ADVERTISEMENT

Confidence Level in Finals

PV_lion

Oct 3, 2008
From most confident to least, how do you rank our 5 finalists.

My ranking:

1) Lee
2) Cstar
3) Dean
4) RBY
5) Brooks

Reactions: Grove Lion
My confidence rankings:
1) RBY = Lee = Cstar = brooks = dean
2) the ref in Deans match
3) the ref in Lees match
4) the team race
5) the ref in RBY/Cstar/Brooks match
6) Fix, Clarke, Lewis, Amine, Warner

Reactions: Grove Lion
I'm never, ever wrong so here you go
1. Lee
2. Brooks
3. Dean
4. Super-Starocci
5. RBY

Any word on the finals order yet? I'm guessing they start at 125 so it can end with Gable. 189 would be a great finish too but I can't see them starting off with heavy.

Reactions: Bondist
Definitely a homer this weekend, but the only one I can’t clearly visualize without doubt setting in is RBY. And that doesn’t mean he can’t get is done. Obviously Amine has beaten AB before, but I think that happens 1/10.

I think there is a chance that they finish with Brooks/Amine. It may be Steveson’s last match, but other than that it offers little drama as Steveson will win in a romp against AZ St’s fattie. The B/A match is between 2 great wrestlers that split their regular season matches and the result is in question. Whichever match they think will keep more eyeballs on the TV until the end will be last, of course. If the team race was a little closer it would definitely end with B/A.

I think there is a chance that they finish with Brooks/Amine. It may be Steveson’s last match, but other than that it offers little drama as Steveson will win in a romp against AZ St’s fattie. The B/A match is between 2 great wrestlers that split their regular season matches and the result is in question. Whichever match they think will keep more eyeballs on the TV until the end will be last, of course.
I think you are right and on top of that, Penn state and Michigan are vying for the team title so winner of that match could theoretically seal the deal for their team

Reactions: Ski
1. Nick Lee
2. Max Dean
3. 3-way tie

Nick’s and Max’s opponents don’t scare me quite as much as the other three.

1 - Lee
2 - Dean
3 - Brooks
4 - Cstar/RBY
Nick has, by far, the lowest seeded opponent.
Dean has already broken Warner-hard to recover from that.
Brooks/Amine rubber match, based on the other 2, will be super close.
Quality of opponents for Cstar and RBY is ridiculous; plus last RBY/Fix match went to SV.
All that said, I'm fully expecting 5 Champs - let's roll!

1. Lee. Cause it's Nick.
2. Dean. Outside chance of bonus.
3. Carter. Lewis is really good, but so is Carter. He's a man on a mission this weekend.
4. RBY. Fix is really good. Just hope the ref doesn't try to ruin the match like last year.
5. Brooks. I think he gets Amine tonight. But I worry cause Amine can match Aarons pace, which takes away one of his best assets.

Reactions: mcpat
I like C Star a lot vs Lewis. Could be a tough matchup for Mehki, C Star wrestling like a man on a mission , total destruction
Season tix holder at both PSU and VT. Lewis is a complete stud and fun to root for! Just the same, I’m done underestimating Carter. That was a dominating win last night against a guy who split two matches against Lewis this season. Mekhi may have closed out our little meatball, but, he’s not going to get past Carter’s “D” tonight. CStar will slide around the corner enough to snag Mekhi’s leg a few times.

Reactions: tikk10
What did he say? I've had him on Ignore for 5 months.
Here’s a dumb question. When you put someone on ignore, do you just not receive notifications of their replies and reactions or do you literally see a thread without their posts too?

Here’s a dumb question. When you put someone on ignore, do you just not receive notifications of their replies and reactions or do you literally see a thread without their posts too?
You won't see their posts or replies, including any thread they might create.

Alas, others less familiar with them or judgemental than you will inevitably reply to them, and you'll see only the unblocked reply with the original noted as being ignored.

Occasionally curiosity will get the better of you, you'll show ignored, and remember why you put them on ignore. Rarely, you may think to yourself, "Maybe I was too hasty." and choose to unignore them.

You won't see their posts or replies, including any thread they might create.

Alas, others less familiar with them or judgemental than you will inevitably reply to them, and you'll see only the unblocked reply with the original noted as being ignored.

Occasionally curiosity will get the better of you, you'll show ignored, and remember why you put them on ignore. Rarely, you may think to yourself, "Maybe I was too hasty." and choose to unignore them.

Once in a while if you open a thread that they made the last post on then you might see that post once. Other than that they are invisible.

If RBY comes back they have a really good shot to have five more finalists.

Reactions: Ski
I think Dean is going to move on. Just my opinion. Don’t hate. Lol

Personally, I think so too, though obviously I don't have any inside information. I think Max truly appreciates PSU "taking him in", I think he has some aspirations with freestyle international competition and I think he's truly become friends with Michael Beard and will want Michael to have the same opportunity that he did. We'll see, but I really do think we'll see Beard at 197 next year (and RBY back at 133).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT