ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Seiders & TE Coach TY Howel will share OC job

vs. Rutgers and MSU. Kraft forced the change now to send a message to the offensive staff. Mediocrity is not acceptable. But that’s what they are. They have wasted one of the best defenses in the country!

Inside sources tell me
I do not know how good a coach Ty Howle is or how good a play-caller he will be, but he has a first-rate sense of humor. He and john Urschel were good friends and roommates while at PSU. When he was asked during an interview how smart Urschel was, he replied, "He can't be that smart; he couldn't teach me calculus".

Hopefully one will call the pass plays and the other will call the runs. That system was highly effective.
I would be happy with mixing up the running game with well designed play action passes as well as studying the opponents to find favorable matchups.

I do not know how good a coach Ty Howle is or how good a play-caller he will be, but he has a first-rate sense of humor. He and john Urschel were good friends and roommates while at PSU. When he was asked during an interview how smart Urschel was, he replied, "He can't be that smart; he couldn't teach me calculus".
Ty Howle was one of the stalwarts during the sanctions. I will never forget him for that

I think that Allar's main problem is that he's playing hesitantly. I don't see how having 2 voices in his head rather than 1 will help. Guess it depends on how it's organized, but when does having a co-coordinators ever worked?

I would be happy with mixing up the running game with well designed play action passes as well as studying the opponents to find favorable matchups.
If the WR's can't get separation, stack them and run patterns that cause defenders to block themselves. The pro's do it every week.

I think that Allar's main problem is that he's playing hesitantly. I don't see how having 2 voices in his head rather than 1 will help. Guess it depends on how it's organized, but when does having a co-coordinators ever worked?
I don’t think that they will both be giving him different plays at the same time, my guess is they will develop a game plan together and will develop a rational process to call plays once the original first drive script has been executed.

Hopefully it's the 2 of them working on a game plan together, then Saturday one of them calls plays. That would work.

What has Seider or Howle delivered to this point? Seider supposedly is this great recruiter in Florida but what has he delivered? Remember the four backs he brought in in 2018? Ford, Cain, Holmes, and Lee…. Yep. Singleton has regressed. Allen is primetime. That’s it!

Howle, an offensive lineman who can’t teach his TEs to block and he’s had them for several years.

The entire offensive staff is not championship caliber. Trautwein and Hagans have disappointed.

You bring in a new OC and he’ll immediately want his guys.

Franklin’s problem has always been the offensive staff since Moorehead, Huff, Gattis, Bowen, and Limegrover left. And that was in 2017-18 for the most part.

Reactions: Concealed Carry
What has Seider or Howle delivered to this point? Seider supposedly is this great recruiter in Florida but what has he delivered? Remember the four backs he brought in in 2018? Ford, Cain, Holmes, and Lee…. Yep. Singleton has regressed. Allen is primetime. That’s it!

Howle, an offensive lineman who can’t teach his TEs to block and he’s had them for several years.

The entire offensive staff is not championship caliber. Trautwein and Hagans have disappointed.

Franklin’s problem has always been the offensive staff since Moorehead, Huff, Gattis, Bowen, and Limegrover left. And that was in 2017-18 for the most part.

'16 to '19, people were hiring our assistant coaches away for more money or promotions.

Since '20, have we lost any to upward mobility?

Pry. That's it.

Ford is at Notre Dame, playing rarely.
Cain is at LSU, getting some carries. Believe he caught a TD and possibly ran for one against Florida.
Holmes is at FSU. Averaging almost 8 yards on 17 carries.
Lee is at Mississippi State, playing rarely.

It's not like they were bad gets, the talent was there on 3 of the 4.

Reactions: NedFromYork

what other choice does psu have? they decided to fire the oc and they need an oc for the next two games. they aren't going to hire someone away from a different school in 24 hours

Ford is at Notre Dame, playing rarely.
Cain is at LSU, getting some carries. Believe he caught a TD and possibly ran for one against Florida.
Holmes is at FSU. Averaging almost 8 yards on 17 carries.
Lee is at Mississippi State, playing rarely.

It's not like they were bad gets, the talent was there on 3 of the 4.

Cain looked like a future NFL back until injuries. He was a great pickup, a true hammer, downhill runner. Injuries matter.

The other 3 were serviceable, but sandwiched between Barkley, Sanders, Journey, Allen, and (freshman year) Singleton they just seem inferior.

Reactions: The Spin Meister
what other choice does psu have? they decided to fire the oc and they need an oc for the next two games. they aren't going to hire someone away from a different school in 24 hours
Why now? Seems desperate and a deflection. These two temps better not be “auditioning”. I repeat, the entire Offensive coaching staff is sub par compared to the big boys. They all need to be replaced if PSU is to get to the level.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT