ADVERTISEMENT

Can You Believe Temple Is The Best Team In Pa?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NitLionsG0

Oct 7, 2015
Did you ever think you would see the day when Temple was clearly the best team in Pa? I actually think PSU is running third right now behind Pitt. While CJF is a good talker, he has a lot more to prove from a coaching perspective.

Every press conference he cooks up a batch of excuses, but on Saturday i see offenses as young and less talented executing better.

Last edited:
I bet if we played Temple right now we would beat them. Barkley on the field makes us alot better offensively.

So no I don't think Temple is the best, in fact I would say both PSU and Pitt are better. Pitt probably should have won in Iowa as they pretty much out played Iowa. Temple plays in a horrible conference.

Reactions: pandaczar12
No, because I never thought PSU would be hit with unjust sanctions. Without the sanctions, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Big picture though, it's one year, it's not like Temple will always and forever be the best team in PA. Let them have their day in the sun, it's been a LONG winter for them.

Pitt is terrible, no way they beat PSU this year. Pitt isn't even crippled by unjust sanctions, it's just normal old Pitt!

No, because I never thought PSU would be hit with unjust sanctions. Without the sanctions, we wouldn't be having this discussion. Big picture though, it's one year, it's not like Temple will always and forever be the best team in PA. Let them have their day in the sun, it's been a LONG winter for them.

Pitt is terrible, no way they beat PSU this year. Pitt isn't even crippled by unjust sanctions, it's just normal old Pitt!

Watching the Pitt-Iowa game I don't think Pitt is as bad as some of you think. I am not saying they are world beaters, but they aren't bad. They are better then I thought they would be.

While Temple is certainly having a year (and I lol at your pitt comment), it's downhill for both after this year unless they can get some recruits. Temple has zero 4 or 5 stars coming in (but they probably have none right now anyway) and pitt has one of their worst classes ever. Temple vs the domers is their only challenging game this year, we'll see how that works out. Even if they go 12-0 and beat notre dame, I don't think they sniff the playoffs, with their #104 strength of schedule.

Did you ever think you would see the day when Temple was clearly the best team in Pa? I actually think PSU is running third right now behind Pitt. While CJF is a good talker, he has a lot more to prove from a coaching perspective.
No and I still have not. Pitt would beat Temple. And as Nate said, if we played Temple tomorrow I expect we would win. Except for a fluke play they would have lost to UMass. By seasons end Temple will have at least 4 losses. They are an average team.

Watching the Pitt-Iowa game I don't think Pitt is as bad as some of you think. I am not saying they are world beaters, but they aren't bad. They are better then I thought they would be.

It's Iowa, they are a Big 10 bottom feeder. Their signature wins are against Pitt, and Wisconsin. Wisconsin has Pitt's old coach, who apparently has brought the Pitt loser stench back with him to Madison.

I just checked out Iowa's schedule, my lord is it terrible. They literally could sleep walk their way to a 12-0 season and a beat down in the Big 10 Title game.

It's Iowa, they are a Big 10 bottom feeder. Their signature wins are against Pitt, and Wisconsin. Wisconsin has Pitt's old coach, who apparently has brought the Pitt loser stench back with him to Madison.

I just checked out Iowa's schedule, my lord is it terrible. They literally could sleep walk their way to a 12-0 season and a beat down in the Big 10 Title game.

The Big10 west is a joke. An average team is going to be in the big10 champ game every year, whereas the number 4 team in the east is probably on the same level as the best team in the west. Especially since nebraska and wisconsin blow this year.

Reactions: Westcoast24
No and I still have not. Pitt would beat Temple. And as Nate said, if we played Temple tomorrow I expect we would win. Except for a fluke play they would have lost to UMass. By seasons end Temple will have at least 4 losses. They are an average team.

I think you're wrong on Temple. They have one of the biggest wins in their program's history beating PSU and then go on the road and beat a good Cincinnati team. They then go on the road again and beat a scrappy UMass team that they were probably taking lightly. They may only lose two more games the whole season.

I bet if we played Temple right now we would beat them. Barkley on the field makes us alot better offensively.

So no I don't think Temple is the best, in fact I would say both PSU and Pitt are better. Pitt probably should have won in Iowa as they pretty much out played Iowa. Temple plays in a horrible conference.

How did you watch it? They played at the same time we played Rutgers.

Every press conference he cooks up a batch of excuses, but on Saturday i see offenses as young and less talented executing better.
Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

We would crush them if we played now. Barkley would run for 200 which would force them to respect 'Hack.

Temple should just enjoy the rides because the confluence of circumstances leading to their run this season are not likely to duplicate any more frequently than Haley's Comet's appearance.

Temple is a senior laden team that has grown together and is always playing with house money. PSU's situation in first full year out of sanctions does not need rehashed. Pitt has actually put a pretty good string of games together after an underwhelming start. VT is a dumpster fire but that performance at Iowa looks better every week. None of these PA teams have a signature win yet though.

The Big10 west is a joke. An average team is going to be in the big10 champ game every year, whereas the number 4 team in the east is probably on the same level as the best team in the west. Especially since nebraska and wisconsin blow this year.

I'd kind of like to see a whole slate of end of season match ups between counterparts in the east and west, not just the championship game. Designate the west teams as hosts one year (except for the championship game) and east teams the next. That allows schools not in the championship game to play +1, and allows non-bowl teams to have something to look forward to.

Lion King aka newera aka iron lion. IU is the best team in Indiana right now!!!! Troll has to troll. This is a ND fan obsessed with PSU. He's scared of what Franklin is building talent wise. He actually pays to troll PSU on 247 and gets banned every couple of months. Watch your IP newera!!!!:D

Last edited:
[QUOTE="KnightSlayer, post: 642236, member: 10552"]I think you're wrong on Temple. They have one of the biggest wins in their program's history beating PSU and then go on the road and beat a good Cincinnati team. They then go on the road again and beat a scrappy UMass team that they were probably taking lightly. They may only lose two more games the whole season.[/QUOTE]

It would not be the 1st time I was wrong about something, but we'll see. Notre Dame and Memphis (5-0 and a top 25 team at the end of last season) will be losses, and likely East Carolina, which beat VaTech. UConn only lost to Missouri by 3 on the road, so I expect that to be a loss as well. That's 4. I also think they could lose at South Florida in mid November. If they finish the year with 2 losses it will be remarkable, and with a Penn State guy as head coach, it would be a good thing. Unfortunately, I think Temple is vastly overrated by Temple fans. We have proven to be a below average team and we were about as bad as we could be in the Temple game. The Temple win over Cincy was a very good win for them, but it was one game, and was more than balanced by their performance against UMass. If they finish the year 10-2, I will applaud them. I just don't see it.

And you take every opportunity to rip him.

Pitt and TU both suck.

CJF is doing a good job and YOUR boy Nardogg will jump ship at the first chance.

CJF started about 15 sanction era recruits on opening day while OB only started 3 in 2013.

Pitt and TU both suck.

CJF is doing a good job and YOUR boy Nardogg will jump ship at the first chance.

CJF started about 15 sanction era recruits on opening day while OB only started 3 in 2013.

That may well be, but they are both better than we are at this point. Army? Really?

B10 bottom feeder? LMAO

B10 bottom feeder? LMAO

Maybe you are thinking of a different Iowa?

Because the Iowa Hawkeyes have a 0.500 record over the last 3 seasons, and haven't won a B10 title since they shared one in 2004 with a team that beat them.

I do think Notre Dame will be a huge test for Temple, but I think Temple's defense is absolutely for real and I think they'll be undefeated when ND comes to town.

As for whether they're the best team in PA, I think it's very possible that they might be. They certainly have a claim over us, because they were absolutely the best team in Pennsylvania when we played them. I'm not sure how it would play out if we saw them this week with a healthy Barkley, but I think it's hard to say we'd be a better team based on the way both teams have played. I'm not sure if I can get a good read on Pitt, but I've been pretty impressed with what I've seen. Iowa wins games ugly, sure, but they've done that pretty much throughout Ferentz's tenure - more often than not at our expense when we've played them. But I watched that Pitt/Iowa game and thought Pitt outplayed them for much of it.

Right now that's like being the tallest member of the "Lollipop Guild."

Reactions: nits74
Maybe you are thinking of a different Iowa?

Because the Iowa Hawkeyes have a 0.500 record over the last 3 seasons, and haven't won a B10 title since they shared one in 2004 with a team that beat them.

Thought we were talking about this year, not 2004?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT