ADVERTISEMENT

CJF to Tennessee?

Thus Spoke Mainer

Mar 6, 2012
Discussed right now on CF Live, advocated by Greg McIlroy. Said UT can go as high as 10 million a year

This is a great idea. He can chase off Shoop again with a hostile work place. I told my wife yesterday as we were driving home some media jackass would go there and here we are. He isn't going to that train wreck.

"Media jackass" is a good way to describe Greg McElroy. Actually, you could leave off "media" and it would be even better.

Last edited:
This is a great idea. He can chase off Shoop again with a hostile work place. I told my wife yesterday as we were driving home some media jackass would go there and here we are. He isn't going to that train wreck.

Exactly. Why would he want to throw away 4 years of work here to put out a dumpster fire there. He is now just getting the program here where he wants it. Think how restless our fanbase was when we were 2-2 last year. PSU fans are way more patient than Tennessee.

Not sure why a coach of any established program that competes for national championships would go to Tennessee. I could see a mid-major coach leaving and going there as it is a step up in class and salary. But why would a coach of a big time program leave to coach at Tennessee?

Franklin makes plenty of $$ and is in a much better position to compete than he would be at Tennessee. Tennessee has been a bit of a train wreck of a program since Fulmer

Reactions: mn78psu83
Tennessee offers nothing we don't except an easier path to a conference championship game. Franklin has put way too much time and energy into Penn State to throw it away for a rebuilding situation with a team that hasn't been relevant since the late 90s.

Reactions: royboy
Lets play the old tv game of Concentration
nw-dly-ds1702001-163-narwhal-tusks-mystery-revealed-vin_640x360_942775363505.jpg
Minus
humpback_whale1.jpg

Plus
1200px-Vaginal_bulb_syringe.jpg
Plus
letter-e-FEATURED.jpg

Last edited:
$10 million per year is insane. No doubt the UT talk is being whipped up by the SEC homers who have been drinking the kool-aid. They think Franklin has done the same and that he is chomping at the bit to return to the college football holy land in Dixie. The fact is Franklin has only spent three years coaching in the SEC during his entire career and that of course was his time at Vanderbilt. He's already been at Penn State longer. Maybe UT will wave $10 million under his nose and he'll bolt but that's a lot of money for someone they call a "used car salesman". $10 million could buy many other coaches who have longer head coaching resumes. Why the Franklin fixation by the talking heads?? PSU is one of the best jobs in the country.

Not sure why a coach of any established program that competes for national championships would go to Tennessee. I could see a mid-major coach leaving and going there as it is a step up in class and salary. But why would a coach of a big time program leave to coach at Tennessee?

Franklin makes plenty of $$ and is in a much better position to compete than he would be at Tennessee. Tennessee has been a bit of a train wreck of a program since Fulmer

Bingo. Who was the last coach at a major program that was in contention for championships that left his job for another program (Meyer and Saban don't count)?

Tennessee offers nothing we don't except an easier path to a conference championship game. Franklin has put way too much time and energy into Penn State to throw it away for a rebuilding situation with a team that hasn't been relevant since the late 90s.

My understanding is that one of the negatives about the Tennessee job is the difficult path to a conference championship game since they have to play Alabama every year in a crossover game. I do not see what Franklin would be gaining on that issue. And if Florida gets Chip Kelly, they could rise quickly.

Roger Goodell would take the Tennessee job if he didn’t suffer a $40,000,000 pay cut. Lose his free jet and lifetime admission to Dutch Wonderland, too.
Have you been there? I just love the place. Quaint does even begin to descibe it. That place is a crackup.

Auburn, Auburn and Auburn. Whoops! I mean, Nebraska, Nebraska, and Nebraska.

The Tennessee Job is black hole. No one in their right mind would want to take that Job. Therefore, I think Duzzi or Kelly would be ideal.

Franklin might take the family to vacation in TN and stop in to visit UT’s new head coach......Bob Stoops

The guys on that show love to hear themseves talk. Franklins going to leave a 10 or 11 win team with a top 10 recruiting class coming in for a train wreck. The pressure from the RockyTop alumni to beat Alabama is too much to bear.

Tennessee seems like they are after a Gruden with Dan Mullen and Greg Schiano as backups.

Florida seems like they are after Chip Kelly with Scott Frost and Dan Mullen as backups.

Franklin wants nowhere near that TN job and have to deal with the media down there bringing up the Vandy rape case all over again. Matter of fact, I believe Sandy told the BIG ten 2 years ago that PSU prefered to not play in the Music City bowl

LMAO. Anyone who doesn't think ESPN has an absolute hard-on for PSU, that's all you need to hear. McIlroy is a major douche however so that has to be considered I guess.

I recall what he said the last time we went down there to play them: "Let's show these Yankees how to play some football!" I will never forget it.

Reactions: nittany dave
$10 million per year is insane. No doubt the UT talk is being whipped up by the SEC homers who have been drinking the kool-aid. They think Franklin has done the same and that he is chomping at the bit to return to the college football holy land in Dixie. The fact is Franklin has only spent three years coaching in the SEC during his entire career and that of course was his time at Vanderbilt. He's already been at Penn State longer. Maybe UT will wave $10 million under his nose and he'll bolt but that's a lot of money for someone they call a "used car salesman". $10 million could buy many other coaches who have longer head coaching resumes. Why the Franklin fixation by the talking heads?? PSU is one of the best jobs in the country.
one of best jobs in the country? I think you might be caught in a time warp. Was once,doubt few coaches would feel that way now.

I have to go to Knoxville a couple times a year but return to Nashville as quickly as possible. If I had to live there, I would stay drunk 24/7/365

one of best jobs in the country? I think you might be caught in a time warp. Was once,doubt few coaches would feel that way now.

What? You don't think PSU is one of the best jobs in the country? Really? On what are you basing that?

Reactions: brupsu
The ONLY thing Tennessee has over Penn State is the colorful orange block design in each end zone.

That’s it!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT