ADVERTISEMENT

Carter Starocci's injury - news, updates, and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post of the year nominee.

It should have more likes. Its on you guys passing out likes on some dude on the beach and not our leader carrying a 30 pound case of water into Big 10s.

I pass out likes like a drunken sailor on leave in Thailand. If I had 83 multiple accounts like a certain fellow that wrestles naked uncles in his basement...

Carter is hugely competitive. Could MFFing out of Bigs, resulting in the loss of a chance at the Hodge, play in to his decision to come back and seek #5? I say maybe, just maybe.

Reactions: PatMineo22 and Ski
every-time-60percent.gif

This was one of those 40% of the time jobs by Mineo

• Haha
Reactions: PatMineo22
Hey there sir, Carter wanted to go and planned to go (that streak and the hodge) and after weigh ins today cael told him nope. He was pissed, clearly. It was the right call tho, why risk it?
I don’t understand why Mineo gets called out so often. He’s clearly got some inside ties with college and HS wrestling, he responds when his info comes up short, and he provides plenty to at least talk about in a sport that’s so hush hush all the time. I appreciate it even when he’s off a bit, just my .02…

I don’t understand why Mineo gets called out so often. He’s clearly got some inside ties with college and HS wrestling, he responds when his info comes up short, and he provides plenty to at least talk about in a sport that’s so hush hush all the time. I appreciate it even when he’s off a bit, just my .02…
It’s part of the game but up until yesterday my strong voiced opinion since the day of injury was he will mff out.. that’s documented on twitter as well but people wont post that. Yesterday I was told he plans to compete by someone directly speaking to him- because of the streak and the hodge.. he weighed in and Cael said No. Carter was unhappy but it was the right move IMO, why risk re-injury for big show: again- ppl will hang on every tweet except the ones where i say for 2 weeks how i think he will mff out, i had penn state fans mad at me for saying that one too. Go look on twitter. But in the end, it’s up to Cael and that was the right call. People often like to pretend info is “made up” meanwhile it can change last minute- just like me saying for 2 weeks how he will Mff then being told he plans to go yesterday- which I shared.

People also act as if I made up Kem was done (that’s the big one that ppl harp on for years lol) when he wasn’t in practice room for over a month and Iowa announced that Swafford was the starter. If you talk to some in Iowa they may even tell you my tweet is why he was rushed back. He got pissed and wrestled with one arm rest of way,

Funny huh?

This. Pat's been good for a number of years. Whatever issues are long in the past.

Even if he were way off, it beats Flo's Everything Hot Takes approach plus videos where Pile talks for 10 minutes for 15 sec of actual content -- 20 sec if he farts.

Hey there sir, Carter wanted to go and planned to go (that streak and the hodge) and after weigh ins today cael told him nope. He was pissed, clearly. It was the right call tho, why risk it?
I agree, and it was obvious that Carter was disappointed. It was absolutely the right thing to do, but, Carter is a competitor and, of course, he isn't going to like it.

I was just messing with him. I've got zero issue with him.

This was 100% coaches. They made the call. And the right one TBH. If it were up to him he would have wrestled.

I think sometimes it's easy to forget that in your late teens or early 20's, how little physical danger you sense and how readily you dismiss it on those rare occasions when you actually do sense it. You are young and resiliant, and you've yet to discover things like the "ban roll waist band" and sleep aids.

Carter is on the floor and someone just handed him his headgear for what it is worth.
This observation was made in the PBP thread, as well. I believe he needed to have it on the mat for the injury default because it is a required part of the uniform.

Reactions: hlstone
People also act as if I made up Kem was done (that’s the big one that ppl harp on for years lol) when he wasn’t in practice room for over a month and Iowa announced that Swafford was the starter. If you talk to some in Iowa they may even tell you my tweet is why he was rushed back. He got pissed and wrestled with one arm rest of way,

Funny huh?

Kemerer came back to wrestle because of your tweet? 🤣

Reactions: Fatmarc
This. Pat's been good for a number of years. Whatever issues are long in the past.

Even if he were way off, it beats Flo's Everything Hot Takes approach plus videos where Pile talks for 10 minutes for 15 sec of actual content -- 20 sec if he farts.
This doesn't surprise me one bit. You must easily forget the things he has done over the years.
You like him becaue he hates Iowa and constantly trashes the program from his computer.

Correct, why risk it?

Which is why it was foolish (or wishful thinking) to for anyone to actually think that Starocci might wrestle at BIGs. Everyone should have known how this was going to go down.

True, but after seeing Nolf do this to opponents on just one leg you can hardly blame PSU fans for having an expansive view of what's possible:

keanu reeves 90s GIF
Right, and what happened with Nolf at the 2018 B1G tourney, once he was assured entry in NCAAs?

You, obviously .... did not attend Erie Cathedral Prep 🤣
I did not.

However, I have seen how this PSU coaching staff manages the B1G tournament for their guys with nasty leg injuries. And the staff's tolerance for taking unnecessary risk in the BIG tourney regarding such injures.

That's weird. Who the hell knows, but at face value that's not a great thing to see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT