ADVERTISEMENT

Ciarrocca

And our current receivers coach hasn't lasted more than 2 years at any previous coaching gig. Stubblefield has been at 11 different schools in 13 years of coaching and has had some stumbles on the recruiting trail for us. I'm hoping for the best, but Miami fans weren't disappointed when he left to come here - sort of how most PSU fans felt when Rahne went to ODU. I don't think the problem is going to be solved this year.
Fair points, hopefully the OC can get him on the same page. Wide receiver is a glaring issue, and really the only big question mark on offense. We will find out soon enough.

Reactions: BBrown
And our current receivers coach hasn't lasted more than 2 years at any previous coaching gig. Stubblefield has been at 11 different schools in 13 years of coaching and has had some stumbles on the recruiting trail for us. I'm hoping for the best, but Miami fans weren't disappointed when he left to come here - sort of how most PSU fans felt when Rahne went to ODU. I don't think the problem is going to be solved this year.

giphy.gif

I like Ciarrocca but I think you are putting him up on too high of a pedestal, at least this year given everything that is going on. The principles his offense is based on are very different than what Joe Moorhead's are. The early schedule is unforgiving and not friendly to making adjustments on the fly if something he installed isn't working. At the end of the day, I think he plays it safe and doesn't over-commit to changing the offense and it looks a lot like last year.

Personally, I doubt he has a better football mind than Moorhead. His impact on the game has been pretty big. He doesn't have a specific scheme but rather a foundation of principles that are mixed and matched to fit the talent on hand. Look what Moorhead disciple Joe Brady did at LSU which was install the offense Moorhead wanted to run in 2016 with Christian Hackenberg. Hack left early, he adjusted. It took five games for JoeMo to figure out what he could and couldn't do and we were off.

5 games to adjust? A real genius, huh?

The only thing worse than having NO football season at all would be having no coaches on the hot seat. We deserve better.

He's an experienced coach who has had a lot of success. No OC is a miracle worker. If they can't find 2-3 wideouts who can play, it's going to be a difficult year.

But I have no doubt he will be a very big upgrade from Rahne, who was simply not ready to be an OC at this level.

Does anyone else see what I see so far? This guy is unlike any other coach I have seen in the Franklin era, including Moorhead. He is an elite coach who is about more than just a system. I really am looking forward to seeing how this unit evolves under him, and for some reason I feel like something special is going to happen.

I like Ciarrocca but I think you are putting him up on too high of a pedestal, at least this year given everything that is going on. The principles his offense is based on are very different than what Joe Moorhead's are. The early schedule is unforgiving and not friendly to making adjustments on the fly if something he installed isn't working. At the end of the day, I think he plays it safe and doesn't over-commit to changing the offense and it looks a lot like last year.

Personally, I doubt he has a better football mind than Moorhead. His impact on the game has been pretty big. He doesn't have a specific scheme but rather a foundation of principles that are mixed and matched to fit the talent on hand. Look what Moorhead disciple Joe Brady did at LSU which was install the offense Moorhead wanted to run in 2016 with Christian Hackenberg. Hack left early, he adjusted. It took five games for JoeMo to figure out what he could and couldn't do and we were off.
Pretty smart for Moorhead to have James Franklin hire his disciple, Joe Brady, in 2015, a whole season before Moorhead stepped foot in State College to became our offensive coordinator.

Reactions: GreggK
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT