ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching

DrJC

May 29, 2001
PSU'ers:

This is not a Penn State team. They are poorly coached. I am afraid that it is time to acknowledge that Donovan is terrible. If Franklin will not replace him and get a new line coach, then he must go as well. They must throw deep and use a few screens or Barkley will never find running room.

Reactions: indoorgolf
Let's be honest. We don't even look good against bad teams. Sanctions have very little to do with our inability to play better against these teams. This guy is a great recruiter...but he is no coach.

PSU'ers:

This is not a Penn State team. They are poorly coached. I am afraid that it is time to acknowledge that Donovan is terrible. If Franklin will not replace him and get a new line coach, then he must go as well. They must throw deep and use a few screens or Barkley will never find running room.
You wrote this 37 minutes ago when all Hack's completions have been bombs? What game are you watching?

I know the O coaches get the heat but 1 area that's often being overlooked because of the offensive woes is the tackling. The basic fundamentals are missing. They need to hit and wrap up. Enough arm tackling and watching runners bounce off defenders as they continue downfield.

Brady Hoke couldn't coach, but he was a great recruiter. The cupboard was not bare when Harbaugh arrived. O'Brien did not leave the same level of talent for JF.

That said, I don't see a whole lot of great coaching going on.

Comparing Harbaugh's situation to Franklin's being handicapped by the sanctions is idiotic. Harbaugh is playing with more players with more time in the system, accustomed to playing at the college level, more years in the weight room, etc.

I've said it from the moment Franklin was hired though...he needs to hire a real OC. He can be the face of the program and recruit well, but he needs to go get a OC and not one from a bottom feeding SEC program.

Reactions: LaJolla Lion
It wouldn't matter if we had the 94 offense and the 69 defense. The play design wouldn't work with any players. It is that bad.

Reactions: AJ65
Comparing Harbaugh's situation to Franklin's being handicapped by the sanctions is idiotic. Harbaugh is playing with more players with more time in the system, accustomed to playing at the college level, more years in the weight room, etc.

I've said it from the moment Franklin was hired though...he needs to hire a real OC. He can be the face of the program and recruit well, but he needs to go get a OC and not one from a bottom feeding SEC program.

Get off the sanctions sh@t for crying out loud. We weren't playing an elite program today. Our talent level (post sanctions and ex the kicking game) is better than Maryland's, but you couldn't tell by watching today's game. The offensive coaching is especially offensive.

No way is our current offensive line talent as good as Md. Probably not as good as about 110 fcs teams.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT