ADVERTISEMENT

Chat with BWI publisher Phil Grosz at 1 PM Wednesday.

BWI PHIL GROSZ

May 29, 2001
It is hard for me to believe, but Penn State's 2017 spring practice session began last Wednesday [March 22] afternoon. Personally, I'm expecting a exciting 2017 season. The Nittany Lions return 18 starters from the 2016 season. Nine of those returning starters are on offense with two legitimate Heisman Trophy candidates in RB Saquon Barkley and QB Trace McSorley.
In addition to Barkley and McSorley, Penn State's offense has the luxury of having the top returning TE in the Big Ten in Mike Gesicki, who'll enter spring practice coming off his best winter workout session during his Penn State career. Gesicki now stands 6-6, 258, bench pressed 420 pounds and posted a vertical leap of 39 inches. In my opinion Gesicki has All-American [AA] potential. He is one of the best pure athletes on Penn State's 2017 spring roster.

With Barkley, McSorley, six returning offensive linemen with starting experience and what many believe is the best group of wide receivers in the Big Ten, I agree with those national college football analysts who project Penn State will put its best offense on the field since its record shattering 1994 offense. And a team that has a legitimate chance to advance and win the Big Ten Championship Game for the second consecutive year.

After listening to James Franklin's spring practice press conference last Tuesday at 12-noon, we have a lot to talk about this afternoon regarding the Penn State football program.

So, join me here at 1 PM this [Wednesday, March 28] and let's talk some Penn State football.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News