ADVERTISEMENT

Christian V with a long bomb for Pitt

You’ll change your mind after Pitt loses two of their next three (or three of their next three). They’re just not very good this year no matter who’s at QB.
Sadly for Pitt two of the next three games probably won’t be in a driving rain storm against a team that was still on cloud nine after knocking off ND. Yesterday was the perfect confluence of events that causes upsets, and Pitt just happened to be in the right place at the right time.

Reactions: 81b&w
What’s the term “the worm has turned”. After his poor performance in relief in the UNC game they were all ripping him to pieces as a loser Nitter. Almost like a spy sent to destroy (well truthfully it’s hard to destroy what’s already rubble) their program. Now DUZZY is the villain for not playing their next Natty championship QB from the get go.
Yeah, most didn’t want him to start because he was a Nitter and wanted Yarnell to play. A terrible person sent to destroy them.

Now that he played well in bad conditions they love him.

What’s the term “the worm has turned”. After his poor performance in relief in the UNC game they were all ripping him to pieces as a loser Nitter. Almost like a spy sent to destroy (well truthfully it’s hard to destroy what’s already rubble) their program. Now DUZZY is the villain for not playing their next Natty championship QB from the get go.
Pitt football is pure comedy. the basketball program is respectable

Sadly for Pitt two of the next three games probably won’t be in a driving rain storm against a team that was still on cloud nine after knocking off ND. Yesterday was the perfect confluence of events that causes upsets, and Pitt just happened to be in the right place at the right time.
Yep, as I stated earlier, sharp money was on Pitt.

For the record, “UMass” wasn’t intended to be a shot. Maybe you took it that way, maybe you didn’t. I would’ve said the same thing had you defeated Ohio State.
Why do you care what he thinks? He blindly hates Pitt (and other schools) and will never have a rational discussion.

For the record, “UMass” wasn’t intended to be a shot. Maybe you took it that way, maybe you didn’t. I would’ve said the same thing had you defeated Ohio State.
honestly it would have been a fair shot to take. it is pathetic that PSU had this game scheduled for mid-October. UMass is an independent so I guess that's how it was possible

Reactions: HailToPitt725
I think you are all missing the fact that it took CV five games to get up to speed with Pitt's complex offensive system!!!
Bouncing dump off passes and throwing short when the WRs go deep takes a ton of practice. Phil had it perfected before getting benched.

honestly it would have been a fair shot to take. it is pathetic that PSU had this game scheduled for mid-October. UMass is an independent so I guess that's how it was possible
You guys have the right idea, in my opinion. Pad the resume with easy non-conference games and focus on Big Ten play.

I wish Pitt did the same; we should schedule Duquesne, Temple, Buffalo, and a service academy every year. Everyone remembers the wins and rankings, not the strength of schedule.

You guys have the right idea, in my opinion. Pad the resume with easy non-conference games and focus on Big Ten play.

I wish Pitt did the same; we should schedule Duquesne, Temple, Buffalo, and a service academy every year. Everyone remembers the wins and rankings, not the strength of schedule.
I'd rather see some good games and win those
Also, don't play Air Force if you want easy wins lol

I'd rather see some good games and win those
Also, don't play Air Force if you want easy wins lol
Sorry, should’ve specified Army/Navy. Sure, they wouldn’t be “easy wins” every year, but I’d love if we scheduled home-and-homes under that plan; West Point and Annapolis are beautiful settings for football.

But what an impressive job Calhoun has done at Air Force. I hope they make a NY6 bowl this year.

Sorry, should’ve specified Army/Navy. Sure, they wouldn’t be “easy wins” every year, but I’d love if we scheduled home-and-homes under that plan; West Point and Annapolis are beautiful settings for football.

But what an impressive job Calhoun has done at Air Force. I hope they make a NY6 bowl this year.
And close enough….with enough veterans…. to sell some tickets.

Pitt has knack for beating top 5 teams when Pitt themselves are not very good. It could happen.
A little confidence can go a long way for a team. CV wasn't great but he was good with 200 yards passing,two TDs and no INTs. He also ran for 17 yards. In five games, the previous QB had 818 yards passing 6 TDs and 3 INTs. That includes a game against Wofford.

Pitt has knack for beating top 5 teams when Pitt themselves are not very good. It could happen.
This is why I was shocked we beat Louisville. I felt much more confident about FSU than the Cards because, normally, the only time we upset someone is when they’re ranked extremely high… :oops:

Reactions: The Spin Meister
Narduzzi on CV over the summer: "He's coming from a one-word offense to a real offense. But it's a totally different offense. This offense is NFL-style with sophisticated terminology."

Looks like the former Penn State QB is the only one who can figure out Pitt’s complex offense.

Narduzzi on CV over the summer: "He's coming from a one-word offense to a real offense. But it's a totally different offense. This offense is NFL-style with sophisticated terminology."

Looks like the former Penn State QB is the only one who can figure out Pitt’s complex offense.
Wrong, as I’ve before, the D coordinator’s that Pitt plays understand it quite well.

Reactions: NJ Lion
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT