ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Poindexter ...

tboyer

Sep 25, 2002
Haven't seen or heard much discussion of this guy but from where I sit he has had just as much impact on the team as Yurcich. Secondary's playing with such confidence and intensity. Safeties make very few mistakes. Poindexter is a highly experienced coach and it shows.

These hires (Yurcich and Poindexter) were not cheap but it appears to me you get what you pay for.

Haven't seen or heard much discussion of this guy but from where I sit he has had just as much impact on the team as Yurcich. Secondary's playing with such confidence and intensity. Safeties make very few mistakes. Poindexter is a highly experienced coach and it shows.

These hires (Yurcich and Poindexter) were not cheap but it appears to me you get what you pay for.
+1. Poindexter, Yurcich, Stubblefield have been huge additions. I also think Scott Jr. is starting to show his worth. I'm 50/50 at this point on Traut.

This add was also beneficial that Banks departed. While I think Coach Dex is a very good coach and has had a very positive impact. I think the loss of Banks has also been good. I didn't think the techniques he taught were strong. Clearly, we have seen improvement in the techs of the DB's since the addition of Coach Dex.

Add stubblefield to your list.

+1. Poindexter, Yurcich, Stubblefield have been huge additions. I also think Scott Jr. is starting to show his worth. I'm 50/50 at this point on Traut.
The OL will get a big test this week but the pass blocking has been really good esp. from the tackles. And the guards and tackles are pushing their men wide, so when Clifford gets pressure he has room to step up.

Can someone help me out. What kind of blocking scheme did PSU use before hiring Traut? Far from an expert on OL blocking but it seems many college and pro teams are using zone blocking whereas it seems like PSU had a number of plays where lineman were pulling which would seem to me to require more precision so that it is easier to blow up that scheme if one lineman or TE misses his block or blows his assignment.

Remember a few seasons ago when the WRs had the drops. Now it seems they catch almost everything.
There have been some drops this year too. However, it is clear that Dotson has tremendous hands. That’s simply a god given talent that no one can teach

Reactions: 81b&w
Pumping these guys up so we have alternatives to propose when we call for Franklin's head first three and out on Saturday!

Traut sure as cured the pass blocking debacle..

I like the whole damn lot of them!

Yeah, the last couple of years I was surprised even shocked when a receiver actually caught a pass.

NOW

This past week I was shocked that there were actually a couple of drops!

There have been some drops this year too. However, it is clear that Dotson has tremendous hands. That’s simply a god given talent that no one can teach

Mike Gesiki comes to mind...

aladdin-genie.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT