great wrestling and the hard work it requires regardless of the color of the wrestler's singlet. Best of luck to Iowa next year. I'm excited to see Kemerer back.

Thanks Nashville Hawk for making the effort on this board to prove that the nitwit bottom dwellers that sometimes hijack HR do not represent all Hawk fans. I appreciate your reasonable and respectful contribution to this board and your passion for your team.

And apologies for the occasional nitwit bottom dwellers who sometimes make an appearance on this board too. True fans of the sport admire great wrestling and the hard work it requires regardless of the color of the wrestler's singlet. Best of luck to Iowa next year. I'm excited to see Kemerer back.
You and me both, my friend. Without Kemerer I don't think we have any chance of defeating you guys. Our chances will be slim enough with him. LOL. :) Thanks for the kind words...and yes, sadly we do have our share of bottom dwellers. :(

Thanks for the kind words. Despite some occasional trash talk, it's good to have a strong Iowa.

The math says next year Iowa is the top challenger and it could be real close -- depending on PSU 6th years and if Spencer takes an Olympic shirt.

Either way, it will be good to have the dual back on the schedule.

Respect, Nashville

People can say whatever they want about online crap on Hawkeye Report or wherever, but everyone I've ever met in real life, from Iowa, was a great friend to me

And the Daton Fix-Suriano match, all that stalling Fix did, just reminded me of how much I prefer Iowa to Okie State. There are some very nice Cowboy fans, but if I ever had to make a choice between those two programs, it ain't much of a choice. LOL

Reactions: Nashville_Hawkeye
Greetings PSU fans,

Just wanted to say congrats on another outstanding year. Even with the few hiccups along the way, your young men still dominated. Congrats to Bo, Jason and Cassar...awesome job taking out Steveson again and nice work destroying White. Hopefully next year we will be able to give you a little better competition, but knowing Cael and company and their his ability to mold men into wrestling machines, I have to imagine PSU will be strong favorites again next year going to Minneapolis...but we'll see. :)
Classy! Count me among those that believe next year will be more of a dogfight than some believe. As E-J states above, a strong Iowa is good for wrestling, Michigan looks strong too (only losing older Amine), and Ohio State will reload, among other schools that could make noise. Way early look, still enjoying 2019.

Not without hiccups indeed. 125 kind of blowing up again and the injuries to RBY (although he seemed to be pretty cleared up at nationals) and Shak dampened things a bit, but what a year!

Thanks for the kind words. Despite some occasional trash talk, it's good to have a strong Iowa.

The math says next year Iowa is the top challenger and it could be real close -- depending on PSU 6th years and if Spencer takes an Olympic shirt.

Either way, it will be good to have the dual back on the schedule.
Amen to having the dual back on the schedule. Aside from the Okie State dual our season's dual schedule was pretty pathetic, and that could have been part of the reason we got bitch slapped all over the planet by Okie State (though that's just a pathetic excuse). :) Would love to See PSU, tOSU and Michigan each year, but I know that's not realistic.

Reactions: matter7172
Classy! Count me among those that believe next year will be more of a dogfight than some believe. As E-J states above, a strong Iowa is good for wrestling, Michigan looks strong too (only losing older Amine), and Ohio State will reload, among other schools that could make noise. Way early look, still enjoying 2019.
I'd be enjoying it too if I was in your shoes. :) Concur WRT Michigan as they are definitely on the move up...and like you, tOSU has some excellent talent coming in these next few years, so they should be solid again. Will be enjoyable to see better dogfights...unless I was the one winning. LOL! Thanks for the discussion! :)

Not without hiccups indeed. 125 kind of blowing up again and the injuries to RBY (although he seemed to be pretty cleared up at nationals) and Shak dampened things a bit, but what a year!
Yeah, I couldn't believe Rasheed...did not see that coming and have to believe he had something going on (physically or mentally) that wasn't made public. I was confident that he was going to win it all at 84. As for RBY, that kid is a fricking stud, and the king of funk. I think he will be top 3, if not NCAA champ the down the road. Though he's not at the level of Bo (I can't think of more than a handful of men who ever have been), he somewhat reminds me of a lighter version...very athletic, lightning fast and completely unpredictable.

Amen to having the dual back on the schedule. Aside from the Okie State dual our season's dual schedule was pretty pathetic, and that could have been part of the reason we got bitch slapped all over the planet by Okie State (though that's just a pathetic excuse). :) Would love to See PSU, tOSU and Michigan each year, but I know that's not realistic.
All 3 every year might be unrealistic, but not minimum 1 of them every year.

With the B10 schedule based on pairings, it should be a fairly minor tweak by B10 HQ to set up the rotations so that Iowa gets either PSU+OSU or UM+MSU every year, and both pairings many years. That B10 hasn't done this is inexcusable.

At least Iowa didn't schedule multiple D3 teams. The B1G schedule "solution" has not been very satisfactory - to anyone, I think.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT