ADVERTISEMENT

Cary Kolat inducted into National Wrestling Hall of Fame

kolat was a childhood hero of mine. if you get the chance to talk to him use it.

Reactions: RoarLions1
Yeah I took advantage of being able to watch Flo on AppleTV and checked out the Kolat series last night. Tragic.

First time I saw Kolat he was in 7th grade. My high school team had a preseason scrimmage with Jefferson Morgan. They bring in this Jr High kid to roll around with our returning state qualifier who was a senior and definitely bigger. Kolat used him up like a little b**ch.

Yeah I took advantage of being able to watch Flo on AppleTV and checked out the Kolat series last night. Tragic.
For anyone that refuses to subscribe to FLO I'd suggest you get a month just to binge watch the documentaries the Kolat ones in particular. Great stuff. And you are right, that was tragic. Kolat got screwed so many times on so many levels. In my mind he will always be a World and Olympic Champion. I don't give a shit if he has the medals or not.

I recall Kenny Chertow coming home from a FS tournament and proclaiming Cary is the real deal! It was one of the highlights of my PSU wrestling "fanship" when Cary signed with Penn State. Started going to the Big 10s and Nationals his first 2 years and was crushed when he transferred to Lock Haven. Still followed him when ever I could...Kind of the Mickey Mantle of wrestling in my eyes!

When Troy was let go I was hoping for a combo of Cary and John Hughes coming in to lead the program. I believe John and Russ were a big influence in our recruitment of Cary and together they were aiming to bring a National Championship to PSU!

Oh well....things seemed to work out!;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT